Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question for everyone here!

We are going to be adding some classic Intellivision box art to the merch store.

Question 1:  Without licensed stuff, which box art would you like to see?  Definitely want the art to look cool.
Right now I have on my list:

 

Night Stalker
Astrosmash
Shark! Shark!
SNAFU
Star Strike
Utopia

What else?  (keep in mind... no licenses stuff.  That includes stuff like Tron, D&D, Burgertime, Imagic, Pitfall, etc.)
 
Question 2:  Would you want the size of the art to be the exact size of the box?  (approximately 8 inches long)
Or... would you prefer a bigger style like this:

1e5881b7e6f4278c9371b53f6c57636adf994504e05ce6aec97ece265ba1e39e.thumb.jpg.21f3c29aa3e4f82d041121d5aaa79b43.jpg
 
 
Please let me know your thoughts.
 
Thanks!!
 
 

The larger picture looks awesome, would definitely get some of them, I think everyone else has covered the games I’d like to see. Are you still shipping to the uk? As I know a lot of companies have stopped due to the new customs restrictions.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question for everyone here!

We are going to be adding some classic Intellivision box art to the merch store.

Question 1:  Without licensed stuff, which box art would you like to see?  Definitely want the art to look cool.
Right now I have on my list:

 

Night Stalker
Astrosmash
Shark! Shark!
SNAFU
Star Strike
Utopia

What else?  (keep in mind... no licenses stuff.  That includes stuff like Tron, D&D, Burgertime, Imagic, Pitfall, etc.)
 
Question 2:  Would you want the size of the art to be the exact size of the box?  (approximately 8 inches long)
Or... would you prefer a bigger style like this:

1e5881b7e6f4278c9371b53f6c57636adf994504e05ce6aec97ece265ba1e39e.thumb.jpg.21f3c29aa3e4f82d041121d5aaa79b43.jpg
 
 
Please let me know your thoughts.
 
Thanks!!
 
 

Smaller image for me and make it Utopia. One of the best from the original 125. 🌏

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question for everyone here!

We are going to be adding some classic Intellivision box art to the merch store.

Question 1:  Without licensed stuff, which box art would you like to see?  Definitely want the art to look cool.
Right now I have on my list:

 

Night Stalker
Astrosmash
Shark! Shark!
SNAFU
Star Strike
Utopia

What else?  (keep in mind... no licenses stuff.  That includes stuff like Tron, D&D, Burgertime, Imagic, Pitfall, etc.)
 
Question 2:  Would you want the size of the art to be the exact size of the box?  (approximately 8 inches long)
Or... would you prefer a bigger style like this:

1e5881b7e6f4278c9371b53f6c57636adf994504e05ce6aec97ece265ba1e39e.thumb.jpg.21f3c29aa3e4f82d041121d5aaa79b43.jpg
 
 
Please let me know your thoughts.
 
Thanks!!
 
 

I like the large box art on the shirts.  Keep that same blue color, but add this to it and it's an instant buy for me!  EDIT: The more I look at that Astrosmash shirt, I think I like it more than Star Strike.  So now I'm in for two shirts.  Darn you Tommy! 😄

 

image.thumb.png.449b90ffcda350e07c80a1a126511a75.png

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a great Amico Bros. episode (2nd one) and I loved the addition of @RetroAdvisoryBoard!  Female gamer (I personally hate that term) Saggy also showed up to spice things up.

This is a new weekly live stream/podcast that happens every Wednesday.  The show is a little more Rated R, so if you're looking for more of a family vibe, Amico All Access is still the way to go.

I really enjoy them both.  Although it could be said that I may be a bit biased considering the subject matter.   :)

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Urlu Berlu said:

may I add a suggestion: Some of the inlay art would also look really good on a t-shirt. Auto racing, Tennis, Skiing and Beauty and the Beast are some of the best inlay art Intellivision have had.


Great idea!  We could probably do a design that has like 4 rows of inlays!  Maybe like around 20 total!

OK FOLKS!!!   Next question:

What are your FAVORITE looking inlays!!  Staring the list with the 2 @Urlu Berlu mentioned (Beauty & the Beast was IMAGIC and we don't have merch rights for them just yet).

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Question for everyone here!

We are going to be adding some classic Intellivision box art to the merch store.

Question 1:  Without licensed stuff, which box art would you like to see?  Definitely want the art to look cool.
Right now I have on my list:

 

Night Stalker
Astrosmash
Shark! Shark!
SNAFU
Star Strike
Utopia

What else?  (keep in mind... no licenses stuff.  That includes stuff like Tron, D&D, Burgertime, Imagic, Pitfall, etc.)
 
Question 2:  Would you want the size of the art to be the exact size of the box?  (approximately 8 inches long)
Or... would you prefer a bigger style like this:

1e5881b7e6f4278c9371b53f6c57636adf994504e05ce6aec97ece265ba1e39e.thumb.jpg.21f3c29aa3e4f82d041121d5aaa79b43.jpg
 
 
Please let me know your thoughts.
 
Thanks!!
 
 

First off.. I like the idea of Box art...  I could even see, eventually, both sets of box art. The original and the newly re imagined ones.

As for size. I actually like having the original size box art.  But I will not turn away from the large versions.

 

Everyone has given some great ideas. So put me down for all the space games!

I'd like to see the intellivoice games be represented, But I'm not sure how much I want a word bubble pointing down that states "It talks"... 

Would you consider Hover Force? It's a later title, but I do like the cover.

Buzz Bombers had a nice colorful cover.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, woobman said:

I'd like to see the intellivoice games be represented, But I'm not sure how much I want a word bubble pointing down that states "It talks"... 

 


🤣🏆

Yeah... Buzz Bombers & Hover Force definitely have some unique art.  I'll add them to the "potential" list.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tommy, not sure if you know this, but on intellivision.com if you scroll down a bit there is an animation of someone taking a controller off the console, but it is an older version of the Amico and controller. It might confuse some people.😀

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

What are your FAVORITE looking inlays!!

Is there a site that we could easily see what they look like so we could choose those we like ! 😃

Also, don't forget to put them in the Topps cards sets ! :)

We can easily have a 100 cards set, with inlays, Curly's console, Original and New Box Art, particular characters (The new one in Shark Shark (Puffy if I remember his name)), Items like Guns from Night Stalker, Spaceships (Moon Patrol, Astrosmash) etc. etc.

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silverbot said:

Hi Tommy, not sure if you know this, but on intellivision.com if you scroll down a bit there is an animation of someone taking a controller off the console, but it is an older version of the Amico and controller. It might confuse some people.😀

Good Eye !
Yeah it's where it's writen "Wireless Automatic Charging".

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Cool article about Couch Co-Op on that big comic book site that did the story on Amico last week.  Mentions Amico.

https://www.cbr.com/co-op-games-comeback/

I think Amico has the perfect games for that.

Games on the other console, as of me, are for a solo Experience.

I don't have enough hard core gamers friend to play this kind of game in couch co-op !

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For box art shirt designs, I would suggest Triple Action and perhaps Thunder Castle? (D&D is once again cool!)

For inlay art designs, perhaps B-17 Bomber and Baseball?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Great idea!  We could probably do a design that has like 4 rows of inlays!  Maybe like around 20 total!

OK FOLKS!!!   Next question:

What are your FAVORITE looking inlays!!  Staring the list with the 2 @Urlu Berlu mentioned (Beauty & the Beast was IMAGIC and we don't have merch rights for them just yet).

 

 

Again. All the space Overlays..   Bomb Squad. Obviously want some of the licensed games ones.. Never forget Frog Bog!

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the tee subject, I think if it's larger it looks better. As far as game box art:

 

Pinball

Space Armada

Beamrider (I wish)

NHL Hockey (is this allowed?)

 

I have this shirt below, I like the size of the box art. 

Screenshot_20210318-211225.png

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

CurlyQ can do it.

That's true but I was also talking like as a poster or as something I can buy 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PeterPepper said:

That's true but I was also talking like as a poster or as something I can buy 

Oh okay.  I'd like a poster too.  Maybe there can be retro re-imagined posters as well.  That would be awesome.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...