IGNORED

Classic Gamer 74's Videos

classicgamer74

On the suggestion by one of my fellow AA posters, I am going to start posting all my new video and channel information here. If you have any suggestions, or comments about my channel, please feel free to post them here.

Today's episode is the first in a three part series where I interview legendary programmer Al Lowe. Many of you are familiar with his work as he is the creative mind behind Leisure Suit Larry, The Black Cauldron, Freddy Pharkus and many others at Sierra On Line.

https://youtu.be/-s8Ye4kcq3w

Do you have any suggestions of programmers you'd like me to interview? Or are you a programmer yourself who is interested? DM me and we'll set something up.

Edited by classicgamer74
  • Like 1

Quick observation and suggestion... the title had me thinking at first, that it was part of the Marketplace Feedback. You might want to edit the title to read something along the lines of "Classic Gamer 74's Video's", "classicgamer74's videos" or something to that effect. Will make searching easier in the future too. :)

In today's episode I discuss Death in the Caribbean, the first in my new series called "My Favorite Computer Games". This has to be one of the most frustrating computer games I've ever played. I first played it back in 1986 at my middle school computer club. None of us, not even the teacher, could beat it! Now, 30 years later, I'm showing you the secret of beating it.

What are some of your favorite computer games? Let me know and maybe it will be the subject of a later episode.

In my latest episode I discuss the most sought-after prototype Pursuit of the Pink Panther. I discuss the history behind the game, why it wasn't released, rumors surrounding why it hasn't been dumped or copied, plus game footage taken from my own Atari 2600. Have you played the game? What did you think of it? Leave your comments with the video and subscribe if you haven't already.

• Like 2

The latest episode is now up. Thanks to Atarifan88 and Mailbock for suggesting a video on Hockey games. I really had a lot of fun playing these games. I really enjoyed the Intellivision game as I'm rediscovering Intellivision.

Any suggestions for other episodes? Let me know!

The next episode will be the Al Lowe Interview (Part 1). I promise.

• Like 1

The latest episode is now up. Thanks to Atarifan88 and Mailbock for suggesting a video on Hockey games. I really had a lot of fun playing these games. I really enjoyed the Intellivision game as I'm rediscovering Intellivision.

The Intellivision was an important part of discovering the fun of video games for me. Their sports games topped Atari & Colecovision. They also made some great original games as well!

• Like 1

In the my latest episode I discuss Quest for Quintana Roo. There's going to be a trilogy of sorts of difficult Atari 2600 games. The other two are also adventure games, some of you can probably figure out what they'll be. I got this game from a friend mine back in 1989. It had no instruction book or anything. But I figured it out and beat it. It was the second game I ever played after Starmaster that utilized other parts of the console in order to play the game. Brilliant. It's a shame that Sunrise didn't make any more games, as if this was any sign of what was to come...

Did anyone have this game without the instructions? Were you able to beat it, too? Let me know. I'd like to hear your story. Or even some memories of this game. Please Like and Subscribe if you haven't already.

In the my latest episode I discuss Quest for Quintana Roo. There's going to be a trilogy of sorts of difficult Atari 2600 games. The other two are also adventure games, some of you can probably figure out what they'll be. I got this game from a friend mine back in 1989. It had no instruction book or anything. But I figured it out and beat it. It was the second game I ever played after Starmaster that utilized other parts of the console in order to play the game. Brilliant. It's a shame that Sunrise didn't make any more games, as if this was any sign of what was to come...

Did anyone have this game without the instructions? Were you able to beat it, too? Let me know. I'd like to hear your story. Or even some memories of this game. Please Like and Subscribe if you haven't already.

You forgot the most interesting part of this game:

The codes at the end of each level (18 30, 88 17 and 37 W) are actually map coordinates that point to a specific location in the Yucatan peninsula where (according to the Sunrise Software press information) the Quintano Roo Treasure Chest was buried.

It was part of a scholarship contest that was never held.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 2

Even though I received Telegames' catalogs starting in the late 80's/very early 90's, don't believe I was aware of or paid attention to Quintana Roo for the 2600. Wasn't until the mid to late 90's that I ordered a copy of it, Glacier Patrol, Gravitar and several other red label 2600 games through that unique Radio Shack catalog - which I learned later was a Telegames partnership of sorts.

Back then, can't say I really ever got into the game and felt using the console switches were too clumsy, but clever enough I guess. For couch playing, I would have rather they utilized the second joystick to switch or cycle through functions. Today, and after watching your video, I have a better appreciation for it and what they were going for - but it's still not the kind of game I want to play on the 2600.

• Like 1

Rom Hunter, I always wondered what those numbers were for. That is too cool. This game is really on another level.

Save2600, I hear what you're saying. This game is really a computer game than more of a Atari game. It can be aggravating having to flip the game select and game reset during the course of the game. It does work great on the 5200 as you are able to utilize the keypad on the joystick.

• Like 1

Rom Hunter, I always wondered what those numbers were for. That is too cool. This game is really on another level.

Save2600, I hear what you're saying. This game is really a computer game than more of a Atari game. It can be aggravating having to flip the game select and game reset during the course of the game. It does work great on the 5200 as you are able to utilize the keypad on the joystick.

I honestly never cared for the 2600 version, but after watching your video, I'll give the 5200 a try. It looks pretty good and much more suited to the keypad.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I honestly never cared for the 2600 version, but after watching your video, I'll give the 5200 a try. It looks pretty good and much more suited to the keypad.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Thank you for viewing. It is showing the capabilities of the 5200. I think the system itself is worth another glance.

• Like 1

In this episode I discuss games to help exercise your gray matter. All of these games are found on the Atari 2600. Although the games here are pretty much geared towards those of us over 40 who are working on improving our short-term memory, these games can be enjoyed by gamers of ALL ages.

Edited by classicgamer74

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing on with my series on sports games, I have finally done an episode on Basketball. There have been some great basketball games, and some...not so great. But I show all of the games from Atari 2600 to Sega Genesis. I have many great memories playing these games, especially Tecmo Basketball, which is one of my all-time favorite games, period. I can't tell you how many times I've played Season Mode and relived one of my favorite times in NBA history. And I was blessed to have been in high school when NBA Jam came out. I can't tell you how many quarters that machine got from me.

Thanks again for all the support, views, subscriptions, suggestions, criticisms, etc. I've met some cool people that wouldn't have met otherwise. Doing my channel has been a lot of fun and I plan to keep doing it, although probably less frequently.