IGNORED

My cracked screen.

Elvis

New guy here. I have the second Lynx not the first one. My screen got cracked. Bumer. It has been like that a long time. How much and where is a replacement?

20180502_134109_001__90357.1525295403.jp

You might find replacement "original" screens on Best Electronics website in the US. Expensive shipping outside of the US though.

The other solution is the "McWill" mod - there's a thread on this very forum (usually on the first page of threads) where you can order one - send McWill a pm. You can also send the Lynx to him for the upgrade (I think), at additional cost.

EDIT: If you mean the plastic part of the screen (ie. you LCD screen is fine, the clear plastic screen cover isn't) - Best Electronics did also used to sell those too.

Edited by GadgetUK

I stared at that picture for long time, trying to find the crack, before realizing it's a stock photo.

But yes, the answer depends on where the crack is. Is the actual display cracked, affecting the actual pixels being displayed? Or is it the transparent piece in front of the screen? Can you feel the crack with your finger?

I stared at that picture for long time, trying to find the crack, before realizing it's a stock photo.

But yes, the answer depends on where the crack is. Is the actual display cracked, affecting the actual pixels being displayed? Or is it the transparent piece in front of the screen? Can you feel the crack with your finger?

It is the plastic in front of the screen. I thought that was the screen?

Well the good news is that the outermost plastic is separate from the actual display itself, which is still ok in your case. The terms are confusing over in the Game Boy universe too, where there's also a protective "lens" that sits in front of the LCD display.

DSC02609.JPG

I'm trying to Google it, but I haven't found a place that sells replacements. I'll keep looking.

There is a seller on ebay called techbabe who has these sometimes. Worth tracking them down and asking.

When replacing this be careful, it's a huge pain to remove the original and then placing a new one it's very easy to lock into an incorrect location.

Well the good news is that the outermost plastic is separate from the actual display itself, which is still ok in your case. The terms are confusing over in the Game Boy universe too, where there's also a protective "lens" that sits in front of the LCD display.

DSC02609.JPG

I'm trying to Google it, but I haven't found a place that sells replacements. I'll keep looking.

That's from my article...would have been useful to link to it since it has all the info including a link to techbabe's profile and instructions on how to replace this....https://atarigamer.com/articles/atari-lynx-repair---part-4---screen-cover-replacement

That's from my article...would have been useful to link to it since it has all the info including a link to techbabe's profile and instructions on how to replace this....https://atarigamer.com/articles/atari-lynx-repair---part-4---screen-cover-replacement

Ah sorry, didn't know it was part of an article. I found it in an image search. Great article!

• Like 1

DSC02609.JPG

If it does not effect anything I may just keep it that way. I only have 1 game anyway. Batman lol.