Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


I'm trying to recall the last time I've heard anyway use the expression "darn tooting!"

1970's western movie?

 

🥰🤠😇

I think Yosemite Sam was the last time I heard that...

Yosemite Sam - Wikipedia

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know if anybody remembers the Konix Multi System that never came out, I think the idea of it was ahead of its time. I would love to see something like that on Amico, love the way you can make it into different types of controls. This video is so 80s, does make me chuckle. 👍😀

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Don’t know if anybody remembers the Konix Multi System that never came out, I think the idea of it was ahead of its time. I would love to see something like that on Amico, love the way you can make it into different types of controls. This video is so 80s, does make me chuckle. 👍😀

 

 

Loved the idea of the Multi System since I first saw it previewed in ACE magazine.  That's the first time I've seen that particular video though :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

 

See... I made an off the cuff post about @OEB_Pete doing puppet shows using his socks on weeks he was not doing an Amico show and see what happens... Cyrus gets to it 1st and will become a rich rich rich man!

I posted this last week.

Don't smirk.. just do... and great things will happen. No idea is a bad one.  hahahahaha

TJ

 

Edited by AtariSociety
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if y'all remember this. But I think Tommy did say that there was going to be an article about the Amico in the AARP magazines for December, January. Has anyone seen it or what happened to that ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

Interesting stuff

 

If you want to calculate other items use the handy-dandy Inflation Calculator.

 

Inflation adjusted US-Console Launch Prices in July 2020

 

video-game-console-prices-adjusted-for-inflation-2021-USD.thumb.png.4b879d5c5f72a36c742492b0a3ce83ed.png

Behold the glory of the Neo Geo AES. At least the AES Gold System got you a second controller and a pack-in game! It would suck if you got Magician Lord since that's only single player! Still, it wasn't a bad deal if you consider that it was probably the single most powerful arcade machine in the entire world when it was released, and I do believe it's more powerful than even stuff like the X68000, which cost about $3000. Not bad for $650.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Don’t know if anybody remembers the Konix Multi System that never came out, I think the idea of it was ahead of its time. I would love to see something like that on Amico, love the way you can make it into different types of controls. This video is so 80s, does make me chuckle. 👍😀

 

 



You can never have too many sampled orchestra hits and cheap drum machines in 80's music!

:)

 

The idea of a controller that does multiple things "all-in-one" is definitely something we've been talking about and designing on paper.  I think it's a fantastic idea. 

 

Would need a lot of games that could utilize it to make it feasible... so probably an idea like this would be 3 or 4 years down the road.

Thanks for posting that video!  I had never seen that before!  We have a similar type of "all-in-one" controller in the office... I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but it did a lot of the same things... but just as a controller.  Will need to get the name of it next time I'm in the office and post it here.

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

Interesting stuff

 

If you want to calculate other items use the handy-dandy Inflation Calculator.

 

video-game-console-prices-adjusted-for-inflation-2021-USD.thumb.png.4b879d5c5f72a36c742492b0a3ce83ed.png

 

More stats and further reading - Inflation adjusted US-Console Launch Prices in July 2020

 

 

Here's somethingn else to ponder...

 

The original Intellivision was launched in 1979 for $299 and one game.

Over 40 years later... the new Intellivision is launching at $249 with 6 games!

 

:)

 

 

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

Here's somethingn else to ponder...

 

The original Intellivision was launched in 1979 for $299 and one game.

Over 40 years later... the new Intellivision is launching at $249 with 6 games!

 

:)

 

 

Imagine that.  And for $50 less than the original console, you get 6 games.  Of course the FE is $300 but you get extra goodies to make it worth the higher cost.  Plus having the $50 RFID gift card included with the FE is really awesome.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AtariSociety is this your plan once you visit intellivision  headquarters so they can come up with the next big hit??  

@Tommy Tallarico will be like "but why does the villian have to be a vegetable??? Veggies are good for you, our market research shows parents want kids to eat more vegetables......( " gas " takes effect)

 

Whoaaa i just thought of something....imagine evil broccoli  characters......those kids will kill those bastards then go to the fridge and eat all the broccoli  in house so broccoli  don't  eat them.......wouldnt that be something guys??? " 

 

 

John alvarado (playing with mustache )   "Tommy, what if he had a sweet mustache??"

 

@Tommy Tallarico. "The kid??"

 

John " nooooo man, the evil broccoli "

 

@Tommy Tallarico. "Thats stupid......wait...yaaaaaa.  "wouldnt that be something"  "

 

John "why did you quote yourself?"

 

 

@Tommy Tallarico. "Yeahhhhhhhhhh" (laughs while wearing a spiderman mask)

 

John (looks in mirror  at his mustache  eating frozen broccoli)

 

 

 

Intellivision  " hello amicos, we have an announcement.  Coming summer 2022 spiderman and friends vs the killer broccoli  from SPACE" 

 

Spiderman " thats a sweet stash"

Edited by Nolagamer
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nolagamer said:

@AtariSociety is this your plan once you visit intellivision  headquarters so they can come up with the next big hit??  

 

Hell's Yes!  

Rainbow has been notified and he has some "Allergy Meds" ready for the troops at Intellivision to try.

LOL.

Great things a coming... Great Things!!!

TJ

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Interesting stuff

 

If you want to calculate other items use the handy-dandy Inflation Calculator.

 

video-game-console-prices-adjusted-for-inflation-2021-USD.thumb.png.4b879d5c5f72a36c742492b0a3ce83ed.png

 

More stats and further reading - Inflation adjusted US-Console Launch Prices in July 2020

 

Really good information kinda shows which one's were more of a bargain, a little over priced, and reasons why some succeeded while other failed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're missing the jewel in the crown: The magnificent CD-i, initially priced around $1,000 in 1991 (equivalent to $1,877 today).

 

Interestingly and sadly enough, I have never touched a NES, Master System or Saturn, but I distinctively remember trying a CD-i in a computer shop with my dad.

 

How many consoles have you tried from each row? Here's my chart: 0-1-2-3-2-0

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:



You can never have too many sampled orchestra hits and cheap drum machines in 80's music!

:)

 

The idea of a controller that does multiple things "all-in-one" is definitely something we've been talking about and designing on paper.  I think it's a fantastic idea. 

 

Would need a lot of games that could utilize it to make it feasible... so probably an idea like this would be 3 or 4 years down the road.

Thanks for posting that video!  I had never seen that before!  We have a similar type of "all-in-one" controller in the office... I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but it did a lot of the same things... but just as a controller.  Will need to get the name of it next time I'm in the office and post it here.

 

 

I actually saw this in action at a game show in London back in 1989. Jeff Minter was there playing a version of Attack of the mutant camels on it, the chair was moving all over the place. 👍😀

 

 

Edited by Silverbot
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...