Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

On 12/16/2019 at 5:46 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:


We try not to call it a video game console.  We refer to it more as a "family entertainment device".  For the majority of the world (whether you want to believe it or not) there is a LOT of negativity towards video game consoles.  We don't want it to be viewed in the same category as the others... and our marketing will show that.

 

 

 

I really like this quote, and history will repeat itself. It was most of nintendo's strategy to market the famicom in America ! (It was after the video game crash of 1983)

I invite you all to relive this beautiful story very well told.

 

 

Amico is on the right track, and later I will give you my forecast for the number of console that will be sold! ;)

 

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

If I buy a modern board game and it has a 200 page manual, it better be because it is in at least ten different languages, preferably 20.


The great and amazing Steve Roney has spoken! 

For those new folks here... Steve started at Intellivision in 1981!  He was the programmer for such greats as B-17 Bomber and Space Spartans and is the person responsible for keeping the Blue Sky Rangers website and Intellivision history alive and available to anyone.

Not only is he one of the co-founders of Intellivision Entertainment (the new entity) but also the person for who Intellivision may not exist at all as he helped to get everything squared away after Keith passed away.

This thread wouldn't exist without Steve!

Steve is also a bit of a board game expert and he has been helping to secure popular titles.  He has a huge passion for this and one of the big games we got (thanks to Steve) is being done in house at Intellivision.  In fact there are 2 or 3 really big board game experts in the office.  And 2 of the folks have even successful created and sold board games. 

 

 

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

What happened here?

 

image.thumb.png.ac661f6961cb37197931aec343203a76.png


I've known Geoff for years.  In fact, we gave him his first big job on television over 15 years ago when we hired him as a correspondent on my TV show the Electric Playground.  He would even take my place sometimes when I was off touring Video Games Live and couldn't do some of the shoot dates. 

Me & my PR team approached him a few months ago about doing the Moon Patrol thing live on TV.  It would have been the debut and first release.  My idea was to bring out Scott Tsumura (original producer of the game and ex-president of Nintendo who now works with us) and before a break we could tell everyone (live at the show and folks watching at home) to download the Amico Club app.  Then, later in the show we would tell everyone to point their phones at the screen (again, either live or at home) and then we would show the logo.  I thought it would have made a great camera shot of thousands of people all playing the short demo at once... and all the people at home from around the world experiencing it all at the same time. 

Oh well. 

Side note:  Geoff mentioned that he never heard of Moon Patrol.  I thought that was strange... but he is younger than all of us here so I guess it makes sense.  They never really did anything with the game after the original arcade and a few crappy ports.  This was one of the reasons why I thought it would be so cool to bring back in a big way.  Simple yet challenging gameplay and my interesting couch co-op & versus mode ideas.  All with updated graphics.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LePionnier said:

 

I really like this quote, and history will repeat itself. It was most of nintendo's strategy to market the famicom in America ! (It was after the video game crash of 1983)

I invite you all to relive this beautiful story very well told.

 

 

Amico is on the right track, and later I will give you my forecast for the number of console that will be sold! ;)

 


Yeah!  That was a great one!  I recommend others to check it out.  I saw it when it first came out about a year or so ago.

But the most interesting thing about the video is that one of the big "secrets" I haven't announced and can't reveal will make you go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!" in 11 months from now.   :)

 

 

 

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Heheh, can't say I blame them for not wanting to give you a free promotional spot in that highly commercial event. Speaking of which, don't you want to become an AtariAge subscriber?


Yeah... the show is basically a "pay to play" experience.  I get it... you need funds to create a show like that.  I can't blame him for needing money to produce the show.  It is what it is. 

What do I get as an AtariAge subscriber?  Does this mean I can post in other threads without people getting pissy at me?   ;)

 

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm proud to announce that I'll be one of the featured guest speakers at the CES show in Las Vegas in a few weeks as part of the Family Tech Summit and [email protected] panel titled "The Future of Play, Gaming and Immersive Entertainment". I'll be with 2 very impressive folks including Chris Down who is the Chief Design Officer at Mattel.
 
If anyone here is going to CES, I hope to see ya at my panel so we can meet in person!
 
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColecoJoe said:

Tacos


Nah... they don't like me too much in the taco thread.  My tacos have been revoked.   :D

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Nah... they don't like me too much in the taco thread.  My tacos have been revoked.   :D

 

 

A lot of people don't like me but I continue to exist! It pisses people off :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this case the brand is benefitting far more than what the company is getting out of the brand; aside from some minor historical inaccuracies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Yeah!  That was a great one!  I recommend others to check it out.  I saw it when it first came out about a year or so ago.

But the most interesting thing about the video is that one of the big "secrets" I haven't announced and can't reveal will make you go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!" in 11 months from now.   :)

 

 

 

Will we have our own Amico Robot ? lol ( A new tamagotchi we have to take care of ... )  😄

One thing is sure, it will be a massive campaign, with booth in a lots of store.

In several morning shows, Tommy playing with the host and 2 other people, showing us how much fun we can have playing together.

Same thing with late shows !

(Don't be shy to ask me which shows to visit in Quebec, with its different culture from the rest of Canada including its language ! 8 Millions of people )

 

And one of the thing that I hope, a little like Nintendo did In New York in the 80's, before global launch, every one of us supporters will have the opportunity to buy Amico 1 month before everyone,

and let the magic begin with our family and our friends !😉

 

Thanks for everything Tommy, and please take care.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 My idea was to bring out Scott Tsumura (original producer of the game and ex-president of Nintendo who now works with us) and before a break we could tell everyone (live at the show and folks watching at home) to download the Amico Club app.  Then, later in the show we would tell everyone to point their phones at the screen (again, either live or at home) and then we would show the logo.  I thought it would have made a great camera shot of thousands of people all playing the short demo at once... and all the people at home from around the world experiencing it all at the same time.

 

Dude, that would have been genius.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to this forum. Already introduced myself. I just wanted to say I am excited about the Amico console coming in 2020!! I am a long time Intellivision fan. Intellivision was my first real gaming console besides pong. I had one in 1980 when the system first launched nationwide. I supported the console until 1990, buying games from Int Corp until they closed. I was very disappointed back in the 80s when Intellivision closed it's doors. I wish the Intellivision 4 would have come out. Who knows if the crash would have happened. The Amico will be my Intellivision 4!!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LePionnier said:

Will we have our own Amico Robot ? lol ( A new tamagotchi we have to take care of ... )  😄

I was thinking there may be some type of basic AI/Alexa type interface or similar to a tamagotchi type thing. Since Tommy I think said didn't want to call it THE Amico (thus making it a thing). But just Amico as in friend.

 

Just a thought.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

No.  That's what you get for posting in the Atari VCS thread! 🙄

You act as though tacos are bad.

11 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

A lot of people don't like me but I continue to exist! It pisses people off :)

It's that you have Coleco in your name perhaps?

 

11 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Nah... they don't like me too much in the taco thread.  My tacos have been revoked.   :D

What are you talking about? We are you posting there in an attempt to deliberately sabotage the VCS. I'm sure taco or making fun of Atari memes would always be welcome there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Yeah... the show is basically a "pay to play" experience.  I get it... you need funds to create a show like that.  I can't blame him for needing money to produce the show.  It is what it is. 

What do I get as an AtariAge subscriber?  Does this mean I can post in other threads without people getting pissy at me?   ;)

 

Perish the thought, but it is better here than the AtariAge facebook page. You get to edit your posts without the  "edited on [date/time]" tag as many times as you want for a month. You can also upload bigger files. Some other stuff, too. You get to fight off the need for ads to support the forum. The details are around here somewhere.

 

https://atariage.com/forums/store/category/1-subscriptions/

 

click on the link and click on a subscription and it will tell you what you get (and you would never know I added these last two lines in a second edit :rolling: )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

You act as though tacos are bad.

No. Tacos are good. The Atari VCS thread, not so much...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Hey guys, I'm following a carnivore diet and I can't eat bread or vegetables... can we stop using the word "taco" and replace it with "organic beef"? Thanks!

Maybe pound out a piece of chicken as thin as you can then use it as the taco shell and put organic beef in as the taco meat. :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Hey guys, I'm following a carnivore diet and I can't eat bread or vegetables... can we stop using the word "taco" and replace it with "organic beef"? Thanks!

You take that Tommy Tallarico shit out of here!!!!! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Maybe pound out a piece of chicken as thin as you can then use it as the taco shell and put organic beef in as the taco meat. :D

Turduckin baby!! Turduckin!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...