IGNORED

Ninja Odyssey for sale starting 2/23/2019

SoulBuster

It's not a fireball, but a flame. They all launch a flame over time. Please watch this video from minute 3:43

See how the ghost launches a flame every once in a while?

You should see the same in your game.

If you are sure you don't see those flames please record a small youtube and post the link here.

Thanks!

Edited by Kai_Magazine

Thank you for your reply!

Do you remember if you did a reset to the console before you started playing again?

Also, could you play until you reach the first boss by just turning on the console and not making any reset, and see if the boss fires flames at you?

Thank you for your help, guys!

Same boss no flame issue with reset or no reset on Sears. I'm going to try original 2609 model and Intv2 now.

Jump button issue is harder, as it does not happen every time.

I can sometimes get a black line in the Soul meter a top of the screen, but its just a quick graphic glitch and does not really seem to matter at all.

I beat the game today.

You can see the black line that sometimes appears in the Soul meter, does not effect anything.

I love the third stage the black background looks so good. I does not matter if Ninja looks like he is floating sometimes (boots same color as background). I do get a shimmer effect with the Magenta surface when moving perhaps due to LCD TV, but its just so awesome looking.

post-27883-0-30607100-1551750154.jpg

post-27883-0-80217200-1551750612.jpg

I played through three rounds and never saw any boss flames. I didn't rush the boss battles either, so they likely didn't end too soon for them to trigger.

So you beat the game 2 times, saw the ending twice, and then started your third run through the game and didn't see boss with flame shot?

No, there is no need, I have a Pal console myself.

It seems clear by now that it is not console related.

We will keep you updated very soon.

Thank you very very much for your help, really!

just for my understanding: was the game tested only on LTO before the release, even if with different consoles? I mean, I wonder if the game has never been tested with an ad hoc board during the testing phase

Hi,

We have located the issue and solved it. We are just double checking everything.

The issue was that there was a small difference between the LTO and the game cart. Basically, the LTO initializes the cartridge ram by setting it to zero, but the game cart does not, so I have to do it manually.

The game carts contain random values on the cart RAM and those values make the game to have invalid variable values, causing some games to experience some issues others not, if the relevant variables contain a valid value within the range of the game.

The game was tested only on LTO during development since I live in Spain and also I can't flash the game cartridges, only Joe can.

When the game was finished it was tested on the game cart but since only some carts contain invalid values, the test checked ok.

As I said, each game cart contains random variables, so some can experience small issues, others will not.

The most common issue we have seen causes the bosses not to fire flames, making the game easier.

Naber Hood games has halted the sales until everything is double and triple checked.

Elektronite will post how to handle any necessary returns shortly.

Sorry about this, guys!

And thank you for your patience.

Edited by Kai_Magazine

So you beat the game 2 times, saw the ending twice, and then started your third run through the game and didn't see boss with flame shot?

I played through 9 bosses in one session.

I was actually going to compare the rom on LTO to the cart version last night on several systems, but stopped when I saw that you'd already tested enough for Kai to conclude that the game must be the issue.

I'm just glad that the it has been definitively narrowed and that it's just the cart, so I can play without issues on the LTO. It was already one of the most fun Intellivision games to play.

I played through 9 bosses in one session.

I was actually going to compare the rom on LTO to the cart version last night on several systems, but stopped when I saw that you'd already tested enough for Kai to conclude that the game must be the issue.

I'm just glad that the it has been definitively narrowed and that it's just the cart, so I can play without issues on the LTO. It was already one of the most fun Intellivision games to play.

Getting past 3-1 on third pass is an issue for me. I'll try again, but is it rather difficult.

3-2, 3-3, 3-4 are much easier.

So you finished the game 3 times in a row, and each time is harder than the previous one!

Sir, you are definitively better than me at this game ^_^!

I am very happy that you guys like it enough as to play it so much!

The first round was tough, but then it felt natural after that. I was using a Sega Genesis pad though. I didn't really notice the increase in soul depletion, so it's possible that it was off as well.

Wonderboy is one of my favorite games and the ways that Ninja Odyssey is distinct from it really compliments the base of Thio's Odyssey.

I'm hoping to free up an hour or two this weekend to record a play through of at least three rounds.