Tony Cruise

MSX/Coleco Sprite & Tile Set Editor

This is an application written in C# .Net for home brew developers to create both Sprite and Tile Set designs for their home brew projects.

The sprite design section allows:

• multi-layer pattern design
  • animation sequences
  • export to assembler and C formats
  • import data directly from existing source code

MSXSpriteEditor1.png

The tile set editor section allows:

• characters can be designed in groups of four for larger objects
  • powerful colour editing and copying

MSXSpriteEditor2.png

I intend on adding more features in the future.

The application is free to use, but I have included a Donate button if anyone would like to contribute to the cost of the certificate.

You can download it here: https://www.electricadventures.net/MSXSpriteEditor/publish.htm

It will automatically ask to update if you are connected to the Internet if I have published an updated version.

Edited by Electric Adventures
  • Like 4

A little OT, but if any one develop using Intybasic at Intellivision, you can also configure output bitmap statements :)

I have released a new version that now includes a tile layout i.e. screen editor. Layouts can be output in raw data i.e. 768 bytes or compressed using Pletta. At the moment it assumes the same tileset is used for all three quadrants, and few more controls on the tab need fleshing out, but it is functional.

There is a bug in the tileset editor screen with colours, doesn't happen all the time looking into it though.

I have also updated my site to have a SSL certificate, which will prepare it for the coming July deadline (and has already cropped up for some scanner tools, warning when sites don't have a SSL certificate).

Hey Atariage, time to make the change :)

Posted (edited)

Most results are ASM only.

It would be great if it supports RLE compression as well.

I use C, not ASM.

Edited by Serguei2

Posted (edited)

It's best if the outputs are uncompressed. You can then use the compressor of choice. There were some other previous tile editors that didn't offer uncompressed.

I use C, not ASM.

Edited by digress

I use C, not ASM.

You can change how the generated code is output using the options i.e. can be output in a way acceptable to pretty much any compiler/assembler will accept, including C.

RLE is very similar to Pletter I will add a RLE option soon.

It's best if the outputs are uncompressed. You can then use the compressor of choice. There were some other previous tile editors that didn't offer uncompressed.

Output can be in uncompressed or compressed (only by Pletter at the moment), controlled through the options.

Compressed data makes more rooms for other stuff.

You can change how the generated code is output using the options i.e. can be output in a way acceptable to pretty much any compiler/assembler will accept, including C.

RLE is very similar to Pletter I will add a RLE option soon.

I would be happy for it.