IGNORED

Two Bruce Lee sequels

Philsan

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

That's great news there's a work being done to port RoF to our 8-bit Atari, thanks to all involved! :)

Is there a plan to include selectable both standard and TIX gfx? That would be great on top of what's already great news :)

Please go up four posts (#296) to read programmer's reply.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, McKong said:

Looks great. If there's one fault with the original Atari game then it's a bit too easy, hopefully that won't be the case with this one.

Keep up the good work

Trust me, this one is a bit tougher..If all the features of the C64 go in then you will see the challenge..Its not overly hard though..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McKong said:

Looks great. If there's one fault with the original Atari game then it's a bit too easy, hopefully that won't be the case with this one.

Keep up the good work

42 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Trust me, this one is a bit tougher..If all the features of the C64 go in then you will see the challenge..Its not overly hard though..

This one is most certainly harder.

For example, The C64 Bruce actually jumps a tiny bit further than the A8. The game screens translated directly to the Atari so the jump gaps are the same size pixel wise, but since the A8 Bruce does not jump as far, you have to be on the very last pixel possible to make certain jumps.

Another example

ROF.png.d38feb29895f036e5df9947ad006c504.png

Normally the 'Fires' or whatever you want to call them disappear on this screen when the lamps are collected. In this version they do not, so timing has to be perfect.

I can beat the original game without losing a life. I can't win this game, hence above why I have two videos(And that's with cheating starting on that screen).

So it should be plenty challenging.

Edited by Ute
Clairity, spelling
  • Like 3

Yeah, DMX was very cool to let us have the levels and let us copy his ideas.

Fantomas also wanted to do a Bruce Lee 2 Atari port. So that will probably be the next effort, again time pending and that will probably require much more coding.

When I initially approached DMX I thought he would not reply, especially as it was to be linked to the <spit> Atari, but he was great, thought it was a really nice idea...

I'd forgotten about Fantomas (my apologies good sir), we all hope that all these games come to fruition but we have the joy of daily life to contend with which isn't so enjoyable at the moment in these hard times, so its nice that people are working on them but real life always comes first..

I'm happy that you guys liked the idea, in this world you often don't get unless you ask...Was nice to be listened to...

Yeah I did start playing the c64 version a while ago and it did seem harder than the original. I think one problem with the original was that the enemies were too dopey, plus you could run out of the screen and they were reset to their original starting position, which could be across the screen, giving you some breathing space.

Not directed to this game here, but just a small rant.  People who say the games are too easy should speak for themselves.  Not everyone is an expert.  Most of us are not, so making the game hard (FOR YOU) is not a good idea because a few of you are expert gamers and think the game is too easy.    The C64 version is a good balance and I appreciated the extra retries as well.  Nice idea.

Edited by tjlazer
  • Like 5

On 8/9/2020 at 5:47 PM, tjlazer said:

Not directed to this game here, but just a small rant.  People who say the games are too easy should speak for themselves.  Not everyone is an expert.  Most of us are not, so making the game hard (FOR YOU) is not a good idea because a few of you are expert gamers and think the game is too easy.    The C64 version is a good balance and I appreciated the extra retries as well.  Nice idea.

As it is now, it's more challenging than the C64 version.

We are tweaking it for a better balance.

We will probably need a few play testers in the future to get some feedback. Of course we'll keep everyone posted when we're near that stage.

We will probably need a few play testers in the future to get some feedback. Of course we'll keep everyone posted when we're near that stage.

Ok great, I would love to beta play test ;)
  • Like 2

On a separate topic, we would like recruit some volunteers for help with the music and intro screens.

Philsan had a nice conversion of the C64 screen as long as we had permission from Spark the original designer. Or would Philsan or others be interested in creating a whole new intro screen?

Thoughts or ideas?

• Like 2

On 8/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, McKong said:

Yeah I did start playing the c64 version a while ago and it did seem harder than the original. I think one problem with the original was that the enemies were too dopey, plus you could run out of the screen and they were reset to their original starting position, which could be across the screen, giving you some breathing space.

Interesting. We could make the enemies always spawn near Bruce - Maybe that should be an option in the settings menu....

1 hour ago, Ute said:

I'll be honoured if you consider me to test the game.

1 hour ago, Ute said:

On a separate topic, we would like recruit some volunteers for help with the music and intro screens.

Philsan had a nice conversion of the C64 screen as long as we had permission from Spark the original designer. Or would Philsan or others be interested in creating a whole new intro screen?

Thoughts or ideas?

I vote to keep the original intro screen from C64.

• Like 1

Thank you @Ute

I made a good Rastaconversion of Bruce Lee

Philsan_BruceLee_4.png.530be5bdce5f4079ccb093cd1cae19d0.png

but I think it would be better to be faithful to original RoF C64 titlescreen.

My Rastaconversion of that C64 titlescreen was ok but the background wasn't perfect.

RoF.thumb.png.542c51deb3cb958890844f602c0fdab2.png

Therefore, if you too prefer to use C64 titlescreen, we would need a Graph2Font master to convert it.

Here is original C64 image:

RoF_original.png.6403b580752df0cc7f2cc733cf3fe7ec.png

If you need a betatester who don't like too difficult games I am at disposal.

• Like 3

Conversions look great! - I'll ask Sparkler for permission (I'm sure he's fine with it.) I assume there are plenty of skilled musicians around these parts, but should the need arise somehow, I'll be happy to have a go at the music.

• Like 3

A couple of months ago, I played around with Sparklers title screen, I have reduced it to 6 colors and micro tweaked it,

maybe it will be easier for rasta to handle it..

bruce2.png.f04eec172c655e5b368a5a6597b9f766.png  bruce3.png.f26ef29319db357b2048bd8f736a59fd.png

edit: wrong file

Edited by TIX
  • Like 3