IGNORED

Two Bruce Lee sequels

Philsan

On 8/9/2020 at 4:53 PM, Mclaneinc said:

I'd forgotten about Fantomas (my apologies good sir),

No problem. Anyway, I have to admit that on the ROF project, 99.9% of the work is done by Ute.

19 hours ago, Ute said:

Thoughts or ideas?

I also want to make my small contribution. It's a work in progress: not all colours are correct.

Entirely done by a non Graph2Font master ?, so I provide the G2F file in case...

image.png.5a5e99f45f496e4990279ec118deaebc.png

rof-maintitle-3.g2f

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Ute said:

On a separate topic, we would like recruit some volunteers for help with the music and intro screens.

Philsan had a nice conversion of the C64 screen as long as we had permission from Spark the original designer. Or would Philsan or others be interested in creating a whole new intro screen?

Thoughts or ideas?

I'm the one who did the original intro screen! I'm perfectly fine with you doing a conversion, and very happy for the loader image to be a part of the conversion :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 10:37 PM, fantômas said:

No problem. Anyway, I have to admit that on the ROF project, 99.9% of the work is done by Ute.

I also want to make my small contribution. It's a work in progress: not all colours are correct.

Entirely done by a non Graph2Font master ?, so I provide the G2F file in case...

image.png.5a5e99f45f496e4990279ec118deaebc.png

rof-maintitle-3.g2f 6.75 kB · 4 downloads

Your conversion is very good!

I like Bruce Lee skin's color, like original A8 Bruce Lee game (and unlike C64 Bruce Lee conversion).

1 hour ago, Philsan said:

Your conversion is very good!

I like Bruce Lee skin's color, like original A8 Bruce Lee game (and unlike C64 Bruce Lee conversion).

Thank you.

Here's the latest version (WIP):

image.png.892326c6cc60f17f8d076a66c052f430.png

Indeed, I try to use the Atari's palette while trying to stay true to the source ?.

Anyway, I'm going back to work on the game....

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

For sports, I also tried myself at a Rastaconverter conversion of the Bruce Lee title screen.

However, after 500K of iterations I gave up. 

Here is my latest result:

output.png.5b6e68394dbd8bf06766f8543e0e082d.png

output.xex

I am pretty much a Rastaconverter newbie (this is my second image ever), so anyone feel free to either post-process (if that is even possible?)  or try to convert it any further.

There are several flaws in the picture, but I would be happy if my effort might be helpful to someone more expert.

Also, please note that I reduced the source pic by 1 color (the background grey) and I also altered the palette a bit.

Attached you will find all the Generator files and my details mask.

Also, here are my Rastaconverter settings:

/h=200, /pal=altirra, /details=bruceC64_mask.png /details_val=5 /init=smart /s=10000 /distance=ciede

Generator - Bruce Lee.zip

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2020 at 12:29 AM, fantômas said:

Thank you.

Here's the latest version (WIP):

image.png.892326c6cc60f17f8d076a66c052f430.png

Indeed, I try to use the Atari's palette while trying to stay true to the source ?.

Anyway, I'm going back to work on the game....

Exciting seeing all these different conversions. Just wanted to mention there's a black line that seems to have crept into this conversion - going from the tip of the last E in LEE and going to his neck.

Still working on this in my spare time.. but how about this golden dragon approach ! and in just 4 colors  ?

I tried to make the letters a little more interesting, but they can be just yellow as well !

I have edited Bruce's right hand, his outline and other bits and pieces !

output.xex  rasta churns it out in zero time, but it produces a weird brown line on top  ?

image.thumb.png.b017f9908147589eb3c5ca5c9c702db0.png

Edited by TIX
  • Like 1

Nice to see another approach, but to me it looks "too monochrome", like on some ancient amber PC monitor with Hercules gfx ;-)

We have great palette on 8-bit Atari and suffered from "monochrome" games a lot in the past (even the chambers of beloved Draconus), so the feeling isn't the best.

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it is still in development, but not very actively. I haven't worked on it since November, but I do have hope of finishing soon. I did let an individual play test back in November and received some good feedback. The game is fairly difficult as it is now so there will be some tweaking of various aspects on certain screens.

Most everything is complete gamewise except for some colors on a couple of screens needs tweaking and the last two screens need some animation and collision detection fixes. We've also included an infinite lives feature in the title screen for now. There is also a flesh/green option for the Yamo, although I need to pick a better PAL color for it. To keep memory low the Tix sprites and traditional sprites will be separate builds. Address spaces have been changed so this should be loadable from DOS as there were a few complaints about Eel Ecurb. There is still no music and no intro screen yet. Fantomas nor I want to compose the music, so volunteers would be appreciated. Although music may push this over 48K(Probably not).

Some screen shots are attached some PAL some NTSC, so people can get an idea.

Thanks for your patience.

Ute.

Flesh.png

FleshTix.png

FleshTixPal.png

GreenTixNtsc.png

GreenTradNtsc.png

Edited by Ute
Reasons
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

On 5/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, Ute said:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it is still in development, but not very actively. I haven't worked on it since November, but I do have hope of finishing soon. I did let an individual play test back in November and received some good feedback. The game is fairly difficult as it is now so there will be some tweaking of various aspects on certain screens.

Most everything is complete gamewise except for some colors on a couple of screens needs tweaking and the last two screens need some animation and collision detection fixes. We've also included an infinite lives feature in the title screen for now. There is also a flesh/green option for the Yamo, although I need to pick a better PAL color for it. To keep memory low the Tix sprites and traditional sprites will be separate builds. Address spaces have been changed so this should be loadable from DOS as there were a few complaints about Eel Ecurb. There is still no music and no intro screen yet. Fantomas nor I want to compose the music, so volunteers would be appreciated. Although music may push this over 48K(Probably not).

Some screen shots are attached some PAL some NTSC, so people can get an idea.

Thanks for your patience.

Ute.

Flesh.png

FleshTix.png

FleshTixPal.png

GreenTixNtsc.png

GreenTradNtsc.png

Awesome Ute ! Prox, When will be launched ??

I would like to report a bugs that the eelecrub game has, when you finish it and start the game again on the third screen, bruce passes by and all lives are lost, also when switching the game to a back with mypicodos the game does not work.

bruce.jpeg

bruce2.jpg

PD: ntsc version is needed to play it

Edited by dogdark

• 1 month later...

Don't worry, ROF will be finished.

I haven't heard from Ute in a few months, but these things happen and I'm sure he'll reappear with an almost finished version of ROF.

Worst case scenario, I'll start from the sources I have and finish it myself (last sentence will end his silence ?).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1