IGNORED

SC 1435 Monitor

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 6:31 AM, Zap! said:

I have one, but the power button is broken. It powers on as soon as I press it, but when I let go, it powers back off. It doesn't click. in place of on.

Mine has the same problem.  Worked fine right after I got it, but then it started doing that.  You can find replacement switches online.  I don't remember the model number of the actual monitor it is (it's really just a repackaged/badged Panasonic monitor if I remember right)... it's a lot easier to search for the parts/cables with that actual model number.

Yes, it seems to have a high failure rate. Several of my Commodore monitors had the same issue with the same part.

I lucked out and was able to pick up several when my local electonics store was clearancing them out.

Mitch

I have had a few Commodore monitors with the faulty switch.  I've bought them with packing tape, Blu-Tak and other methods to keep the switch pressed in (all of which were messy).

If you don't want the expense or expertise of replacing the switch, or a messy/sticky solution, then I suggest using tile wedge spacers like these:

https://www.amazon.com/QEP-10285-Tile-Wedge-Spacers/dp/B000FK1UTK?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000FK1UTK

It's cheap, clean and doesn't cause any damage.  Simply pressed the power button in, and insert one of the edges between the button and its surrounding, and it will stay in.  Pull the wedge out to turn off - simple!

2 hours ago, Almerian said:

For parts: The Philips cm8833-ll, Commodore 1084s-p1, 1084s-p2 are equivalents with more connections.

Any links? eBay came up empty for "Philips cm8833-ll switch and "Commodore monitor switch."

Edit: I think I found one. This it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Netzschalter-Power-Switch-Commodore-Monitore-C64-C128-Amiga-z-B-1084-1901/273833534752?hash=item3fc1c02520:g:6XQAAOSwb2lczE6S

Edited by Zap!

• 1 year later...