IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 14_Pre-Season Poll and Discussion

Rick Dangerous

What direction do you want for the HSC?   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy the game selection in Season 13?

• Yes
    • No
    • There were too many games I didn't have access to!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to get a feel for how everyone enjoyed Season 13. It was my first full season administering the HSC, and it was more work than I thought it would be!

This topic is to offer your thoughts for the games and structure of the season ahead. For example:

-Should we stick to more common games, so more people can participate?

-Should we be playing newer releases, to mix it up and for the fun of it?

-Harder or Easier game modes?

-Other thoughts.

Let me know that and what games you would like to play in the discussion before.

Thanks, and looking forward to the start of Season 14, March 1st 2019!!

Best,

-Rick

My thoughts:

1. We must play DOWNFALL !!!

2. I play via emulation and there were several games this past season that had no rom dumps so I had to sit out. I don't really mind skipping a round or two, but that should be considered when choosing the games

Other than that, no complaints.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to get a feel for how everyone enjoyed Season 13. It was my first full season administering the HSC, and it was more work than I thought it would be!

This topic is to offer your thoughts for the games and structure of the season ahead. For example:

-Should we stick to more common games, so more people can participate?

-Should we be playing newer releases, to mix it up and for the fun of it?

-Harder or Easier game modes?

-Other thoughts.

Let me know that and what games you would like to play in the discussion before.

Thanks, and looking forward to the start of Season 14, March 1st 2019!!

Best,

-Rick

• Like 1

mix it up again maybe a few more of the common games, but for sure some of the newer.

Yeah it's a tough balance; you want people to be able to play but you also want to keep it fresh with some of the new games coming out.

So i'm all about:

-Downfall

-Loopz

Being included. Some other suggestions:

-Defender 2000

-Missile Command 3D

-Pinball Fantasies

-Super Burnout

-Val D'Isere

-1943 or Flying Shark

What comes to mind for you guys? What do you want to see in the next season?

I was hoping to participate more this season. I used to be fairly active in the Lynx HSC. I checked this HSC daily for a few months, waiting for the beginning of another season, but eventually I lost hope and stopped checking for updates so often. Then one day I stumbled in here to find that this season had started and I'd already missed a few rounds. That, along with the inclusion of several games I don't have, killed my ambition to participate. I have the full commercial set of Jag games, but that only made half of this season's selections available to me.

I don't mean to come off whiney. I understand this is all done by people in their free time, and I have no place to criticize if I'm not willing to organize this thing myself. I'm just explaining why I didn't participate much despite intending to. :)

Big kudos to the winners, and I hope everybody had lots of fun this season!

Totally. We will try to do 75-80% commercial releases this season. The only thing is, with all the new great games coming out, it's hard not to want to mix it up a little bit and include some of them. If I do games that were not in the original retail run, i try to make sure it's games that are readily available either in the AA store, through Songbird, Gaz, or for download, so there is no reason people can't get access to these to play (other than money I suppose

March 1st is rapidly approaching folks, get your game suggestions in now. So far I'm thinking:

-Cybermorph

-Defender 2000

-Downfall

-Flying Shark

-Iwar

-Loopz

-Missile Command 3D

-Pinball Fantasies

-Super Burnout

-Total Carnage

-Val D'Isere

Need a few more suggestions! NEW SEASON Starts in 3 DAYS :D

Hello masematte

Gatzee recently made flying shark available. He is in the UK and may be able to get you a copy still.

Loopz is in available on the songbird website. Would a cart be helpful or do you play in emulation only?

Thanks.

T Minus ONE DAY until the next season starts folks. Send me those suggestions now or forever hold your peace!!! :D

My suggestions are:

Alien Vs. Predator

Raiden

Tempest 2000

Checkered Flag (time trial)

Powerdrive Rally (time trial)

Doom (fastest time with 100% kills on a given level)

If we include Jag CD games, VidGrid and Blue Lightning might be fun too.

I like the Powerdrive Rally suggestion! That I haven't seen in the HSC.

I try not to repeat games season to season, taking at least a one season break. We did Raiden, Checkered Flag, and Tempest 2k last season so probably will skip those this.

The "timed" levels wind up being a pain for people and get lower participation rates, so i'm open to those, but don't want to do more than 1-2 per season.

New season will launch tomorrow! I'll post an announcement in the main Jaguar forum as well and hopefully we can get upwards of 20 people playing this round :)

EDIT: Machine yes we do the games list will be posted at the beginning of the season so everyone has ample time to get the games together.

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 1

@travistouchdown, i played on a real hardware, but i sell all my stuff in the last two years

so i still have only lose carts from the original and dome cd's, and the free roms for the skunk.

but it is okay :) , hope to collect enough points with the games i owned :) and again it is for the fun

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to participating in a full season for the first time.

Good selection of games this season but where can I get Downfall and Flying Shark? I've not heard of either before. I play on real hardware.

Thanks for keeping the High scores going.

If you have a skunkboard, you can download Downfall from reboot-games.com, and Flying Shark is in the ST ports sticky thread at the top of the Jaguar forum.

If you don't then Downfall is currently out of print, but will be available again as part of the reBOOTed collection soon, and Flying Shark can be ordered from AA user Gaztee.

If you have a skunkboard, you can download Downfall from reboot-games.com, and Flying Shark is in the ST ports sticky thread at the top of the Jaguar forum.

If you don't then Downfall is currently out of print, but will be available again as part of the reBOOTed collection soon, and Flying Shark can be ordered from AA user Gaztee.

Thanks CyranoJ. I don't own a skunkboard...yet. I'll certainly be buying the rebooted collection when it's release.