Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

19 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

OEB Pete Burgundy becomes the very first Intellivision Amico News Anchorman. However, his debut didn't go as well as planned. When the cameras went live he froze like a deer in headlights. :-o :lol:

funny stuff, but things are about to get really weird.. the line between whats real and whats not is about to get really blurred soon

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bouchard said:

Just an idea, do you think a game such as Angry Birds would work on the Amico? I’d also like to see Bowling, Darts, Crazy 8s and other card games. 

Personally I would like to see some sort of physics based puzzler but designed for the ground up for multiplayer. Love Angry Birds but not sure how you would make that multiplayer (they have an Angry Birds Go that is multiplayer but I think it is a kart game). Thumbs up on bowling & darts too. Also as far as pretty much any card game - yeck yes, bring it on. I think the Amico is a natural for almost all of them.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

Personally I would like to see some sort of physics based puzzler but designed for the ground up for multiplayer. Love Angry Birds but not sure how you would make that multiplayer (they have an Angry Birds Go that is multiplayer but I think it is a kart game). 

How about split-screen, that's the usual way we did it on older consoles before online play...
I think 2-4 player split-screen would work really well for an Angry Birds type game... 
and each player could also see their own progress, any power-ups, etc. on their mini-screen. 🙂
Also I'd like a version where instead of button mashing, you could just shake the controller! :-D 
Finally a version where you could do something like on the Wii, and blow onto the controller Mic.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

Personally I would like to see some sort of physics based puzzler but designed for the ground up for multiplayer. Love Angry Birds but not sure how you would make that multiplayer (they have an Angry Birds Go that is multiplayer but I think it is a kart game). Thumbs up on bowling & darts too. Also as far as pretty much any card game - yeck yes, bring it on. I think the Amico is a natural for almost all of them.

There was a PSP game that was a blast to play. Not sure how many people remember - Mercury and Mercury Meltdown. I think this sort of game would go quite well on the Amico..

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, woobman said:

There was a PSP game that was a blast to play. Not sure how many people remember - Mercury and Mercury Meltdown. I think this sort of game would go quite well on the Amico..

Looks like a fun game that could work well.

• Like 5

I am one of the biggest supporters with 2 FE on order as well as checking everyday for new information about the Amico. That being said, I do have a few concerns creeping up. There are some valid concerns mostly regarding the gameplay on the Finnigan Fox demo video. I think Tommy needs to address those concerns if he hasn’t already. Also, of all of the games that have been shown on previous videos , this is the one that interests me the least. To me, all of the other games that I have seen so far are looking super fun to play with the family with coop, vs etc and compete for high scores. This one is about the only one that does not fit somehow with their whole multiplayer , couch coop philosophy. This is not an exciting game in my opinion and looks rather bland, and to show it before so many others that they could shown that would show off the system , controllers etc better seems strange. Is it just me ? 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I am one of the biggest supporters with 2 FE on order as well as checking everyday for new information about the Amico. That being said, I do have a few concerns creeping up. There are some valid concerns mostly regarding the gameplay on the Finnigan Fox demo video. I think Tommy needs to address those concerns if he hasn’t already. Also, of all of the games that have been shown on previous videos , this is the one that interests me the least. To me, all of the other games that I have seen so far are looking super fun to play with the family with coop, vs etc and compete for high scores. This one is about the only one that does not fit somehow with their whole multiplayer , couch coop philosophy. This is not an exciting game in my opinion and looks rather bland, and to show it before so many others that they could shown that would show off the system , controllers etc better seems strange. Is it just me ? 

I am not as excited about Finnigan Fox over, say Cloudy Mountain or Evel Knieval, but that is mostly because I am not a huge platformer puzzler fan. However I know a lot of people are and also the original game is fun to play and I doubt those fun elements are going away. In fact I am assuming they will fix the slightly wonky controls and overly high difficulty level which was the biggest downfall of the original. The season mechanics is what make this one really unique and add a lot to the play factor. Often a game's 'funness' (not really a word) is hard to quantify. Some of my favorite games sound boring as death if you just describe them or even show a clip (I am thinking of Slay the Spire, for example). So do I think Finnigan Fox will be my favorite Amico game? No probably not, but I bet it will be for some people, especially those who liked but couldn't quite love the original due to some clunkiness. I am kinda in that camp and may well buy the physical when it comes out because it is a game I wanted to be better than it was - but still have a soft spot for, if that makes any sense. So long story short, yeah not all Amico games are going to grab you if that was the only launch title I would be worried, but with 35 I will just move on to Astrosmash or something if it doesn't hold my attention.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

More like hilarious! 🤣

yes, like creepy cringe hilarious! 🤣

Edit: But I think that's all the rage with the kids, clicks and views etc.

Edited by gwald
Edit: But I think that's all the rage with the kids, clicks and views etc.
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

Nice space!

Can’t wait to see it in person when my wife claims her Moon Patrol Prize, after I’m recovered (COVID).

The F-20 has an interesting history...

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 8

On 2/7/2021 at 8:21 PM, Starpaddler said:

Graphic must be from one of the harder levels given the size of those mountains.  🤪

For those that may have noticed, I haven't been here since the end of December as I came down pretty hard with COVID.  Had high fever at home for 10 days before needing to be hospitalized for nearly 3 weeks. Finally back at home 😁 and on my way to recovery. 

Getting stronger every day, but I’m told I will likely be closer to being in the 3 months camp, then the 6 weeks camp estimated for recovery (seems like there may be 2 trajectories for those knocked down like me)

My wife and son caught this as well, all of us on the same day.  My son was down 2 days and bounced back immediately, my wife was sick for about 2 weeks and is still fatigued from time to time but is generally doing well.  She was fortunate to avoid the hospital. 

Happy to finally be back here and need to catch up on posts (over 30 pages worth)

Stay safe all and take it from me; make that plan A, cause plan B sucks. 

One thing I did learn - My understanding was you head to the ER if you have issues breathing, which for me didn’t happen until day 10; but because I had been infected for so long before going in, they almost didn’t give me the anti-virals that I believe ended up saving my life (some of the docs felt it was too late to provide benefit). As such, my recommendation is to ensure you are SEEN for any symptoms lasting longer then 5 days to ensure you make the window I nearly missed.  

I know this has already been commented on, but I feel the need to say God bless you man. I'm sorry to hear that you went through that, but I'm happy to hear you're doing so much better than you were. 

My wife and I were diagnosed with Covid at the beginning of this month; It's awful. I seriously can't state enough how bad this thing is. I went to the hospital for dehydration and my wife has been twice due to her asthma. Thankfully we are going strong, but it hasn't been easy.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but how about a glow-in-the-dark color for the Amico?

Inspired by this prototype 360 controller with glow-in-the-dark shell:

• Like 5

The video where Tommy shows the new building is inverted and Tommy is aware, according to the description.

@Tommy Tallarico What happened? Did you do it on purpose to hide some of the signs, label and menus?

If it wasn't intended, maybe you can upload a corrected version so we can actually feel what it's like to be in your building instead of a mirror version of it, as if it was a racing game secret track or something.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, woobman said:

That was originally a 2007 Wii game, and on Wii uses motion controls and it's colourful.
It would be a good match with the Amico controllers.

It was similar to Super Monkey Ball which came out on the Gamecube, then Wii.
I'm not sure if such 3D games would be wanted on the Amico which aims at 2D. ???

• Like 7