IGNORED

Micro Arcade from the makers of Tiny Arcade

Flojomojo

I mean look at that friggin thing.. you can cover up the screen with 2 pennies! What does that make each of the 55 Space Invaders.. about the size of a pinhead? And how many angels can dance on each invader? :lol:

post-31-0-12924900-1550247989_thumb.jpg

I'm not knocking it at all. Just saying, wow that's tiny. :)

Edited by NE146
  • Like 4

Super tiny. The Arduboy (which this resembles) uses a monochrome OLED screen, so the contrast was really good. I presume these are as good. Their Tiny Arcades (little cabinets the height of my index finger) were of high quality, at least from the 10 seconds of demo play you can enjoy while they were still in the package, which felt like enough time.

Yknow it's sad that these are marketed towards people like me.. who are approaching/in their late 40's and the fact is, we'd almost all need some pretty powerful reading glasses to even start enjoying these. lol

Hmm, I smell a conspiracy with the glasses industry. Perhaps they should make a varient with a giant lens on the front.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Micro Arcade version of Space Invaders is identical to the pretty bad Tiny Arcade port, or if they improved it so the invaders at least explode when they're shot.

Typical millennial thinking.

Do you even know what "millennial" means? I ask because your post only makes sense if you don't.

Edited by ZylonBane

I wonder if the Micro Arcade version of Space Invaders is identical to the pretty bad Tiny Arcade port, or if they improved it so the invaders at least explode when they're shot.

Do you even know what "millennial" means? I ask because your post only makes sense if you don't.

I was wondering that comment myself. I think someone missed the point. Maybe they meant the Marketing people were Millenials, then it makes sense to me at least.

I'll have to keep an eye out for these. Looks like there is another round of tiny arcades on the way out too! I like the fact that one of the Micro Arcades is a little Atari Multicade. With Toys R Us gone, finding these local is a bit of a pain and I keep forgetting where our nearest Cracker Barrel is at! It seems Walmart is stuck on the same four they brought out a couple years ago and Target has gone all Dream Gear and My Arcade for mini arcades. Actually, with the excepting of the mode deluxe Basic Fun units, that is all Walmart is updating as well around here. Toys R Us had just about everything the final year they were around. From the Tiny Arcades right up through the Dream Gear stuff. Also, they carried the segmented LCD Basic Fun units over by the board games and such. Sigh... Thanks Bain Capital, you should have been called Bane Capital...

Edited by simbalion

• 2 weeks later...

The games they've depicted are all vertical games. To letterbox them into a tiny horizontal screen would make them even smaller!

Oh I know that. I'm just hoping they release a horizontal one so the Arduboy community jumps on it and starts making color games. The Arduboy has absolutely amazing games.

I had the early one from Kickstarter, with a tiny rom size and a similarly small screen -- OLED but monochrome. No sound. It was cute but so limited. Do you have experience with something better?

It has sound. Arduventure is a great game, and Team ARG has produced some amazing products given that they're free and how limited the hardware is.

It would be fascinating to see if this one can be modified to run ardu games people create or newer more colorful projects.

I liked the concept of the original but I felt the expense was too much, more glaringly so with the Tetris handheld they did which I wanted most. :( The fact this one though has a bigger and colorful panel makes it even more appealing as something to stuff in a wallet for ease of use.

• 2 months later...