IGNORED

Sealed Copy Of Super Mario Bros. Sells For A Record-Breaking $100,150

Video game grading is a joke to me. If it ever catches on it will ruin the VG market like it ruined the comic market.

That thing is an investment in the same way tulip bulbs are. Only worth what some other sucker will pay for it.

The only people that seem to care about VG grading are those that stand to profit from it - grading agents or people who own games that will increase in value because of grading.

Nobody else gives two fucks about it.

• Like 2

Video game grading is a joke to me. If it ever catches on it will ruin the VG market like it ruined the comic market.

People have been saying this for the better part of a decade now. I think it's safe to say that for most people this has not caught on (and probably never will).

• Like 1

I find this very strange no news media outlet has even posted this story, and when I tried tracing back the story. I find 1 source and that is someone's blog who doesn't even quote where they got the story. I just believe this is an internet rumor...until I see otherwise.

Actually It was on my local news and then the world news show that is right after showed as well (nation wide broadcast). Never mind it was front page on most News related web pages.

It's hard to believe you didn't hear anything about it unless you didn't watch the news on the day after it happened...

Video game grading is a joke to me.

Grats. It's like anything else. The MINT versions are worth more than the crappy beat up versions. We are getting to an age where 30 year old games are collectable and the PRIME versions should be verified to make sure their shape is as expected. There is nothing wrong with grading, if your keeping it for an investment.

Personally I collect games so i can enjoy them but, at least this game I have at least 4-5 copies for the NES alone....