Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

On 6/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

I wanted to clear up some information about pricing, exclusives/ports and current developers, quality of games and customer vibe so far.  There has been a little confusion in this thread and a LOT in others.  ;)

 

<snip>

 

Please feel free to share as much of this information as you'd like going forward. 

Thanks!

The video is about hardware but no idea what graphic looks like.

 

I hope Amico is more advanced than original Intellivision.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll add to the conversation and list some games not mentioned I think should be on the Amico:

 

Space Battle - I'm sure this could be re-imagined and improved upon.  This is fun game as is!

 

Tron - If Tommy can get the license from Disney, I would love to see a port of the arcade game that has not appeared on any home console (as far as I know - and speaking of firsts)!

 

Beamrider - IMO this was the best Activision game on the Intellivision.  If Tommy can get the license from Activision, this would be a blast (pun intended)!

 

Space Spartans - This was another awesome game for the Intellivision.  Maybe they can do a re-imagined version?

 

Sports Games - This was Intellivision's bread & butter back in the day.  Release them with a serious overhaul in computer AI for one player games and these could make the system's one player options even better!

 

Minotaur - AKA Treasure of Tarmin.  This could also be a re-imagined game.  It would make sense as they plan doing Crown of Kings.

 

Burnin' Rubber - AKA Bump N Jump.  Fun arcade game that could be re-imagined for co-op play? May need a license to put this on?

 

This is just my list of older games.  Anyone have others in mind?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m sure the answer is NO. 

 

No in-game unskipable commercial ads right?

 

Like what just happened in NBA2k19.   Despicable. 

 

 

 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if its been suggested yet or not, but it could be cool to have a Secret of Mana type RPG on this,  where you have the option for mulitplayer.  Do you have plans for RPG's at all on the platform or is that not really something you are interested in?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rev said:

I’m sure the answer is NO. 

 

No in-game unskipable commercial ads right?

 

Like what just happened in NBA2k19.   Despicable. 

 

 

 

I knew there was a reason that I am starting to dislike new games. 'Hardcoregamers' start enjoying watching ads after buying a $60 and spending another $60 for DLC. Freaking joke. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:

The video is about hardware but no idea what graphic looks like.

 

I hope Amico is more advanced than original Intellivision.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoserama99 said:

so it might be nice to update some of the official marketing materials to cover some recent changes when you get a chance, things like the minor tweaks to game pricing and so on. (I think multiplayer has changed in scope or definition a bit since that first trailer? I haven't spent much time reading up on that, tbh.) Some place concise and "official" that reflects the current reality.

 

Yep!  You got it.  One of the many things on the top of our list.  Waiting to have the new video in hand so we can update the website with a ton of new info.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Serguei2 said:

The video is about hardware but no idea what graphic looks like.

 

I hope Amico is more advanced than original Intellivision.


Well THAT I can guarantee!!   :D

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

I'll add to the conversation and list some games not mentioned I think should be on the Amico:

 

Space Battle - I'm sure this could be re-imagined and improved upon.  This is fun game as is!

 

Tron - If Tommy can get the license from Disney, I would love to see a port of the arcade game that has not appeared on any home console (as far as I know - and speaking of firsts)!

 

Beamrider - IMO this was the best Activision game on the Intellivision.  If Tommy can get the license from Activision, this would be a blast (pun intended)!

 

Space Spartans - This was another awesome game for the Intellivision.  Maybe they can do a re-imagined version?

 

Sports Games - This was Intellivision's bread & butter back in the day.  Release them with a serious overhaul in computer AI for one player games and these could make the system's one player options even better!

 

Minotaur - AKA Treasure of Tarmin.  This could also be a re-imagined game.  It would make sense as they plan doing Crown of Kings.

 

Burnin' Rubber - AKA Bump N Jump.  Fun arcade game that could be re-imagined for co-op play? May need a license to put this on?

 

This is just my list of older games.  Anyone have others in mind?

 

4 of those titles (not including the many updated sports games) are currently being worked on.  :)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rev said:

I’m sure the answer is NO. 

 

No in-game unskipable commercial ads right?

 

Like what just happened in NBA2k19.   Despicable. 

 

 

 


You are absolutely 100% correct!!

No ads, no DLC, no Loot Boxes and no In App purchases. 

 

The way the gaming industry was MEANT to be!

:)

Just yet another HUGE advantage we have over other consoles and ESPECIALLY mobile.  When people like that SegaSnatch guy say we aren't offering anything different than mobile and that mobile players have no reason to try out Amico and that we're going to "fail" or find it difficult... it cracks me up.   Especially considering the massive amounts of data that suggests that mobile players may "put up" with stuff cause it's free... but they aren't happy about it and would LOVE to have a different way to get content... even if they have to pay a little up front.

Curated content and complete quality control, no in-app purchases or ad marketing, tactile controls along with touch-screen.... and the biggest.... the ability to play together in the same room.  Those 4 things alone are massive and monumental. 



 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OBLIVION23 said:

I don't know if its been suggested yet or not, but it could be cool to have a Secret of Mana type RPG on this,  where you have the option for mulitplayer.  Do you have plans for RPG's at all on the platform or is that not really something you are interested in?


Yes!  We are actively seeking something really cool, special and unique.  And of course... don't forget our own D&D stuff that could be reimagined.  :)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

Yep!  You got it.  One of the many things on the top of our list.  Waiting to have the new video in hand so we can update the website with a ton of new info. 

 

 

A little scoop for us ?  How many games (gameplay) will be reprensented in the next trailer ? :)  (I know you are working on it, but just to have an idea. Is it 5, 10, 20 !? :) )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


You are absolutely 100% correct!!

No ads, no DLC, no Loot Boxes and no In App purchases. 

 

The way the gaming industry was MEANT to be!

:)

Just yet another HUGE advantage we have over other consoles and ESPECIALLY mobile.  When people like that SegaSnatch guy say we aren't offering anything different than mobile and that mobile players have no reason to try out Amico and that we're going to "fail" or find it difficult... it cracks me up.   Especially considering the massive amounts of data that suggests that mobile players may "put up" with stuff cause it's free... but they aren't happy about it and would LOVE to have a different way to get content... even if they have to pay a little up front.

Curated content and complete quality control, no in-app purchases or ad marketing, tactile controls along with touch-screen.... and the biggest.... the ability to play together in the same room.  Those 4 things alone are massive and monumental. 



 

That was one of my biggest pet peeves with modern gaming. 

Just think of parents with children playing those games. Constantly asking for $$$$$$ for there game play.  

 

This is going to be a breath of fresh air in the gaming industry. For us parents and non hard core gamers.  

Thats for sure. 

 

I’m so glad to see a Company so dedicated and commented to bringing back the Family experience and games to the gaming industry.  

 

Looking Forward to all the new updates as they come out. 

 

Cheers 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this article about how parents' number one fear for there children is smart screen devices. They are looking for more ways to interact with their kids, get their kids active and do things as a family. I suppose kids may think it's dumb, but the parents are the ones in the drivers seat, hopefully. I can see why parents may see this as a bridge back to these things. I see where they mention board games near the end of the article, as well.

 

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/30/736214974/at-your-wits-end-with-a-screen-obsessed-kid-read-this?utm_source=pocket-newtab

 

I could also go on a tangent about people under 25 starting at where I work and their ear-bud obsession, but I won't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Country music & NASCAR are the biggest forms of music & sport in the U.S. but if you don't listen and watch... then you probably think they are dumb and can't understand why anyone else would like it.

I hear this type of claim from time to time and I question it. Let me preface it by saying... I am excited about this system, and I'm from Nashville, TN, and I am a musician and a NASCAR fan. So with that context out of the way... by what metric is NASCAR "bigger" than the NFL? We can all see there are plenty of empty seats at every race. Personally I think there's a lot of room for NASCAR to improve its appeal and I would consider it a somewhat mismanaged league. By what metric does country music outperform pop music? Country music and NASCAR both have loyal audiences but I struggle to see how they are the biggest. Frankly they actively shun huge demographics who would be better to be welcomed as new fans and paying customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy:  talked about this in the other thread.  One of the most fun times i had in the 16bit era was nhl94 on the genesis.  We used to do league games with people bringing their CRT’s to a friends house to get 3 genesis league games going at the same time

 

we didn’t do it because nhl94 played the most sim like hockey game, rather we played it because it was one of the most fun single player and couch multiplayer games ever.

 

i know you are shooting for a fun first  mentality.  Somehow if you can reach and attain that addictive nature that a few games like nhl94 have had over the years, I know people will support the system!  Similar playing hockey game with a modern 2.5d engine should do the trick.  I don’t want a defensive fest due to constant interference and missed empty net shots to artificially create a 2-1 game, I want a fun arcade style fest with big hits, exaggerated goalie saves and 6-5 games with decent audio-video modern look (I don’t care about faces and signature mo-cap moves)

 

... even without the blood due to rating and please no hot spot goals :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw the last time I’ve felt such passion behind the face of a company was trip Hawkins and the 3DO.  He had the right attitude and some good ideas for bringing in 3D engine console gaming and CD tech advantages.  The 3DO failed for several reasons, mostly because the hardware was just too expensive, which is something I think won’t befall the Amico because of both pricing and your target audience / casual gaming; however his enthusiasm was refreshing and it’s nice to see that passion alive and well still in our gaming universe 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LePionnier said:

A little scoop for us ?  How many games (gameplay) will be reprensented in the next trailer ? :)  (I know you are working on it, but just to have an idea. Is it 5, 10, 20 !? :) )


Still working on that.  If I had to guess, I'd say anywhere from 10 - 15.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Swami said:

I saw this article about how parents' number one fear for there children is smart screen devices. They are looking for more ways to interact with their kids, get their kids active and do things as a family. I suppose kids may think it's dumb, but the parents are the ones in the drivers seat, hopefully. I can see why parents may see this as a bridge back to these things. I see where they mention board games near the end of the article, as well.

 

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/30/736214974/at-your-wits-end-with-a-screen-obsessed-kid-read-this?utm_source=pocket-newtab

 

I could also go on a tangent about people under 25 starting at where I work and their ear-bud obsession, but I won't.

 

Great article!!  I hadn't seen that one (although we are familiar with the data).  So cool!  Going to add this to our "deck".  Thanks for sharing!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zoyous said:

I hear this type of claim from time to time and I question it. Let me preface it by saying... I am excited about this system, and I'm from Nashville, TN, and I am a musician and a NASCAR fan. So with that context out of the way... by what metric is NASCAR "bigger" than the NFL? We can all see there are plenty of empty seats at every race. Personally I think there's a lot of room for NASCAR to improve its appeal and I would consider it a somewhat mismanaged league. By what metric does country music outperform pop music? Country music and NASCAR both have loyal audiences but I struggle to see how they are the biggest. Frankly they actively shun huge demographics who would be better to be welcomed as new fans and paying customers.

 

I was just using those as an example as 2 things that most people don't associate with liking or being popular...  but in reality they are.  I meant to say they are SOME of the biggest forms.  I believe Rock is still #1 in the U.S. and Country is #2.  NASCAR I believe is in the top 3 or 5 in the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loafer said:

Tommy:  talked about this in the other thread.  One of the most fun times i had in the 16bit era was nhl94 on the genesis.  We used to do league games with people bringing their CRT’s to a friends house to get 3 genesis league games going at the same time

 

we didn’t do it because nhl94 played the most sim like hockey game, rather we played it because it was one of the most fun single player and couch multiplayer games ever.

 

i know you are shooting for a fun first  mentality.  Somehow if you can reach and attain that addictive nature that a few games like nhl94 have had over the years, I know people will support the system!  Similar playing hockey game with a modern 2.5d engine should do the trick.  I don’t want a defensive fest due to constant interference and missed empty net shots to artificially create a 2-1 game, I want a fun arcade style fest with big hits, exaggerated goalie saves and 6-5 games with decent audio-video modern look (I don’t care about faces and signature mo-cap moves)

 

... even without the blood due to rating and please no hot spot goals :)


Exactly!!  Me & my dad used to play Intellivision Baseball, Hockey & Football all the time.  There isn't a single modern sports game on any system that he'll play with me anymore because the controllers are all too complex (yes... including the Switch!  I tried.)   :)

We are taking the old approach to all of our sports games.  The more simple and fun... the better!

We still have huge Intellivision NHL Hockey battles to this day.  Don't care at all about the graphics.  Epic gameplay and of course... that TRIPPING sound!!   :)

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loafer said:

Btw the last time I’ve felt such passion behind the face of a company was trip Hawkins and the 3DO.  He had the right attitude and some good ideas for bringing in 3D engine console gaming and CD tech advantages.  The 3DO failed for several reasons, mostly because the hardware was just too expensive, which is something I think won’t befall the Amico because of both pricing and your target audience / casual gaming; however his enthusiasm was refreshing and it’s nice to see that passion alive and well still in our gaming universe 


Thanks!  Your words and encouragement really mean a lot.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Exactly!!  Me & my dad used to play Intellivision Baseball, Hockey & Football all the time.  There isn't a single modern sports game on any system that he'll play with me anymore because the controllers are all too complex (yes... including the Switch!  I tried.)   :)

We are taking the old approach to all of our sports games.  The more simple and fun... the better!

We still have huge Intellivision NHL Hockey battles to this day.  Don't care at all about the graphics.  Epic gameplay and of course... that TRIPPING sound!!   :)

 

 

Yes! This is what it's all about! I have similar experiences.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Exactly!!  Me & my dad used to play Intellivision Baseball, Hockey & Football all the time.  There isn't a single modern sports game on any system that he'll play with me anymore because the controllers are all too complex (yes... including the Switch!  I tried.)   :)

We are taking the old approach to all of our sports games.  The more simple and fun... the better!

We still have huge Intellivision NHL Hockey battles to this day.  Don't care at all about the graphics.  Epic gameplay and of course... that TRIPPING sound!!   :)

 

 

me and my dad used to play horse racing a lot..he would get a kick out of the 3 furlong races and he would coax out of the gate and win easy..even tho he wasn't a game the only other game he loved was Burger Time..he bought his own system just for Burger Time and never bought another game for it

 

lol i heard you mention the hockey tripping sound on the intellivisionaries podcast..the truly was a cool sound

 

i can't wait for the Amico..i still love playing games but man i downloaded a game on the android the other night that FORCED me to play the tutorial man i hate that..another thing i hate on modern mobile games is the level up crap..you know u do something simple..the music plays they give you a bunch of coins or stars and it's on to level 2 and repeat..just give me a game with 3 lives like they used to and forget the level up crap lol

Edited by ASalvaro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...