IGNORED

Sidney Hunter and the caverns of death

Emanuele

Question to Nanochess: is this game going to be developed also for Intellivision in the future?

No idea, J-F hasn't requested it.

Besides it borders the impossible because the overloaded graphics, scrolling zones, excess of sprites and comparatively smaller screen size.

No idea, J-F hasn't requested it.

Besides it borders the impossible because the overloaded graphics, scrolling zones, excess of sprites and comparatively smaller screen size.

Should be very possible. Sydney can be composed with 3+1(boomerang) sprites down from 6. He can be smaller size 8x16, as well as the graphics. There's not a lot of enemies on screen and all of them are single color, so you have 4 sprites available, maybe 1 would be your inventory, which could be at the corner of the screen. Enemies can be 16x8 1 card height like bats, deadly water drop of doom, non jumping form of the frog. And can be 2 height card so ghost, jumping form of the frog,and can be formed. Intellivision have scrolling capability so the scrolling section should be much easier to do on the Intellivision. Stationary lava would be tricky, but can be off screen. The aura would take advantage of your SCREEN routine. Hey someone made Castlevania for the Intellivision, nothing is impossible for the Intellivision. :D ;)

It does look good but I thought that there were too many dark screens where you needed to use your torch . Kind of took away from the great looking graphics . Hope that doesn't happen on the nes version .

...yeah, from what little I saw on a YouTube vid, those stages reminded me of VCS Haunted House. :lol: Cool effect, but I could see too much of that getting old quick.

Should be very possible. Sydney can be composed with 3+1(boomerang) sprites down from 6. He can be smaller size 8x16, as well as the graphics. There's not a lot of enemies on screen and all of them are single color, so you have 4 sprites available, maybe 1 would be your inventory, which could be at the corner of the screen. Enemies can be 16x8 1 card height like bats, deadly water drop of doom, non jumping form of the frog. And can be 2 height card so ghost, jumping form of the frog,and can be formed. Intellivision have scrolling capability so the scrolling section should be much easier to do on the Intellivision. Stationary lava would be tricky, but can be off screen. The aura would take advantage of your SCREEN routine. Hey someone made Castlevania for the Intellivision, nothing is impossible for the Intellivision. :D ;)

I've tried to make Sydney to look good in 8x16 for Sacred Tribe ;) I had to discard it because it looked too bad.

It does look good but I thought that there were too many dark screens where you needed to use your torch . Kind of took away from the great looking graphics . Hope that doesn't happen on the nes version .

The Colecovision version has two modes Easy and Hard. Easy doesn't have any dark screen, and Hard has the dark screens.

It was a good option designed by luck because first I made the game to work without dark screens and added later in development the darkening effect.

• Like 2

I've tried to make Sydney to look good in 8x16 for Sacred Tribe ;) I had to discard it because it looked too bad.

The Colecovision version has two modes Easy and Hard. Easy doesn't have any dark screen, and Hard has the dark screens.

It was a good option designed by luck because first I made the game to work without dark screens and added later in development the darkening effect.

Just a little something I noticed on the Sydney Hunter Sacred Tribe for the Colecovision that some of the boards don't have sound for when he jumps … just the music . As always , hell of a job on it !

• Like 1

Just a little something I noticed on the Sydney Hunter Sacred Tribe for the Colecovision that some of the boards don't have sound for when he jumps … just the music . As always , hell of a job on it !

I noticed it some months ago after all cartridges were sold out, the enemy sound turns off the jump sound. Woops! :grin:

Thanks!