IGNORED

How can I add a splash screen to karri cart template?

Nop90

I can find an example of spalsh screen image in karri solitaire sources, and in peg solitaire there is the same structure with an empty sprite.

But I'm not able to merge this examples with karri's cart template.

Is there another code example I can refer to?

If I understand the code, the splash screen sprite is placed at a fixed memory point and is loaded by the encrypted loader, that it's is no more needed with karri template.

So if I'm right, I can add my own splashsceen making a simple pre intro that shows a fullsreen image for a small amount of time.

Correct?

Yep. It is actually even faster than a real splash screen. The "normal" encrypted loader is 410 bytes and loading it takes 4 times longer than the cc65 loader of only 52 bytes. You could just add something like:

now = clock();
while (tgi_busy()) ;
tgi_sprite(&splashscreen);
tgi_updatedisplay();
while (clock() < now + 60);
Edited by karri
  • Like 1

Thanks, but the game is not mine, I only ported it to Lynx.

Had to rewrite most of the code, but the game concept is from 2015 and is coded by other two members of the team (from old amiga school ;) ).

I'm better at coding than at designing games, so I use to port games done by others, but I'm going to release (always for Retroguru Team) my first game, Nutmeg. Maybe I'll try a port of it on Lynx sooner or later.

I'm glad to know (again) that you like the game. My port of the tunes seem to be of enogh quality to not need to be redone (feedback of the guy in charge to do the final music port), so I only need the final gfxs.

I made a lot of experience in converting mod tracks to chipper, and found some nice tricks for instruments. Maybe I should write some notes for the other developers.