IGNORED

Pac-Man

classicgamer74

In the latest episode of my channel I compare and contrast Pac-Man with its various ports. It amazes me how similar each port is, and yet how different. It's funny how everyone hates the Atari 2600 port, but to be honest I think the Intellivision is probably the least spectacular. And have you seen the Atari 8 versions? I'm not sure either of them are official ports or not. Plus, I also discuss two homebrew versions: Pac-Man 4k and Pac-Man Collection for the Atari 7800.

• Like 1

Never got the post net hate either. (Gotta love revisionist history) it's a perfectly good even great game for 2600, " but this, that, other" but nothing. Unlike some actual crap games, people bought, loved, and played the shit out of Pac Man 2600 bitd.

Awesome vid btw, I didn't even know about many of those versions.

• Like 3

Never got the post net hate either. (Gotta love revisionist history) it's a perfectly good even great game for 2600, " but this, that, other" but nothing. Unlike some actual crap games, people bought, loved, and played the shit out of Pac Man 2600 bitd.

Awesome vid btw, I didn't even know about many of those versions.

Yeah bitd I only knew people that liked it. Heck I still like it. How many 2600 ports could we go through and say they are shitty because it isn't like the arcade? I mean Asteroids isn't vector and can be rolled endlessly what's fun about that? Battlezone doesn't look right, and the eggs just bounce endlessly in Joust. When you see Ms. And Jr. it does appear rushed but I do think there is some revisionist history with it.

• Like 2

I loved Pac-Man on the 2600 when I was a kid. Yeah I knew it didn't look or sound like the arcade version but I didn't expect it to. It was fun, that's all I cared about. I enjoyed E.T. also and I still don't think it deserves the hate it gets. There are so many far worse games on the 2600, some absolutely terrible, so it always makes me wonder why these two get singled out.

I wish youtubers would stop saying things like "everyone hated it" It is absolutely not true.

You know what? You're exactly right. From now on I'm going to give my own opinion. Generalizing is a big problem and I don't have a clue what's in anyone else's heads, much less my own sometimes... Personally, when I was a kid I liked it and so did my mother. We used to have challenges as to who got the furthest. We did that for Ms. and Jr.

• Like 1