Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

On 2/3/2021 at 7:22 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:
Finnigan Fox footage! Freakin' fatastic! 💖 🦊
 
A quick behind the scenes sneak peak at one of our upcoming launch titles.
 

Tommy, you need to have an easter egg in this game where if you input the secret code and you get to the checkpoint you can hear you say "Badger" like you did at the 2:58 mark of this video.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a little question. Who owns the rights to a video game?

The publisher, or whoever designed the game?

 

I ask the question because I found a game that could be really very interesting for Amico after some modifications.

It's a single player game, but it could be so exciting in local multiplayer !

 

Thank you.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LePionnier said:

I have a little question. Who owns the rights to a video game?

The publisher, or whoever designed the game?

 

I ask the question because I found a game that could be really very interesting for Amico after some modifications.

It's a single player game, but it could be so exciting in local multiplayer !

 

Thank you.

That is a very complex question with varying answers. Some factors:

 

- Game is based on a popular entertainment license, so the ultimate owner of the IP is the rights holder. So, even if you make a game on their IP, it probably is not a forever contract, and can get pulled, thus shutting the game down. 

- Game has a publisher. The publisher owns the rights to publish the game. Depending on whether the publisher is paying a studio to make the game, making it with an in-house dev team, whatever, that means the publisher is probably calling the shots. 

- Game has a developer. Developer can sometimes have an exclusive right to develop the game. 

 

So depends a lot on structure of the organization and the title in particular. In general terms a developer makes a game and gets a publisher to distribute it. Sometimes a developer can get a new publisher, sometimes a publisher can get a new developer, sometimes the IP holder can pull the plug. 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

 

I noticed he mentioned the amount of hearts in the game, I wouldn’t mind betting that is the max amount you can have, and it’s only like that for the demo, and when the game comes out you start with 3 and work your way up. 👍😀

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

I noticed he mentioned the amount of hearts in the game, I wouldn’t mind betting that is the max amount you can have, and it’s only like that for the demo, and when the game comes out you start with 3 and work your way up. 👍😀

I think you are right. In the original game you get 5 hearts to start and have to buy the remaining slots, which is quite the money pit. Since the heart shop is still there I am pretty sure that is remaining. Also the original game comes with Easy, Normal and Hard modes and I doubt if that is going away too.

 

image.thumb.png.647972df20812424ee08d657baf1725f.png

 

image.thumb.png.836a8e4daaa782a64b75440e12829e15.png

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy,

 

I was wondering if you might show us screen shots or video of how the Amico game shop will look.  Will the Amico game shop be laid out by category?  Such as with the 5 categories: Board games, Edutainment, Original IP, Retro re-imagined & Sports with a game list under each?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

I think you are right. In the original game you get 5 hearts to start and have to buy the remaining slots, which is quite the money pit. Since the heart shop is still there I am pretty sure that is remaining. Also the original game comes with Easy, Normal and Hard modes and I doubt if that is going away too.

 

image.thumb.png.647972df20812424ee08d657baf1725f.png

 

image.thumb.png.836a8e4daaa782a64b75440e12829e15.png

 

 

Ah, well spotted, thought it would be like that, I’ve not played the original version .👍😀

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Ah, well spotted, thought it would be like that, I’ve not played the original version .👍😀

I played it some, it is pretty tough and I wasn't a huge fan of the controls. The game itself is good, it is definitely one that just needs a little polish and I am hoping that exactly what is happening on the Amico version. Just re-installed it out of my Steam library so going to give it another whirl and see if my original impression still hold.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2021 at 8:48 PM, skylinesandsunsets said:

One of my favorite aspects of the original Intellivision "Cloudy Mountain" game is the distant scary sounds.  You can't see the monster (yet) but you could definitely hear him roaring or hissing!  That's what I'm hoping will be carried over to the rebooted Amico version.

If the Amico version has those scary elements, won't that place the game in the E10 category? After all, we all know how scared children can get.

 

I used to get my 6 year old nephew playing Doom with all the lights turned off. He was so frightened opening the doors because he could hear the enemies snarling on the other side. :-o The poor kid was scared shitless!

 

southpark-cartman-i-just-peed-my-pants.gif.83c2a67e514032fe79088de7ee8c1937.gif

 

Yes, I am a cruel Uncle but it was truly one of the funniest sights to behold. Muahahahaaa! :evil:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

 

I used to get my 6 year old nephew to play Doom with all the lights off. He was so frightened opening the doors because he could hear the enemies snarling on the other side. :-o The poor kid was scared shitless!

 

southpark-cartman-i-just-peed-my-pants.gif.83c2a67e514032fe79088de7ee8c1937.gif

 

Yes, I am a cruel Uncle but it was truly one of the funniest sights to behold. Muahahahaaa! :evil:

 

Pictures or it didn't happen. :lol:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Amico but Intellivision related:

Join the Intelliclub at the Intellivision Revolution website.

Free admission gets a club card,downloadable roms and exclusive Intellivision game offers.

Cant beat the price!😊👍

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JasperAK said:

Pictures or it didn't happen. :lol:

I wish there were pictures, if it was video I'm sure it would have gone viral. We both still laugh about it today but he said the experience gave him a slew of really bad sweaty nightmares.

 

spongebob-squarepants-scared-to-sleep.gif.88f38d9b6c6ddbb781e4c95047f728f2.gif

 

Back in the day, the first horror movie I ever saw was Carrie on a Sony Betamax. I too had nightmares for weeks afterwards. This is the kind of stuff you get to watch when your Dad plays babysitter on Saturday nights. lol :lol:

 

We also played a lot of Intellivision! :cool::thumbsup:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's quiet here ... So I have to show you this !

I laughed a lot ! :)

 

This is one of the most anticipated games for me on Amico ! 😀👍

  • Like 5
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A rare glimpse of the Intellivision Running Man training at his home gym. He always keeps in tip-top condition.

 

intellivision-running-man-treadmill-TAB.thumb.gif.74017147c0f98852db6c0874bf2fd5a2.gif

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

A rare glimpse of the Intellivision Running Man training at his home gym. He always keeps in tip-top condition.

 

intellivision-running-man-treadmill.thumb.gif.d27ed923374110443d1fda4d555d0feb.gif

Yup...that's a much better representation of what the old Running Man is to our lives now.  Hahaha... It'll be the "Walker Man" before we know it.  😂🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Tommy Tallarico

 

I submitted my Joystick (well now it's called a "fight stick" but it's also a "schmup stick" a "maze stick" a "2d platformer stick" and a "general retro and neoclassical control) design to Hori USA.  The submissions manager said my design is brilliant, and it would sell for all systems in America, but there's zero chance the main Japanese headquarters would allow it's release, even locally in America.

 

The design I submitted, as well as the story of how it improved not only my, but 4 other common friends' performances back in the day against a friend who later became a 2-time national Cable TV Video game contestant in the zeros.

 

Based on the name of the stick, in the tradition of Wicked Controllers and Evil Controllers, it's that much of a performance enhancer, except instead of using circuity considered anywhere from  tournament questionable to online achievement illegal, is legal. thought many in the Fighting game community would say they are http://SinisterSticks.com

 

But all Sinister means is "left handed" in Latin.  

 

 

 

The Golden Rule #2 says whoever has the gold makes the rules.  In Pre-crash arcades, quite a few games in both many  arcades and 5 of the 8 systems available in 1983 were ambidexterous.

 

With Japanese companies dominating arcade and home consoles, they forced quite a few Americans to either change hands or suffer with performance loss or risking  violating warrantees.

 

You know there has been no systek-authorized off-the-shelf right handed or Ambidexterous stick made since the Beeshu Genesis Gizmo.

 

Look up my name (tripletopper)  on http://Shoryuken.com .  I am the obvious salmon swimming upstream.

 

I don't know whether Hori CHOOSES left stick only, or if that's what Nintendo and Sony (and to a lesser degree Microsoft) only allow.

 

If it's the second, offer to be the testing ground for Sinister Sticks mass produced by Hori. Maybe you'll get a cut of those sticks for "the other guys", and how many Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series players would like a rightie fightie?

 

If it's the first, hopefully someone without Japanese Joystick Jingoism will stand up.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

Hello @Tommy Tallarico

 

I submitted my Joystick (well now it's called a "fight stick" but it's also a "schmup stick" a "maze stick" a "2d platformer stick" and a "general retro and neoclassical control) design to Hori USA.  The submissions manager said my design is brilliant, and it would sell for all systems in America, but there's zero chance the main Japanese headquarters would allow it's release, even locally in America.

 

The design I submitted, as well as the story of how it improved not only my, but 4 other common friends' performances back in the day against a friend who later became a 2-time national Cable TV Video game contestant in the zeros.

 

Based on the name of the stick, in the tradition of Wicked Controllers and Evil Controllers, it's that much of a performance enhancer, except instead of using circuity considered anywhere from  tournament questionable to online achievement illegal, is legal. thought many in the Fighting game community would say they are http://SinisterSticks.com

 

But all Sinister means is "left handed" in Latin.  

 

 

 

The Golden Rule #2 says whoever has the gold makes the rules.  In Pre-crash arcades, quite a few games in both many  arcades and 5 of the 8 systems available in 1983 were ambidexterous.

 

With Japanese companies dominating arcade and home consoles, they forced quite a few Americans to either change hands or suffer with performance loss or risking  violating warrantees.

 

You know there has been no systek-authorized off-the-shelf right handed or Ambidexterous stick made since the Beeshu Genesis Gizmo.

 

Look up my name (tripletopper)  on http://Shoryuken.com .  I am the obvious salmon swimming upstream.

 

I don't know whether Hori CHOOSES left stick only, or if that's what Nintendo and Sony (and to a lesser degree Microsoft) only allow.

 

If it's the second, offer to be the testing ground for Sinister Sticks mass produced by Hori. Maybe you'll get a cut of those sticks for "the other guys", and how many Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series players would like a rightie fightie?

 

If it's the first, hopefully someone without Japanese Joystick Jingoism will stand up.

 

 

 

If they’re not 64 way in directionality and analog in distance from center with a visual touch screen they would be a poor choice for an official controller. You would also need a second analog stick to substitute for motion controls. You’ve got a nail and calling everything a hammer. The Amico is not a hammer for your nail. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tripletopper At what point did you get to the conclusion that the Amico could use an arcade fighting stick?

 

There's not even a single fighting game or beat'em up scheduled for the platform...

 

Seriously, I'm curious: where exactly did you get the idea that this system would allow for digital controls in one single game?

 

As swami pointed out, you can't even play the original Intellivision games with those sticks.

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...