Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

Very in depth article/interview with @VGC_News which is "one of the world's fastest-growing and most reputable gaming news sites".

Tough questions
, but very cool to see some of the bigger gaming press starting to take interest.
 
It was a really fair interview that touched on a number of interesting subjects not typically covered.
 
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

The Amico better have a light gun 

nes-zapper.jpg


Light guns don't work on new TV's anymore.  There are different and new ways to do it.  But putting a gun in kids hands in the 21st century with everything going on in the world... would probably not be considered family family.
Especially for our target audience.

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Light guns don't work on new TV's anymore.  There are different and new ways to do it.  But putting a gun in kids hands in the 21st century with everything going on in the world... would probably not be considered family family.
Especially for our target audience.

 

 

That makes sense. Would still like to see games such as a version of Duck Hunt and how about a 1st person version of Night Stalker? I realize those probably will not happen but I can dream.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bouchard said:

That makes sense. Would still like to see games such as a version of Duck Hunt and how about a 1st person version of Night Stalker? I realize those probably will not happen but I can dream.

I second this.  A version of Duck Hunt on Amico would be great.  Also, having a FPS for Night Stalker would be awesome.  It's Treasure of Tarmin but with robots. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tommy, here is a odd question for you. If I get a white Amico, over time, will it go yellow like my Dreamcast and SNES? 😀

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tommy, I did ask this a while back but I don’t think you saw it... will you be making a plastic cover to go over the controllers when they are sat on the machine, to keep the dust off, and also to fill the void when the controllers are being used? Thanks 👍😀

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a prediction of what I see according to different articles and interviews since the beginning of the year.

Night Stalker will be completed, but not available at launch. It will be made available for November, and will be the first game at $11.99 with more levels expected than initially !

So everyone will have 1 month to play all games available at launch, and everyone will be looking forward to the release of Night Stalker and it will be a great success.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Light guns don't work on new TV's anymore.  There are different and new ways to do it.  But putting a gun in kids hands in the 21st century with everything going on in the world... would probably not be considered family family.
Especially for our target audience.

 

 

I agree.

 

We literally just had a kid get arrested at our HS Friday for an incident which ended in him threatening the school with a mass casualty event.  

 

Stick with the fun family stuff and simple retro games.  It'll be refreshing to see this.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LePionnier said:

Here is a prediction of what I see according to different articles and interviews since the beginning of the year.

Night Stalker will be completed, but not available at launch. It will be made available for November, and will be the first game at $11.99 with more levels expected than initially !

So everyone will have 1 month to play all games available at launch, and everyone will be looking forward to the release of Night Stalker and it will be a great success.

 

I think it’s way too soon to price any games above $9.99 considering the under $10 price point that gets mentioned over and over, but a November launch makes sense. That would not go well with the “trust and value” that is being talked about consistently. Maybe after 6-12 months we might see some higher priced games. Just my opinion 😎

 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cranker said:

I think it’s way too soon to price any games above $9.99 considering the under $10 price point that gets mentioned over and over, but a November launch makes sense. That doesn’t go well with the “trust and value” they is being mentioned consistently. Maybe after 6-12 months we might see some higher priced games. Just my opinion 😎

I understand. But I am guessing that because of this line : " All of our digital games are $9.99 or less at launch, ..." from this artice ! ;) https://www.cbr.com/interview-tommy-tallarico-intellivision-amico-classic-gaming/
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I understand but still too soon I think 🤔 

You are probably right !

Here is another quote from the second article.

“No, we just do Breakout 2,” he says. “I mean, that’s the great thing about our pricing, right? You know, as of this interview we’re doing now, all releases will be $9.99 or less on digital, and that’s gonna be on launch.

“And the reason I say is that I want to leave ourselves room so that, like, if Earthworm Jim 4 comes out, that might be a $14.99 digital title. We don’t want to limit ourselves to a certain budget just because ‘oh, well, all of our games are $9.99 or less’, that’s not the important thing...

 

And why I am talking about Night Stalker as the first game to be more than $9.99, it's because recently on youtube Tommy mentioned this possibility ! ( I don't remember in which one but I could try to find it )

Do you prefer 30 levels of Night Stalker, or 40 levels for $2 more while they have the time to add more with the launch date postponed by one yeat (total).

No DLC, so lets have 10 more levels right from the start, instead of having 2 years to wait for Night Stalker 2 ( Yes eventually we will have a follow up anyway ! lol ).

And don't forget, retro players are the only one knowing the 10 rules right now. When advertising will begin, they will say most of the games will be $9.99 with only rare exceptions !

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
Very in depth article/interview with @VGC_News which is "one of the world's fastest-growing and most reputable gaming news sites".

Tough questions
, but very cool to see some of the bigger gaming press starting to take interest.
 
It was a really fair interview that touched on a number of interesting subjects not typically covered.
 

 

21 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Here's a really cool article and interview on one of the biggest comic book websites in the world!

How Tommy Tallarico & Intellivision Amico Are Taking Gaming Back to Its Roots

 

Great articles Tommy.

Thank you !

I can't wait this moment when our Amico will be on all lips around the world ! 😃

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LePionnier said:

You are probably right !

Here is another quote from the second article.

“No, we just do Breakout 2,” he says. “I mean, that’s the great thing about our pricing, right? You know, as of this interview we’re doing now, all releases will be $9.99 or less on digital, and that’s gonna be on launch.

“And the reason I say is that I want to leave ourselves room so that, like, if Earthworm Jim 4 comes out, that might be a $14.99 digital title. We don’t want to limit ourselves to a certain budget just because ‘oh, well, all of our games are $9.99 or less’, that’s not the important thing...

 

And why I am talking about Night Stalker as the first game to be more than $9.99, it's because recently on youtube Tommy mentioned this possibility ! ( I don't remember in which one but I could try to find it )

Do you prefer 30 levels of Night Stalker, or 40 levels for $2 more while they have the time to add more with the launch date postponed by one yeat (total).

No DLC, so lets have 10 more levels right from the start, instead of having 2 years to wait for Night Stalker 2 ( Yes eventually we will have a follow up anyway ! lol ).

And don't forget, retro players are the only one knowing the 10 rules right now. When advertising will begin, they will say most of the games will be $9.99 with only rare exceptions !

You never know but I still think the first “batch” of games as in the first 30-40 games will stick to that 9.99 max price point. The higher priced games will likely take more time to develop. That being said , I have no problem with whatever price the games are. I just want them 😜

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I think it’s way too soon to price any games above $9.99 considering the under $10 price point that gets mentioned over and over, but a November launch makes sense. That would not go well with the “trust and value” that is being talked about consistently. Maybe after 6-12 months we might see some higher priced games. Just my opinion 😎

 

For me, $9.99 or $14.99 for a game makes little difference if the game is fun and engaging, but I do agree with Cranker that games over $9.99 be held for at least 6 months after the console launch, and believe Tommy and IE needs to keep hitting on the game price “at launch” qualifier.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Hi Tommy, here is a odd question for you. If I get a white Amico, over time, will it go yellow like my Dreamcast and SNES? 😀

It will if its abs plastic, in which most consumer electronic cases are made of abs plastic

Edited by nightmonkeyii
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nightmonkeyii said:

It will if its abs plastic, in which most consumer electronic cases are made of abs plastic

Keep it away from fluorescent lighting, that in itself will help keep your white plastics looking white for longer. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Here is a fun and quick time lapse video of the final stages of putting together (by hand) one of our Intellivision Amico development kits! 

 

 

It's amazing the level of effort and detail that you go to just to scam people. :lol:

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Hi Tommy, I did ask this a while back but I don’t think you saw it... will you be making a plastic cover to go over the controllers when they are sat on the machine, to keep the dust off, and also to fill the void when the controllers are being used? Thanks 👍😀

I would like to see something like this as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Hi Tommy, here is a odd question for you. If I get a white Amico, over time, will it go yellow like my Dreamcast and SNES? 😀


I would imagine it would depend on how it is taken care of and what kind of lighting is being put on the console itself.

I have an Intellivision II and an original Odyssey which are perfectly white like the day they came out of the box.  So it's a tough question to answer.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Hi Tommy, I did ask this a while back but I don’t think you saw it... will you be making a plastic cover to go over the controllers when they are sat on the machine, to keep the dust off, and also to fill the void when the controllers are being used? Thanks 👍😀


Something similar coming.  More news later.

:)

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Something similar coming.  More news later.

:)

 

Cool! Thanks for answering 😀👍🇬🇧

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 3:01 AM, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-devkit-assembly.thumb.png.dff72cf94bceb969aa2d53e06ae07a74.png

That's brilliant work. It definitely should have been the official released one!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...