IGNORED

Any worthwhile C-64 demos worth seeing?

kiwilove

I am not a C-64 user - but I like to see what are the best demos made for the C-64.

The only one that stood out to me so far - is the Legend of Zelda graphics running - within a demo. Something I didn't think was possible to port over - but done so accurately.

I like to see ones that stand out against the best of the Atari 8-bit demos - like - the Robot and Spaceship demo, Fujiboink, the Swan demo, the Amiga boink demo. Few of the ones from demo coders stand out to me - so I don't like the usual demos of that type. Anything that rivals the intros from Rescue from Fractalus (Mothership) - and Ballblazer - around?

Harvey

The "best demos" are those which buck the limitations of the machine the hardest. The biggest achievements on the machine aren't really going to be striking in their intended way if you're not that familiar with those limitations. But still, there's some excellent music, graphics, and full-screen effects to be enjoyed for their own sake.

• Like 1

Over at the Atari 8-bit section of the forum, there is a 20++ page long thread more or less specifically about Sam's Journey and whether something like that could be achieved on the Atari, so I'd bet a fair number of Atari users know about that game, whether they're impressed or not.

Over at the Atari 8-bit section of the forum, there is a 20++ page long thread more or less specifically about Sam's Journey and whether something like that could be achieved on the Atari, so I'd bet a fair number of Atari users know about that game, whether they're impressed or not.

Ah thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...