IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey 4305

ETWelty

Hi everyone, I made a "grail" addition to my collection this weekend and thought I'd share. I finally found the elusive Magnavox Odyssey 4305! I'd love to know who else on here owns one, as I 'd love to work up some numbers on how many are left. I bought it with 2 sets of paddles, and the guy said his grandmother had originally bought 3 (I gathered that this was the last one they still had), which explained the extra controllers. I never thought I would find one, especially since they dont stand out obviously, But I am ecstatic to start the cleaning processes and a few minor repairs to make it a bit safer. (sorry for the picture being sideways, I can never get it to post them correctly :))

post-48405-0-06293100-1550538513_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I never heard of the 4305. What a cool find! Love this Odyssey. :love:

The picture looks to be in good shape too.

I've been a big Odyssey fan since I was a kid back in the heyday of the O2. And I never saw any Odyssey pong units until I started hitting flea markets in the 1990s as an adult. This is some kind of find. There cannot be very many of these around.

Congrats!

Awesome find! :)

This is one of the relatively few grails left for me as a collector, and it is indeed encouraging to know that these are still turning up in the wild. I would greatly enjoy hearing more of the backstory behind how you located this treasure!

Thanks! I actually just stumbled on it on a facebook search. I hardly ever search for Magnavox Odyssey anymore as they are either way to high, or never there, I just go super lucky on this one though. The guy said that his grandmother had bought 3 sets, but I'm assuming the other 2 were likely trashed at some point, which is sad. It has definetly seen some better days (looks like a lava lamp used to be on it as there is a small droop and discoloration), but overall, especially for the price I paid and the rarity, it is in good shape. I truly never expected to find one, but luck, patience and timing is everything

I never heard of the 4305. What a cool find! Love this Odyssey. :love:

The picture looks to be in good shape too.

I've been a big Odyssey fan since I was a kid back in the heyday of the O2. And I never saw any Odyssey pong units until I started hitting flea markets in the 1990s as an adult. This is some kind of find. There cannot be very many of these around.

Congrats!

It's been on my list for years. Great find. I fear still I may never end up with one

Thanks! I could hardly believe it when I saw it. I had seen the one video on youtube and a few pictures, but I never fathomed seeing one, especially owning one. My main worry was to not overpay, but it is one of those items you only get one chance to buy a lifetime