Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, atarifan88 said:

I think he is saying it could be Astrosmash or Frog Bog as the pack in game.  He's just not telling you which one. 😉

Absolutely. But probably he bet a 5$ on Astrosmash as the pack in game. Anyway, that will be my bet ! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I have just discovered several Intellivision commercials within 1981-83 comic books... Some of them are awesome, let me know if you want me to post them here.

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Tommy being generous lately by giving a game away and more information, maybe he will end up being the "Oprah" of video games: "You get one. You get one.  You get one.  Well, you all get one!" 😂 Just kidding!

 

Seriously though, my Dad and I played hockey all the time.  It would be fun to be able to play with four people at the same time!  I spoke to the wife and showed her the new website.  She was like "what's that?"  I told her that was the new Intellivision system I was talking about that is coming out in a year.  To engage her more in the situation, I asked her which color scheme she liked best since it will be going in our living room.  She liked the black & blue one the best because it looks modern.  That was the one I picked out because it reminds me of Tron!  So glad we agree on something! 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LePionnier said:

Absolutely. But probably he bet a 5$ on Astrosmash as the pack in game. Anyway, that will be my bet ! :)

New Astrosmash and Skiing have already been revealed as pack-ins.

4 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Hey guys, I have just discovered several Intellivision commercials within 1981-83 comic books... Some of them are awesome, let me know if you want me to post them here.

I'd like to see them but post them in a new thread.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

With Tommy being generous lately by giving a game away and more information, maybe he will end up being the "Oprah" of video games: "You get one. You get one.  You get one.  Well, you all get one!" 😂 Just kidding!

 

Seriously though, my Dad and I played hockey all the time.  It would be fun to be able to play with four people at the same time!  I spoke to the wife and showed her the new website.  She was like "what's that?"  I told her that was the new Intellivision system I was talking about that is coming out in a year.  To engage her more in the situation, I asked her which color scheme she liked best since it will be going in our living room.  She liked the black & blue one the best because it looks modern.  That was the one I picked out because it reminds me of Tron!  So glad we agree on something! 😁

Well Tommy today's my birthday  a free game would be amazing . waves from the bayou ( I'll even take a new bayou billy lol ) when I was a kid my dad bought me an intellivision on my birth day with he-man astrosmash , b-17 bomber ,  football,   And night stalker.The intellivision and nes were the only consoles he ever played with me , I had an atari 2600 but he wasn't a fan of joystiq . ( He did like wiisports on Wii though) . 

 

My dad went through most of his life thinking he had a learning disability and couldn't read or write, extremely intelligent guy though. Watched him learn to take a car apart ,draw a full diagram of the vehicle , figure what was wrong on his own  and rebuild car.  He was way smarter than he knew at that time , even though embarrassed he was never allowed to go to school after 1st grade.  Inspired me that I could do anything even if im told that I have limitations.  He's like the amico as a human. :) But gaming wasn't fun with overly complicated controllers he liked pick up and play arcade action.  Oh and pinball. That's my second love  as well :)

 

 

 

 

 

Wishes Apon a star that Tommy spreads some luck this far.   Lol I kid Tommy ,I don't have such luck.   Maybe you will surprise me on this birthday with news on a game from my later childhood.... One of my fave snes genesis era horror games,  Zombies at my neighbor's but with 4-8 players ...... :)

Edited by Nolagamer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr_me said:

New Astrosmash and Skiing have already been revealed as pack-ins. 

Thank you, I missed that ! :(

Hope Burger time is another one, but probably not.

Same thing for Moon Patrol. I think 90% of the first buyers will buy it anyway, so it will be a mistake to make it a pack-in game.

Lock 'n' chase was one of my favorite, and I think at the time it was included with my Intellivision II (Did not have Burger time).

Could be a good choice for a pack-in game. (Not only because I like it...  lol)

 

Tommy. Did we saw all 5 games in the August trailer ? And are those 5 games are final choice or it could be changed in future months ?

 

 

 

 

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, GrudgeQ said:

You have seen my amazing guessing abilities so far, but now that we know what the board is I would assume it provides the rainbow color effect you see going on in the background of a lot of Tommy interviews without having to hook up the actual console to a TV, boot it up, select some sort of demo mode and so on. Way too messy when you need to give a conference talk like Insomnia Dubai and want to show the box but not necessarily game play from the box (I have done lot of talks and I setup EVERYTHING to be as fool proof as possible). Also if you read a couple of pages back Tommy is going on investor visits on this trip too and I guarantee they want to see a working console like was shown at E3.

You’re on fire, GQ!  Were you one of those guys at E3 who tried to peek over the wall of our room with their phone cameras on selfie-sticks?

 

Our E3 prototype Amicos have fully functional LEDs. But they did need to be temporarily connected to a computer via USB to send color codes from a command line that choose the LED color, brightness, or pattern once the consoles boot.  I did that each morning at E3.

 

We also had one that was essentially just the shell with LED array and the Arduino controlled and cycled through various color patterns - one of them being the rainbow sequence effect.  The prototypes could also run that effect, but for the most part, during E3 the prototypes just stayed on ‘Amico Blue’.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LePionnier said:

Thank you, I missed that ! :(

Hope Burger time is another one, but probably not.

 

In an earlier post I made regarding BurgerTime and Bump 'N' Jump, Tommy indicated they were pushing to have them at launch, but it was more likely they would be early post-release titles. Also, just a hunch, but probably unlikely licensed properties would be pack-ins.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

Well, at least NOW I understand why you hate Math Fun so much!!   :)

Here is my promise to you!  (and I'm being serious)...   When the new HOCKEY comes out... I'm totally sending you a code to download Hockey for free!!  It will make up for 40 years of childhood disappointment. 

 

I'm like Santa Claus up in this bitch.  :D

 

You don't have to do that, but thank you very much. 😊

 

Quote

Is your sister still alive?  If so... you will once be Frog Bogging with her!  Imagine that!!!  How cool would that be?  And maybe if you both have kids... they'll be joining in a playing with you as well!

 

Oh yeah, she's around, a grown mother, playing on snapchat with the obnoxious voice changes. She's got 2 kids. Pages ago you were suggesting my niece pay Math Fun, she's hers. But now, we live as far apart as we can get and still stay within the CONUS. Her in Central WA, & Me in Tampa FL.

I'm buying her one for Xmas 2020. She hasn't decided on a color yet.

Edited by Blarneo
Adding my sister answer.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, squirrelgotdead said:

In an earlier post I made regarding BurgerTime and Bump 'N' Jump, Tommy indicated they were pushing to have them at launch, but it was more likely they would be early post-release titles. Also, just a hunch, but probably unlikely licensed properties would be pack-ins.

I'm curious, is Data East still in business? Who owns their games nowadays? It seems Sega, Irem & Bandai/Namco was happy to license out their classics, here's hoping Data East will be just as happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to wikipedia, data east is no more and most of their video game properties belongs to G-mode.  However they have been maintaining bumpnjump under the name burnin' rubber; hopefully that gets sorted out.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of connecting the dots a little bit: A little over a year (March 2017) before Tommy re-booted with Intellivision Entertainment, AtGames announced they would be releasing their Intellivision Flashback 2 in 2018, which was going to include the Data East library (or at least a notable selection from the library), which I suspect was ultimately never released in part because the Intellivision Entertainment thing was already in motion and took over. (Link to another AtariAge thread about the Flashback 2 announcement)

 

Edited by squirrelgotdead
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 4:05 PM, mr_me said:

The Intellivision was number two in it's era.  Games at the time were limited by cartridge size; 4k to start and some 16k cartridges starting in 1983.  Today, Intellivision homebrews are pushing 400k.  Computers with floppies at that time didn't have that limitation; if only the Keyboard Component had come out.  Seriously, Mattel was already working on the Intellivision's replacement in 1982, it was the only way it could have competed. 

 

Regarding piracy; nobody knows what the impact piracy has on sales.  The best selling video games are sometimes the most pirated.  Steam makes tons of money despite piracy.

impact of piracy has been always overestimated

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the best and most up-to-date podcasts and interviews about Intellivision Amico!  Definitely don't want to miss this one.  At least 2 or 3 "exclusives" slip out.  Whoopsie!   :)  I've decided that I'm just not that great at keeping secrets. :D

 

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/e/c/e/ecefeecb2fc3e4b5/RA_211.mp3?c_id=55127714&cs_id=55127714&expiration=1571271870&hwt=bd4f61e32ee69e9953cb568de67d6ef1

IMG_20191016_144622.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Hey guys, I have just discovered several Intellivision commercials within 1981-83 comic books... Some of them are awesome, let me know if you want me to post them here.

 

HELL YES!!!!!!!   Would love to see them!!  Wait til you see what I'm doing with the "manual" for the console.

;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 9:04 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:


Cool.  Please send us some YouTube trailer or gameplay links.

Make sure to send an e-mail to [email protected] 

My team has put a process in place for folks looking to potentially develop for our system.

 

Thanks!

Got Rejected.

 

But good luck on your future endeavors. 

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LePionnier said:

Thank you, I missed that ! :(

Hope Burger time is another one, but probably not.

Same thing for Moon Patrol. I think 90% of the first buyers will buy it anyway, so it will be a mistake to make it a pack-in game.

Lock 'n' chase was one of my favorite, and I think at the time it was included with my Intellivision II (Did not have Burger time).

Could be a good choice for a pack-in game. (Not only because I like it...  lol)

 

Tommy. Did we saw all 5 games in the August trailer ? And are those 5 games are final choice or it could be changed in future months ?

 

 

 

 


No.  You did not see all 5 pack-ins in the trailer.  Only 3.  4 of the pack-ins are Intellivision owned properties that folks will be familiar with.  1 is completely brand new and uses the motion controls.  We are hoping it will be like Wii Bowling was for the Wii (but it's not bowling).   :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nurmix said:

You’re on fire, GQ!  Were you one of those guys at E3 who tried to peek over the wall of our room with their phone cameras on selfie-sticks?

 

Our E3 prototype Amicos have fully functional LEDs. But they did need to be temporarily connected to a computer via USB to send color codes from a command line that choose the LED color, brightness, or pattern once the consoles boot.  I did that each morning at E3.

 

We also had one that was essentially just the shell with LED array and the Arduino controlled and cycled through various color patterns - one of them being the rainbow sequence effect.  The prototypes could also run that effect, but for the most part, during E3 the prototypes just stayed on ‘Amico Blue’.

 


Took me & Paul a long time in the office to cycle through and get the exact number sequence for that color!

:)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, squirrelgotdead said:

In an earlier post I made regarding BurgerTime and Bump 'N' Jump, Tommy indicated they were pushing to have them at launch, but it was more likely they would be early post-release titles. Also, just a hunch, but probably unlikely licensed properties would be pack-ins.


Correct.  No sense in a licensed property for a pack-in.  Means we would need to pay a royalty on every hardware unit sold.  No need to do that when we have so many amazing legacy titles to pick from.  :)

Trying to get Burgertime and Bump & Jump for launch.  If not... definitely by Christmas 2020 I would think.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blarneo said:

I'm curious, is Data East still in business? Who owns their games nowadays? It seems Sega, Irem & Bandai/Namco was happy to license out their classics, here's hoping Data East will be just as happy.


A company in Japan called G-MODE Corporation.  You can Google them.


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr_me said:

According to wikipedia, data east is no more and most of their video game properties belongs to G-mode.  However they have been maintaining bumpnjump under the name burnin' rubber; hopefully that gets sorted out.

 

Yes.  I sorted it out.  :)

That was the Japanese name of the game.  I'm able to call the new one by its original U.S. "Bump 'N Jump" name!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squirrelgotdead said:

Kind of connecting the dots a little bit: A little over a year (March 2017) before Tommy re-booted with Intellivision Entertainment, AtGames announced they would be releasing their Intellivision Flashback 2 in 2018, which was going to include the Data East library (or at least a notable selection from the library), which I suspect was ultimately never released in part because the Intellivision Entertainment thing was already in motion and took over. (Link to another AtariAge thread about the Flashback 2 announcement)

 



One of the first things I did when I took over was to squash that deal (that they never officially had).  I found them to be an untrustworthy company that wasn't concerned with quality and who did NOT have the rights to do a Flashback 2 and who took advantage of Keith Robinson.   We were also involved in another dispute with them and Atari which very much ended up in our favor.  :D  

 

Can't wait to write a book and spill the behind-the-scenes info on a LOT of stuff once Intellivision & Amico become huge hits.  :)

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


 

Can't wait to write a book and spill the behind-the-scenes info on a LOT of stuff once Intellivision & Amico become huge hits.  :)

 

Really looking forward to it ! Don't stop taking notes ! :)  And put them in a safe ! :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...