Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, MantaNZ said:

Gah, was going so well. Was aiming for 10k. Lol.

Screenshot_2019-12-07-16-47-34-979_com.Intellivision.Amico.ARTShirt1.jpg

Next to that rock is a power up which gives you shooting abilities in all directions.  I found out if you shoot the rock then run over the power up, you get this instantly!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new moon patrol:  I loved it but yeah man, that's so short it goes beyond a tease!   I like polish and little details and If I noticed right, I think the earth rotates which is a nice little touch.  Yeah, the logo is fine as is, well done

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new Moon Patrol!  Wish the demo wasn't so short though.  I love that it has the original music in the game, but the big question is will it stay in the final version?  I hope it does, but something tells me they will be redoing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a fun demo... yes it's short but it's a marketing tool.  We all know Moon Patrol and this is just a taste of what to expect... it's meant to leave you wanting more.  I like the powerup too.  Looks like a fun title that is expected for launch.  This just gets me excited.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say this for the demo.  I'm very happy to see that the pendulum swung in the direction of Intellivision.  I would hate to be sitting here looking at such an amazing demo of a new Atari VCS game thinking why didn't this happen for the Intellivision??? 

 

Really looking forward to seeing what all the new versions of our old games are going to look like.  If this is a small clue as to how detail orientated they will be, the new versions will be amazing.

 

The Demo looks 'cared for', meaning someone really thought this through and gave special personal attention to the little details like wheels, sounds, visuals and all that.  It's not some crappy, cheap mobile game made for bigger screens.  Great job!

 

Tommy and the whole team is really putting this beloved name back on the map, and most likely how it looks... on the top of the Cloudy Mountain!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just my ears deceiving me or at the very beginning of the demo level do you hear the sound of a quarter dropping into the machine/an acceptance tone?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JasperAK said:

same here. clicked on the link in this thread, not in my google play store. closest i get is amico connect by scheduit

 

Edit: Holy crap do I suck at this game. Just like Moon Patrol from days of yore. Love it.


Yeah... no idea why it isn't showing up in SEARCH on the Google Play Store.  How ridiculous.  We are looking into it.

Google Stadia conspiracy theories anyone???   :D
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JeffVav said:

I've been curious about this one. Other Ocean and the current Digital Eclipse are the same company. (For those not in the loop, it's like saying Disney and Touchstone.) What's the story behind that? A combo of reimaginings and original content from their teams?


Yes.  Something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loafer said:

new moon patrol:  I loved it but yeah man, that's so short it goes beyond a tease!   I like polish and little details and If I noticed right, I think the earth rotates which is a nice little touch.  Yeah, the logo is fine as is, well done


Correct!  Had to make sure all the planets rotate slightly.  Will be lots of movement in the starfield as well.  Graphically... this is only about 60% complete!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

I love the new Moon Patrol!  Wish the demo wasn't so short though.  I love that it has the original music in the game, but the big question is will it stay in the final version?  I hope it does, but something tells me they will be redoing it.


Of course!  I am definitely using some of the original bits (and sounds) in the re-imagined version!  Including the start and finish (which you hear in the demo).  Not changing them at all!! 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Yeah... no idea why it isn't showing up in SEARCH on the Google Play Store.  How ridiculous.  We are looking into it.

Google Stadia conspiracy theories anyone???   :D
 

Look at what Apple suggests when I search. Food Network? Guy Fieri? 😒

IMG_6493.jpeg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King_Salamon said:

What a fun demo... yes it's short but it's a marketing tool.  We all know Moon Patrol and this is just a taste of what to expect... it's meant to leave you wanting more.  I like the powerup too.  Looks like a fun title that is expected for launch.  This just gets me excited.


Thanks!!  So glad you enjoyed it!  A lot more to come!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I will say this for the demo.  I'm very happy to see that the pendulum swung in the direction of Intellivision.  I would hate to be sitting here looking at such an amazing demo of a new Atari VCS game thinking why didn't this happen for the Intellivision??? 

 

Really looking forward to seeing what all the new versions of our old games are going to look like.  If this is a small clue as to how detail orientated they will be, the new versions will be amazing.

 

The Demo looks 'cared for', meaning someone really thought this through and gave special personal attention to the little details like wheels, sounds, visuals and all that.  It's not some crappy, cheap mobile game made for bigger screens.  Great job!

 

Tommy and the whole team is really putting this beloved name back on the map, and most likely how it looks... on the top of the Cloudy Mountain!


Thanks!  Appreciate the kind words.  YES!!  I can guarantee that every detail of every game will be taken care of like this one.  And wait til you see the new Cloudy Mountain!!  OH MY!!!!!   Same familiar style gameplay... but with incredible updated reimagined graphics and effects!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

Is it just my ears deceiving me or at the very beginning of the demo level do you hear the sound of a quarter dropping into the machine/an acceptance tone?


A little something like that!  :)   I mixed a few other things in there as well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blarneo said:

Look at what Apple suggests when I search. Food Network? Guy Fieri? 😒

IMG_6493.jpeg


Sheesh!!  No wonder indie developers are so upset that their awesome products never get any attention.

Luckily a good number of the most talented ones are starting projects with us!   :)

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried the app on Google and really liked the Moon Patrol demo.  If this is an indication of the quality we can expect on the Amico then I'm all in :)

Love the little retro touches with the sound effects!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Yeah... no idea why it isn't showing up in SEARCH on the Google Play Store.  How ridiculous.  We are looking into it.

Google Stadia conspiracy theories anyone???   :D
 

 

Not sure what this means or if it's helpful, but typing this in search brings it up-  pub:Intellivision Amico

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

Next to that rock is a power up which gives you shooting abilities in all directions.  I found out if you shoot the rock then run over the power up, you get this instantly!

Yeah that’s what I was going for. I didn’t slow in time to shoot the rock. Haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:


We thought about it... but then found out it's not an easy process.  Which goes against our entire creed of SIMPLE.

 

:)

 

 

Apollo Creed will visit whoever goes against the process of SIMPLE

dd2f887e173a327554714381d7e657d1.thumb.jpg.8c8d7cd8cbb9c1e846ac017ebe9d9821.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nysavant said:

Just tried the app on Google and really liked the Moon Patrol demo.  If this is an indication of the quality we can expect on the Amico then I'm all in :)

Love the little retro touches with the sound effects!


This demo is only a fraction of the quality!  Just that little bit you saw is probably only about 60% complete.  So much more to add and refine.  Our award winning developers (Wasted Studios) are absolutely AMAZING!  And we have so much more in store for this title... it's really going to blow people away!  I look forward to sharing more info with the world over the next 10 months!

 

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely see a connection between the old Intellivision commercial and the new video about the controller with Tommy speaking to some designers. I see a company (OK, they were Mattel before, but yeah) that has always understood video games and that respects players... and I also see a company that knows how to creates expectation!

 

The Moon Patrol demo looks great, I just saw gameplays on Youtube. I am just curious, how are you planning to implement multiplayer in this game?

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

I definitely see a connection between the old Intellivision commercial and the new video about the controller with Tommy speaking to some designers. I see a company (OK, they were Mattel before, but yeah) that has always understood video games and that respects players... and I also see a company that knows how to creates expectation!

 

The Moon Patrol demo looks great, I just saw gameplays on Youtube. I am just curious, how are you planning to implement multiplayer in this game?

Players take turns being the buggy and when they're not the buggy they're the enemies :D

So it's always simultaneous multiplayer action. Different colours for different players, eg player 1's controller might light up blue so they're the blue buggy - player 2 and 3 are red and yellow controllers/enemies etc. Then when P2 is the buggy the buggy is red, so it cycles around.

That's what Tommy says in a video someone posted earlier so I assume the game mechanics are still the same.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


I particularly loved the sound design.   :D

 

 

This was post 3330. Tommy, you win a free Intellivoice module! :D

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A cute thing I observed... let the buggy get blasted just at the entry to the cave. Left the controls alone. The busted buggy slowly continued to slide down into the cave. A minute later, a wheel fell off and rolled away. Nice touch. I was hoping the camera would continue to follow the parts sliding into the cave to see what came next. 
 

Certainly made the wait at the DMV a lot more fun. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...