IGNORED

Choplifter Review!

gorfcadet

Hope everyone is having a great start to your week! Let me know what you think and what I really want to know is some of your high scores. I think the game would have been better with a traditional high score system, but that isn't to say it doesn't have other problems. The jets really needed to be slowed down in my opinion.

Anyone else play this one?

• Like 3

The jets really needed to be slowed down in my opinion.

Tackle buildings in the order they appear from right to left. Stay to right (side) of building, blast open the door and rescue hostages. Do not pass the building on the left until hostages rescued. Return to base. Then proceed to next building. Jet(s) never appear. :)

Anyone else play this one?

Perfectly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1-x93Gx1Q0

;)

• Like 3

Tackle buildings in the order they appear from right to left. Stay to right (side) of building, blast open the door and rescue hostages. Do not pass/cross the building until hostages rescued. Return to base. Then proceed to next building. Jet(s) never appear. :)

Perfectly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1-x93Gx1Q0

;)

You sir are a wizard!!! If there is ever a Players Guide for the 7800, you should be the writer! Thanks for that, Ill test that approach tonight.

• Like 2

I used to score perfect games on this back when it was new. My strategy was to actually start with the left most building first. I can't recall how I did it, but I found that I could hit the buildings and park on the screen in a way that the tanks wouldn't actually come towards you. They would dart in and out off screen from the sides doing this. Also the jets didn't show up either as Trebor stated. So the only real threat was the stupid drone. That is why I started on the left most buildings and worked my way back to the right.

• Like 2

I used to score perfect games on this back when it was new. My strategy was to actually start with the left most building first. I can't recall how I did it, but I found that I could hit the buildings and park on the screen in a way that the tanks wouldn't actually come towards you. They would dart in and out off screen from the sides doing this. Also the jets didn't show up either as Trebor stated. So the only real threat was the stupid drone. That is why I started on the left most buildings and worked my way back to the right.

The reason starting at the left most is a sound strategy is because the longer the game goes on the harder the game gets.

• Like 1

Never cared for this one. It's not that it's a bad game, it isn't, it's that it ends so quickly. They should have enabled more rounds at higher difficulty. It's like if Gorf ended after the first mothership. Just... why?

Wha... the games ends after you rescue all 64 hostages? Never played it long enough to have competed it, but reading the manual - sure seems to be the case! :rolling:

Wha... the games ends after you rescue all 64 hostages? Never played it long enough to have competed it, but reading the manual - sure seems to be the case! :rolling:

Yep. After playing some of the better ports, it's hard to play this one. Another cheap and dirty Atari 7800 port.

I'm really glad the homebrew scene has made this system shine. It deserved better than the terrible marketing and often quick, shoddy ports showed. There were some great games of course, but not enough.

Edited by Lord Thag
  • Like 3