Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

Have you gotten the compliance results?  I know that was a huge step and am hoping it went well for you.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 3:40 AM, Intellivision Master said:

This is a neat little game.  It could be on Amico.

Scrambled Eggs seems to be the same game but done by Technos.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy, do you think the Amico controller would be able to play a game like Forgotten World. Using one side like a D pad and the other for rotating? 😀👍

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Tommy, do you think the Amico controller would be able to play a game like Forgotten World. Using one side like a D pad and the other for rotating? 😀👍

 

 

Wouldn't that be something? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Scrambled Eggs seems to be the same game but done by Technos.

 

 

They were going to make a sequel called Bacon 🥓 but that never happened.  Lol.  Just kidding.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screw loose by Mylstar. Been playing this on my arcade cabinet, could be a fun game on Amico. 😀👍

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sexy silver boxes and unique games/gameplay, Imagic had some surefire hits back in the day!

 

White Water, Truckin' and Microsurgeon are some underrated classics.

 

Demon Attack, Dragonfire and Atlantis are missing from this video. Any others?

 


Kudos to the visionaries with opportunity in their eyes. Without their insights we would have nothing.

 

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tommy,

 

do do you already know when the complete lineup of launch titles will be officially announced? Will you announce them more likely step by step or all at once?

 

About how many additional games will you release after launch until the end of 2021?

 

BTW: Great licensing news, a fun basketball game would be very enjoyable for me (with baseball being not my cup of tea). Hopefully soccer will also see a release soon after launch...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Curly Q,

 

I liked that Imagic documentary you posted.  It was really interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  By the way, I noticed it said part 1 of 2.  I couldn't find part 2 of the video.  But a month ago they uploaded the full documentary on their YT channel.  So, I watched the rest of it.  I hope we get Atlantis on Amico.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Hey Curly Q,

 

I liked that Imagic documentary you posted.  It was really interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  By the way, I noticed it said part 1 of 2.  I couldn't find part 2 of the video.  But a month ago they uploaded the full documentary on their YT channel.  So, I watched the rest of it.  I hope we get Atlantis on Amico.  

It was, and the guy who uploaded that upload many other old Intellivision videos.
Search here - https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottithGames/videos

I think this is the complete video, rather than parts 1 and 2.
"Imagic documentary - The Making of Atlantis"
 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, justclaws said:

I think this is the complete video, rather than parts 1 and 2.
"Imagic documentary - The Making of Atlantis"

Ah, yes ... "All In The Game", which was produced out of KQED (the public TV station in San Francisco) for the PBS series "Enterprise," hosted by Eric Sevareid.  It's been discussed on AtariAge many times before, including one thread in which the producer/director stopped by to answer some questions; see here and here.  (In the second link, I provided him with a brief overview of what happened at Imagic after the events in the film.)  I wish that there had been more documentaries like it!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FUN FACT: Almost 6 months after their release date, the PS5 only has 2 exclusive games (Astro's Playroom and Demon's Souls) and the Xbox Series X has a total of 0 (I made a thread about this in the Modern Consoles section to discuss this topic).

 

In contrast, 15 exclusive games were released for the original Playstation in the same period and the Amico will enjoy 15 pure exclusives at launch (without even counting games available for other platforms ported to the system with added modes or games released in the 6 months following the release date).

 

I'm pretty sure certain podcasts, forum users and Youtube star commentators will start stalking Sony and Microsoft CEOs online about this, right? Right?

 

Wrong. ;)

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, because making games like Gran Turismo or Gears Of War is totally comparable to ACL Cornhole and Astrosmash remake. Smh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

FUN FACT: Almost 6 months after their release date, the PS5 only has 2 exclusive games (Astro's Playroom and Demon's Souls) and the Xbox Series X has a total of 0 (I made a thread about this in the Modern Consoles section to discuss this topic).

 

In contrast, 15 exclusive games were released for the original Playstation in the same period and the Amico will enjoy 15 pure exclusives at launch (without even counting games available for other platforms ported to the system with added modes or games released in the 6 months following the release date).

 

I'm pretty sure certain podcasts, forum users and Youtube star commentators will start stalking Sony and Microsoft CEOs online about this, right? Right?

 

Wrong. ;)

Actually this is about the same number of exclusives the PS4 had at launch. There were 22 total games when it launched. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nightmonkeyii said:

Astro bot is a psvr exclusive, and was designed from the ground up as a psvr title (which i have), and is better than astro playroom (which i have played) so in my opinion, they have just converted a vr game to flat, nothing new here. Exclusive as in being a ps only title. Yes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Another arcade shooter for the Amico.

 

This looks cool ! I would love to see your list of underated arcade games from 1980-1983 time frame ! Nice find 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swami said:

Typo in the details: "A brand family gaming console"

Can you post an image of the advert, out of interest?
Gamestop block access to to their site from Europe and the VPNs I've tried.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justclaws said:

Can you post an image of the advert, out of interest?
Gamestop block access to to their site from Europe and the VPNs I've tried.

image.thumb.png.6e1b539afbd6a08555457ca125bd4a8b.png

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...