IGNORED

Where in the World is the Intellivision Community?

First Spear

You're making me miss Texas.

That said, I did find the magic ingredient to make killer queso to help stave off my Texas withdrawal.

Is that for real? Have you tried it? Sounds like I have some experiments to do this week-end. I was planning on doing a Lobster Mac & Cheese for Sunday Brunch, and it looks like I have some homework to do now!! :) Hmmmm... :thumbsup:

Thanks!

-dZ.

Is that for real? Have you tried it? Sounds like I have some experiments to do this week-end. I was planning on doing a Lobster Mac & Cheese for Sunday Brunch, and it looks like I have some homework to do now!! :) Hmmmm... :thumbsup:

Yes, we have, a couple times now. It works quite well.

Edited by intvnut

Yes, we have, a couple times now. It works quite well.

I will add that having an immersion blender is essential for incorporating the cheese in the liquid. And keep the heat low. They say "medium" but I'd suggest "medium-low," at least based on my experience with our stove. A mix of mild + medium cheddar works great for queso. Stir in some pico de gallo at the end and grab some salty corn chips.

I still need to try some other cheeses. I've tried colby and it worked well. I want to try Swiss for more of a fondue vibe, but I'm the only person in the house who actually likes Swiss cheese.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

Which is one bad-ass name for a town, I have to say.

I recently sold an LTO Flash to someone in Rough & Ready. (Was it you?) Their street name was also bad-ass and totally sold the town name.

Me? I'm in sleepy San Jose, CA. Previously, I was in the D/FW metroplex.

Yep, that's me. Rough & Ready is a tiny little gold rush town. Early on, the US post office attempted to get the town to change it's name (saying they could be Rough or Ready, but not both). The town's response was to formally secede from the nation. It didn't last long, but it's the only known town in US history to do that. There's a celebration every year here to commemorate the events. Love this place, but it needs an arcade. I found a calling.

I used to be a Bay Area guy before moving out here to the boonies a few years ago (Intvnut... my sister's family lives near you). My goal is to build a tiny arcade out here in the garage the way you used to see them in camp ground visitors centers. The intellivision is in the attached guest room, and that part is finished already.

• Like 1