IGNORED

Two Bruce Lee sequels

Philsan

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Very sorry for the delay in answering. I started a side business last fall. Between that and my day job I have zero free time ?. Fantomas seems interested in finishing up so I will hand off what I have to him. 

Ute.

Edit:  I'm attaching a beta version here - It's a hard game and needs tweaking, but the infinite lives option should help. The end screens are not complete, so no complaints.

Paul, thanks for all your help and feedback! 

ROF.xex

Edited by Ute
Reasons
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Late to the party here.  In the day I could practically walk through the game but it's looking like this one won't be so easy.

A glitch I did notice (probably already been seen) - I paused for a while then when returning there was PMG noise but everything came good again when I resumed.

2 hours ago, Ely said:

Loving the fact it's finally out in beta form, but the difficulty is too much for a 50yo like me to make it enjoyable.

The difficulty mirrors the C64 game that it's derived from, and trust me the C64 one is tough as nails, getting the spike jumping right is key.

Also, there's more places you can jump onto as opposed to the original or am I mixing up Bruce Lee II on the C64. Probably... :(

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hi! I just tested it! (With cheats - I had to, it's so tough, and all the timings are off compared to what I'm used to) - I managed to complete it - I even have a video of it, since I did it on Twitch.

Anyway, it's very much playable, even if timing's "off" compared to the C64 version, but that's no big deal, it's just learning the version.

The hardest room is the "multi-floor-light" part (3rd near the end) - that's practically impossible without cheating. I recommend slowing down those floor lights a notch :)

A hint for floor lights is to keep jumping, don't run if you're not 100% sure what you're doing.

Great work! If you need the music, I'd be happy to do them in RasterTracker for you. I got all the notes :)

Here's another secret in the C64 version - don't tell anyone: If you jump far left in the first screen, you'll enter a dark room. Move to the left, then jump jup left, and you'll pick up a lamp

and get an extra life, and "DMX" will light up. Now, if you did AFTER picking up the first two lamps, you'll get another extra life when you pick them. So you can start with 6 falls! :)

But well done on the conversion!

• Like 2

Hiya DMX, glad you like the Atari version and thank you for helping so much, it's so good to have some positive C64 - Atari chatter. It's wonderful to see that, from our chat a while back, your game made it on to the Atari. Thank you and to all the guys on the Atari side that made it happen.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, Mclaneinc said:

Sorry Ute, life has become mega complicated, both medically and family wise....I wish I had had time to do the feedback, I apologise..

Thank you for trusting me to test the beta but sorry I let you down..

Nonsense Paul, you didn't let anyone down, and you gave me some advice at the time that I really needed to hear.

18 hours ago, dmx said:

Great work! If you need the music, I'd be happy to do them in RasterTracker for you. I got all the notes :)

Yes, that would be awesome.

18 hours ago, dmx said:

Here's another secret in the C64 version - don't tell anyone: If you jump far left in the first screen, you'll enter a dark room. Move to the left, then jump jup left, and you'll pick up a lamp

and get an extra life, and "DMX" will light up. Now, if you did AFTER picking up the first two lamps, you'll get another extra life when you pick them. So you can start with 6 falls! :)

I can't remember if we added an extra life or not but it's there in the A8 version too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ute said:

Nonsense Paul, you didn't let anyone down, and you gave me some advice at the time that I really needed to hear.

That's very kind of you @Ute but as I was possibly the only beta tester (initially), I didn't do a good job, especially considering how long I had it .

So glad that others got to see it.

Glad the advice helped..

Various people have been tackling this, Fantomas and Ute, from what Ute wrote it seems it's being handed over to Fantomas to 'finish it off'. As far as I know, only ROF is being done but as a Bruce Lee fan I'd love Bruce Leee II to be ported as well. Tiger Claw would also be welcome even though its a loose relation to Bruce Lee..

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Bruce Lee Return of Fury on tomorrow's (Fri Sep 10, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day!

Games:
  • Yoomp! (2008 | 8-Bit) by Marcin Żukowski @eru (Idea, Main Code, Levels, Tile Design), Łukasz "X-Ray" Sychowicz (music, sound effects, levels, tile design, testing, movies), Bartek "BeWu" Wąsiel (title and end-of-the-game, graphics, game background graphics, fonts, ball and shadow animation, website design and graphics), Piotr "0xF" Fusik (decompression routine, music playback routine, moral support)
  • 1nvader (2021 WIP | 8-Bit) by Ken Jennings @kenjennings
  • Bruce Lee Return of Fury (2021 WIP | 8-Bit) by Ute @Ute, fantômas @fantômas

(WATCH AT 60FPS FOR FULL QUALITY)

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 11:41 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Bruce Lee Return of Fury on tomorrow's (Fri Sep 10, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day!

Hi there, enjoyed the episode, wasn't expecting to get a mention, although I started the ball rolling all credit has to go to the programmers, without them this would have not past over to the Atari. All them, all I did was link them up.

You had a wee issue with my nick name, just think Die Hard. Mclane as in John McClane (yes I forgot the right spelling) and Inc as in short for incorporated. The Inc is both a call to Nakatomi Inc in the film but also because I forgot my password for my old account which was just Mclane. Not a problem for me, just explaining, I've been called MUCH worse.. :)

Laughed at the big glass of wine and accompanying bottle, to be honest, a perfect choice for Return of Fury as the hardness could drive you to drink, it won't make you play better, but it will cheer you up for landing on the spikes :)

Will be watching again..

Paul..

• Thanks 1