Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

44 minutes ago, CMR said:

The funny thing about the super hard core crowd is that they think everything is about them.  Many of them don't even seem to realize there are entire industries built around casual players who never touch an xbox or ps4.

So true.

• Like 1

too mature
And by mature, of course you mean "blood, boobs, and swearing" which is, of course, juvenile. 

There were more actual mature games in the 80s - SSI's "war sims," submarine simulators, etc.  These were games that required thought and strategy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I'm weird my 2 favorite controllers back in the day were the Intellivision disc and the Atari 5200 and it was only because of the internet I found out I was supposed to hate them 

Controlling the Chef in Burger Time was absolutely perfect with the disc....ever play Burger Time on the NES or Colecovision? The control of the chef is terrible on both consoles 

Edited by ASalvaro

Hey Tommy, for those of us that are aspiring homebrew developers, can I ask what languages will Amico support?  I am assuming Assembly of some flavor and C / C++?  Can you share if any other languages will be supported? (Java, Python)?

The only reason I ask as I would like to know the best languages to brush up / learn.

Is this information you can share at this time?

3 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Hey Tommy, for those of us that are aspiring homebrew developers, can I ask what languages will Amico support?  I am assuming Assembly of some flavor and C / C++?  Can you share if any other languages will be supported? (Java, Python)?

The only reason I ask as I would like to know the best languages to brush up / learn.

Is this information you can share at this time?

Didn't he say somewhere upthread that some of the games were being written in Unity?

At any rate, Python is a scripting language, not a programming language. Your tools or scripts might use it, but I imagine only if it's part of your own toolchain. 

Game consoles don't use Java. It's too inefficient runtime. (But oddly C# suffers from many of the same problems, but Unity is built upon it all the same.)

I don't have any special insight mind you, aside from other consoles I've coded for. But we've already been told this is not like other consoles, so who knows. 

Edited by JeffVav

11 hours ago, JeffVav said:

Didn't he say somewhere upthread that some of the games were being written in Unity?

At any rate, Python is a scripting language, not a programming language. Your tools or scripts might use it, but I imagine only if it's part of your own toolchain. 

Game consoles don't use Java. It's too inefficient runtime. (But oddly C# suffers from many of the same problems, but Unity is built upon it all the same.)

I don't have any special insight mind you, aside from other consoles I've coded for. But we've already been told this is not like other consoles, so who knows. 

This might help you program for it, if you so wish to. https://www.humblebundle.com/software/learn-game-development-software?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_4