IGNORED

Soulsborne thead (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne)

Austin

Found Rennala location again, is there really no site of grace closer to her? 

Fight glitchec out again on first try, got sooo close to taking her down in her second phase, but she literally pulls everything out the book at you. 

Elsewhere.. 

Volcano Manor.. Join or not join them? 

3 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

Fight glitchec out again on first try, got sooo close to taking her down in her second phase, but she literally pulls everything out the book at you. 

Best of my knowledge, the closest site is called “Debate Parlor.”  It’s the room where you beat the Red Wolf boss.    It’s really a straight run from the site to the boss, though, with no fighting (after you’ve beaten one knight guarding the lift).   Run out, stick to the right, jump on those support beam things, dodge a rock and you’re there.

3 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

I'm not familiar with that, at all.  I must have missed it on my first run.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Best of my knowledge, the closest site is called “Debate Parlor.”  It’s the room where you beat the Red Wolf boss.    It’s really a straight run from the site to the boss, though, with no fighting (after you’ve beaten one knight guarding the lift).   Run out, stick to the right, jump on those support beam things, dodge a rock and you’re there.

I'm not familiar with that, at all.  I must have missed it on my first run.

That's the one i am using, bit of a trek for this fight then. 

As for Volcano Manor, I received an invite  which came from the Rya NPC  at Liurnia of the Lakes.

She  asked me  to retrieve a necklace from someone who stole it from her, a fellow tarnished who was resting in an abandoned house down the way.. 

(the Boilprawn Shack). 

Bought the necklace back off NPC  Blackguard Big Boggart, who's now selling me boiled prawns and crabs, 
gave the necklace back to Rya and she will gave me  a Volcano Manor Invitation. 

Found her again in Altus Plateau,  and she teleported me  inside Volcano Manor.

Where in a very Silent Hill/Twin Peaks style red room, I met Tanith, who said:

"So, Tarnished, have you ever harboured doubts? About the burden of grace, and the dogmatic ramblings of the Fingers? If you have,  why not join the Volcano Manor, and fight with us?Rise with us, against the Erdtree" 

I'd seen her on the loading screens a good few times. 

tanith_npc_elden_ring_wiki_guide_300x.jpg

15 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

Elsewhere.. 

It's not hard to get there from the debate parlor if you stop those boulders rolling down the stairs.    Just run out, jump on those stairs and then jump on the lift.

The key to the second phase is stay close to her.   She can cast spells that do a ton of damage if there's distance between you and her.

Oh And unless you are opposed to using them, spirit summons or other player summons can help a lot too.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:06 AM, Razzie.P said:

So if you want, you can kill all the mom n’ pop shops in that world and help Roundtable Hold become the 1st ever Wal-Mart.

I'm not really inclined to kill the merchants,  but the merchants in the Ainsel River and Siofra River Well dungeons were in such hard to reach places that they just had to die ?  I was never going to go through all that crap again to reach them, and they had a few good items I may pick up later ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, zzip said:

It's not hard to get there from the debate parlor if you stop those boulders rolling down the stairs.    Just run out, jump on those stairs and then jump on the lift.

The key to the second phase is stay close to her.   She can cast spells that do a ton of damage if there's distance between you and her.

Oh And unless you are opposed to using them, spirit summons or other player summons can help a lot too.

It just seemed a little odd, i had become used to respawn sites near bosses, think the last i played where you had a brief trek to return to boss arena, was Metroid Prime on the GC. 

I was agonisingly close to taking her down last night. 

But that's the lure From Software always put in, you know you can beat these bosses, as you came so close and i itch to get back into the fight ?

13 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

It just seemed a little odd, i had become used to respawn sites near bosses, think the last i played where you had a brief trek to return to boss arena, was Metroid Prime on the GC. 

Yeah Elden Rings hands out Grace sites like candy, but it's not unusual in the other Soulsborne games to have quite a hike to get to the boss.   I remember in Bloodborne the path from the spawn to Father Gascoigne and Blood Starved Beast was a bit crazy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzip said:

Yeah Elden Rings hands out Grace sites like candy, but it's not unusual in the other Soulsborne games to have quite a hike to get to the boss.   I remember in Bloodborne the path from the spawn to Father Gascoigne and Blood Starved Beast was a bit crazy

It's the one thing I have found that lacks any set pattern in the game, the spacing of the sites of grace at times feels very random. 

Sometimes they are closely grouped or put in areas with little threat levels, at other times it's the familiar, pleade be a bonfire, please be a bonfire, type Soul's syndrome. 

4 hours ago, zzip said:

I'm not really inclined to kill the merchants,  but the merchants in the Ainsel River and Siofra River Well dungeons were in such hard to reach places that they just had to die ?  I was never going to go through all that crap again to reach them, and they had a few good items I may pick up later ?

I just took perverse pleasure in killing GATEKEEPER Gostoc ?

But even more in taking down Rennala on my first attempt today, had help, but it was a sweet victory. 

Been trying to take down the Godskin Apostle boss in the Windmill villiage.    Haven't been able to take him down more than 75.   I feel like I'm underpowered for the bosses and stronger enemies of the Atlus Plateau,  but everything says this is where I'm supposed to go after Rennala

Other games are kind of boring me at the moment, so I started NG+

On one hand, I'm enjoying it more so far, since the map is there and I don't feel like I'm wondering aimlessly.    On the other hand, holy crap it's super easy.  I figured things would scale to match my end game level, but so far, it's been comically easy with my high level character and maxed out weapon.   

So for anyone asking for an easy mode, we can tell them it's in there --- they just have to beat the game to unlock it.  ?

I'm also suspecting that they've dialed it back a little with the patch, but not sure.  Seems like the "you can summon" icon lights up way more now, I've seen a few NPC summons that wasn't there during my first playthrough, and I'm seeing some odd enemy placement tweaks.  For example -- I had a huge problem area in the academy where a bunch of those Burger King lookin' mofos were rapid fire shooting me before I could get to them.  Now, though, they're all facing the other way, so I can sneak up and get the drop on them.

It's amazing how much you can easily miss in this game!    Last night I went back to Limgrave looking for a certain cave and I came across a dragon boss that I didn't know about, Agheel.   Defeated him.   A nearby NPC told me because I defeated Agheel,  I could now do dragon communion (which apparently is a class of spells) by visiting a church off the coast.

I had no idea.

Also decided to try to complete Rya's quest in the swamp around Raya Lucaria Academy.   Was never able to find the house she told me to seek even though I explored all the nearby ruins I could find.    Last night I finally found the place.   I explored all around it previously, don't know how I missed it because it's pretty obvious once you see it.

1 hour ago, zzip said:

It's amazing how much you can easily miss in this game!   

Yes!   I'm at the point where I'm about to fight Radahn in my NG+ playthrough, and I've found a few "new" bosses and NPCs already that I missed during my first run.

I remember seeing a girl in the lake talking about a necklace and a house, but could never find "the house" so forgot about it.   Now, I can't find "the girl," to try again  ?

I finished the game the other night. 105 hours, whew. Tried doing a lot of the questlines. Definitely worth doing those as you get access to some interesting bosses. That said.. this game is too massive for my taste. I had a good time with it but it basically consumed my gaming life for the last month. Probably won't revisit for a while. If From does another Souls-like, I hope it's more like the standard Souls games or Bloodborne in structure. This open world was all right, but it got tedious and bloated after a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I remember seeing a girl in the lake talking about a necklace and a house, but could never find "the house" so forgot about it.   Now, I can't find "the girl," to try again  ?

Yes that's Rya.   She should be located in a pavilion next to the birdseye telescope in the swamp (southern end of swamp),  if you have the telescope icon on your map, go there and you should be able to find her.  

The house was surprisingly hard to find even though it's right out in the open.    It's a bit northwest of her location

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zzip said:

It's amazing how much you can easily miss in this game!    Last night I went back to Limgrave looking for a certain cave and I came across a dragon boss that I didn't know about, Agheel.   Defeated him.   A nearby NPC told me because I defeated Agheel,  I could now do dragon communion (which apparently is a class of spells) by visiting a church off the coast.

I had no idea.

Also decided to try to complete Rya's quest in the swamp around Raya Lucaria Academy.   Was never able to find the house she told me to seek even though I explored all the nearby ruins I could find.    Last night I finally found the place.   I explored all around it previously, don't know how I missed it because it's pretty obvious once you see it.

Totally agree, stumbled across a Catacomb dungeon yesterday in early area i thought I knew like the back of my hand and just thought how the hell did I miss this? 

On 3/29/2022 at 9:09 AM, Lostdragon said:

Took multiple attempts, but took down Radahn and now wearing his armour set, had to beef stats to use it, so hope it's worth it. 

But not a bad few days play, if i say so myself ?

it seems you (and me, on my NG+ run) got lucky with Radahn.  The patch 1.03 nerfed him quite a bit, but now they have 1.03.3 that makes him a pain in the butt again.

I hated that boss first time through.

1 minute ago, Razzie.P said:

it seems you (and me, on my NG+ run) got lucky with Radahn.  The patch 1.03 nerfed him quite a bit, but now they have 1.03.3 that makes him a pain in the butt again.

I hated that boss first time through.

I've been assisting others with that fight haven't tried taken him on by myself yet.   I think I've only seen him beaten twice,  and that was while he was supposedly 'nerfed'.  

But I think I'm going to have to take him on soon, I'm running out of other areas to explore.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:10 PM, zzip said:

Been trying to take down the Godskin Apostle boss in the Windmill villiage.    Haven't been able to take him down more than 75.   I feel like I'm underpowered for the bosses and stronger enemies of the Atlus Plateau,  but everything says this is where I'm supposed to go after Rennala

Game has constantly felt so unbalanced. 

Take out bosses with realitive  ease and game still has you getting your ass handed to you by a bear in dragonbarrow cave ?

23 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

Game has constantly felt so unbalanced. 

Take out bosses with realitive  ease and game still has you getting your ass handed to you by a bear in dragonbarrow cave ?

Even the early-game bear in Mist Wood gave me trouble yesterday,  I'm around level 90 now and can take everything else in the area out with one swing