IGNORED

Regarding Fantastic Voyage

Syzygy1

I'm writing an adaptation of Fantastic Voyage as part of my Atari stories ft. the Teen Titans, where Cyborg is stricken ill with a blood clot in his brain possibly due to exhaustion and Raven shrinks the Titans to go inside Cyborg and cure him. Thing is, Cyborg is still conscious and interacts with the Titans over a communicator even though his energy is slowly draining and he might die if the Titans aren't careful. The symptoms of Cyborg's condition are minimal; Cyborg thinks he just has a headache at the beginning, which turns into a fever, and suddenly he feels a splitting pain in his head which alerts the Titans SOMETHING IS WRONG.

I haven't played Vanguard yet. The most I can get up to before I kill the guy is the stage with the purple background and it's really narrow. As much as I love the game's concept, the game itself triggers my anxiety so the rare few times I play it I do it with the sound off so I don't have the heart monitor making me all nervous like "AM I GONNA KILL THE GUY?"

Funny, I kept saying I was gonna kill him and I made it up to that stage, at which point I decided I wasn't going to kill him... and I killed him.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

For M.A.S.H. and its surgery portion, I always pretend I'm operating on Hawkeye from Marvel Comics, since one of the characters on M.A.S.H. is named Hawkeye and there's an episode of the Iron Man cartoon where Iron Man goes inside Hawkeye.

"That TEARS it! I've HAD it as an Avenger! Right here and now -- HAWKEYE'S CUTTIN' OUT!"

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 12:27 PM, Syzygy1 said:

For me, I like to imagine I'm inside Cyborg from DC Comics, as there's an episode of Teen Titans (2003) where Beast Boy and Gizmo go inside Cyborg after he gets a virus.

I wrote a story back in 83 where the Teen Titans went inside Cyborg to fix a broken bone.

• 2 years later...
On 6/16/2020 at 1:29 PM, keithbk said:

When I play Fantastic Voyage, I'm piloting the ship with Raquel Welch sitting at my side, telling me how she has every confidence I can do this... and when I win, I'm gonna get a kiss...

That's why I ALWAYS win... :)

Same, but the character I get a kiss from is the guy I'm inside.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:35 PM, Syzygy1 said:

Anyway, anyone else willing to tell us who they pretended they were inside in the game?

Never gave my patient a name. But always imagined there was a 2nd level and more to the game. After fixing the first problem - the game turned into a Moon Patrol gig where an ATV like BigTrak exited the sub and traversed the terrain of the nasal cavities. The holes were pores. The rocks were clumps of snot. And the flying enemies were dust particles. My job was to keep it all clean and in working order

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Keatah said:

Never gave my patient a name. But always imagined there was a 2nd level and more to the game. After fixing the first problem - the game turned into a Moon Patrol gig where an ATV like BigTrak exited the sub and traversed the terrain of the nasal cavities. The holes were pores. The rocks were clumps of snot. And the flying enemies were dust particles. My job was to keep it all clean and in working order

That would be CLEVER for a ROM hack. I would imagine who my patients were based on things I liked seeing in a guy... thankfully I stopped playing after I got into MEN NAMED JUSTIN thanks to the WORLDS OF POWER METAL GEAR novel.

• 10 months later...

My story for FANTASTIC VOYAGE had a female doctor named Lisa (gi joe nurse type) pilot a shrunken ship inside a male patient named David (Eighties punk with dark red hair)..  despite David's appearance,,, he was completely OUT OF IT..  he felt like he was going to die everytime he could feel lisa inside him..  and his condition left him barely able to say his own name..  i mean,,, he did talk,,, but his speech was kind of slurred..  of course when lisa was done he gave her a kiss..  and i remember him shooting her the devil horns as he left..