Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, skylinesandsunsets said:

 

At the time of writing I was only thinking about the boot up sequence, but it would be cool to see both :thumbsup:

 


Yep!  I'm looking forward to showing people the UI.  We really love it and it's pretty unique.

 

Coming soon.

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Wow, Tommy, you would think people have better things to do in their lives.


Unfortunately they don't. 

 

Instead, they love feeding my ego. 

 

It's kind cool having obsessed online stalkers. 

 

It means I'm important.

:D🤣:D🤣

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

When Dragon Fire releases on Amico, there can be a live action commercial for it.  In the commercial, Tommy would be seen running across the bridge dodging fireballs.  Then he would enter the room with all the treasure trying to avoid the dragon.  


Been there... done that.

 

In my boxers no less!

 

:)

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

FYI Check you Intellivision Entertainment emails (sub if you aren't https://www.intellivisionamico.com/subscribe) for a 20% off merch code.


Yeah!  And you'll notice that one of the new shirts is the double sided Cloudy Mountain created by the amazing @CurlyQ which first debuted right here is this thread!!

Pretty cool to know that this place has become a hotbed for cool ideas.

 

Now if I can only get @Intellivision Master to keep his game requests down to 5 a week instead of 5 a day!

 

😜😇🥰

  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Imagine an "app" where you could load in music from a USB and Amico would do an on screen video show as well as light show on the console & controllers (and you could use the controllers to interact or change the visuals.

 

Wouldn't That Be Something?

Another reason to be excited for Amico!!!! While I missed the FE due to having a busy week... And it they were sold out in how long? Hours.  I am order number 18xx of the VIP. My xbox360 just died it's last death. I'll get another one just for the visualizer! Loved the one on the jag and Nuon.  I never got a Jag CD, but a friend had one. It was trippy to play. The Xbox360 perfected it.   I would love to see the same team , Llamasoft, work on the Amico one.  I can imagine what he/they could do with the lights on the console and the visuals. 

 

It's exciting to hear about "apps" on the Amico. That makes me wonder if it could ever be used as a media center. Would Plex ever be considered for the Amico?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, woobman said:

Another reason to be excited for Amico!!!! While I missed the FE due to having a busy week... And it they were sold out in how long? Hours.  I am order number 18xx of the VIP. My xbox360 just died it's last death. I'll get another one just for the visualizer! Loved the one on the jag and Nuon.  I never got a Jag CD, but a friend had one. It was trippy to play. The Xbox360 perfected it.   I would love to see the same team , Llamasoft, work on the Amico one.  I can imagine what he/they could do with the lights on the console and the visuals. 

 

It's exciting to hear about "apps" on the Amico. That makes me wonder if it could ever be used as a media center. Would Plex ever be considered for the Amico?

As soon as Tommy mentioned that I thought about Jeff Minter and Llamasoft.  Tripatron (and I think Colourspace) was a great light/music synth for it's time on the 8bit micros.  Would be cool to see something like it on Amico with all those LED's dancing along :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I got myself another T-Shirt from the IE shop.  I chose the one with just the Running Man on it in true royal.  It's a nice shade of blue.  I saw the Cloudy Mountain shirt but skipped it for now.  I may get it later on when another discount comes along.  I only buy when there's a discount because I like saving money whenever possible.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy,

 

Will other shipping methods be offered in the IE shop at some point?  For now it only shows the flat rate of $7.00.  For those who ordered the FE & VIP in the U.S., do you know how much the shipping cost will be?  I know it costs more when shipping outside of the country due to import taxes and fees.  I ordered the FE and live in the U.S., I'm just curious on what the shipping cost is.  It's probably too early to tell, so I understand if you don't have an answer right now.  Hopefully you will closer to launch.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, nysavant said:

As soon as Tommy mentioned that I thought about Jeff Minter and Llamasoft.  Tripatron (and I think Colourspace) was a great light/music synth for it's time on the 8bit micros.  Would be cool to see something like it on Amico with all those LED's dancing along :)

Tommy 

 

Please, Please, Please get Llamasoft (Jeff Minter) to do some games on Amico, maybe we will see “The eyes of Allard” again. 🤣👍😀

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silverbot said:

Tommy 

 

Please, Please, Please get Llamasoft (Jeff Minter) to do some games on Amico, maybe we will see “The eyes of Allard” again. 🤣👍😀

Could you imagine a version of Tempest by Jeff using the Amico controller?  Or a new version of Mutant Camels. How about four player Hovver Bovver?

 

Wouldn't that be something?  😊

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nysavant said:

Could you imagine a version of Tempest by Jeff using the Amico controller?  Or a new version of Mutant Camels. How about four player Hovver Bovver?

 

Wouldn't that be something?  😊

All of that would definitely be something ! 👍😀

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Is it really that many in a day?  LOL.  I don't keep track.  Sometimes I don't have any game requests for a day.  I know I should do less but I get carried away.  LOL. 


It's actually MORE.  I was being nice.

 

🤣🥰😋

 

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

 

Will other shipping methods be offered in the IE shop at some point?  For now it only shows the flat rate of $7.00. 

 

Not sure.  I'd have to pass you on to our Customer Experience folks for that.

 

 

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

For those who ordered the FE & VIP in the U.S., do you know how much the shipping cost will be?  I know it costs more when shipping outside of the country due to import taxes and fees.  I ordered the FE and live in the U.S., I'm just curious on what the shipping cost is.  It's probably too early to tell, so I understand if you don't have an answer right now.  Hopefully you will closer to launch.


I'm not sure.  Our logistics folks handle that stuff.  The company is so big now that I don't know all the answers anymore.

:)

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, nysavant said:

Could you imagine a version of Tempest by Jeff using the Amico controller?  Or a new version of Mutant Camels. How about four player Hovver Bovver?

 

Wouldn't that be something?  😊


It sure would be!!

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did everyone see this?

Pretty funny huh?

I don't think you can see it in this pic, but everything is set to 1 except Charisma.  It's 42.

🌎🐬📗

 

 

reb.png.a35ca44d388a56c8ea67f69246c6321a.png

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

Not sure.  I'd have to pass you on to our Customer Experience folks for that.

 

 


I'm not sure.  Our logistics folks handle that stuff.  The company is so big now that I don't know all the answers anymore.

:)

 

 

Okay, that's fine.  I guess I'll find out once it comes time to pay the remainder of the FE.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Imagine an "app" where you could load in music from a USB and Amico would do an on screen video show as well as light show on the console & controllers (and you could use the controllers to interact or change the visuals.

 

Wouldn't That Be Something?

 

:)

 

 

I’m assuming that the majority of folks will be hooking their Amicos up via a receiver.   Will Amico allow you to upload music to play during gameplay?  In the intv days, stereos and tv’s were typically totally separate, not so much today...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our team has been updating parts of the website and replacing some of the old images.

Talking about lights, etc.... 

 

Here's a new one that I thought you all might enjoy.

 

render_amicoWhite_3quarter_LowAngle_LEDs_2020_11_19.thumb.png.89c18da8b473d1f5c7aba1fcc80f20bd.png

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Starpaddler said:

I’m assuming that the majority of folks will be hooking their Amicos up via a receiver.   Will Amico allow you to upload music to play during gameplay?  In the intv days, stereos and tv’s were typically totally separate, not so much today...


Not during gameplay or to replace the game music.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Our team has been updating parts of the website and replacing some of the old images.

Talking about lights, etc.... 

 

Here's a new one that I thought you all might enjoy.

 

render_amicoWhite_3quarter_LowAngle_LEDs_2020_11_19.thumb.png.89c18da8b473d1f5c7aba1fcc80f20bd.png

Nice! Can’t wait to see the final design of the vintage woodgrain beside OG INTV!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


There are a few problems with this kind of thing in our eco-system.  Adding online multi-player in video games easily more than doubles the time it takes to make the game and the budget to do so.  Our games would easily go to $20 each instead of $10.  That's a HUGE difference for the market we are intending to focus on.

You also need a LOT of data passed back and forth over servers.  Which means there is a cost associated to that.  That is why big companies are all now charging a monthly fee to play online games.  And those guys can afford to do that and keep it lower because of bulk.  Something we do NOT have (yet!).

 

So $20 minimum for games and $20 per month to play them is not something we are interested in accomplishing with Amico.  All the others are doing similar things... we're trying to be unique and different and we find that for the people who are interested in Amico... they love how we are approaching it.

A few other quick points.  I read ahead and saw Jeff's post about being together.  Nothing can or ever will substitute that.  Also... (and this is VERY IMPORTANT) online gaming tends to form a toxic environment of immature strangers screaming at each other and bullying people.  Completely breaks our TRUST proposition.

So while I understand that folks would potentially like to have this kind of play... for the people we are focusing on... they do not.

 

Hope that helps you understand where we're coming from.  I appreciate your dialog.

 

 

What about peer to peer wheres its direct connection between users  with them.being their own server.  Pretty much like old school direct ip connection games.  This could work via ip or maybe a facebook.or other type of messanger plug in as an added option in addition to direct ip.   This way  its future proof so once intellivision moves on to several generations of consoles or  lets hope not but  just say it fails....worst case scenerio (hopes only success)   .  Maybe even allow ability for users to create private servers even.   This way even if you guys have official servers if for any reason those go down  we can still play games.    

 

I still play sega saturn netlink games to this day.  @Tommy Tallarico

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...