Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, LePionnier said:

Hi Tommy. Great Interview yestersday. ( I listened hour 0 to 1, and hour 2 to 4. Will get the other hour later today. )

About physical buttons, how many of them will be pack-in ? Will it be up to 4 players ? Only for the 2 controllers included ?

Do you have an idea when you will be revealing image or gameplay with it ?

 

Thank you.

 

4 buttons, 2 discs come with the system.

 

No idea when we will reveal to the public.  Probably when we can have people play the machine.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LePionnier said:

Now the 4 hours seems to be there.

If you want to see the chat room, after clicking play, click on Youtube.

 

 


Ah!  Thanks!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Emanuele said:

So in Italy Mediaworld will be distributing Amico. Italian Intv fans, get ready!

Yes likely since MediaMarkt owns MediaWorld Italia but it looks like it is being done in phases, so sometime in the coming months:

 

The pre-sale of the "Intellivision Amico First Edition" will start exclusively in Germany from April 30th at MediaMarkt and Saturn. Further territories will be added in this summer.

 

EDIT: See Tommy's post above, which I hadn't gotten to yet in the thread, for the real info

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Michael Garvey said:

Thanks Tommy.  Tragically my girlfriend's sister passed away yesterday and we've really been devastated here.  I'm trying to pour myself into work and my channel stuff to compensate but it's very hard not to just stop and not want to continue working. 😢


Ugh!  :(  So sorry to hear that.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Michael Garvey said:

Watch "SteelSeries Free TouchScreen Gaming Controls Review- Very Good" on YouTube

 Is this the inspiration 


No.  I thought of it on my own a few years ago but found out that similar things already existed.  But most of them on the market are total crap so we had to make our own.  That disc in the video with all the suction cups is huge and doesn't look like ours.  Our buttons are different as well.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Michael Garvey said:

Watch "SteelSeries Free TouchScreen Gaming Controls Review- Very Good" on YouTube

 Is this the inspiration 

I have a pair of those. They work great for twin stick shooters, but the suction cups & the iPad need to stay clean for them to stay there & not slide around loose. 

That's what I get when I use my iPad while I'm eating fried chicken.🤭

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Michael Garvey said:

Thanks Tommy.  Tragically my girlfriend's sister passed away yesterday and we've really been devastated here.  I'm trying to pour myself into work and my channel stuff to compensate but it's very hard not to just stop and not want to continue working. 😢

Very sorry for you & your girlfriend's loss, Michael.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Auntie Em! Uncle Henry!  It's a twister!  It's a twister!

 

 

 

...and Leon is getting laaaaaaaaarger!

p.s. I never understood the Leon getting larger reference.  Anyone here know?  Funny as hell.. but never got the reference.

Leon is just his coworker that's getting a bit... fluffy. 

It's in response to another air traffic controller telling Lloyd Bridges "Bad news. The fog's getting thicker."

 

 

 

Tragically Stephen Stucker, the actor who played Johnny in both Airplane movies, died of AIDS related complications in 1986.

This COVID-19 pandemic, just reminds me that most of us Gen X/Boomer gay men lived through all this shit before in the 80s & 90s. 

Edited by Blarneo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tommy.  Watch all 4 hours last night live. Thought I would say you handled the show like a pro. Had to be difficult dealing with all those morons at the beginning.  Nice thing about the show being 4 hours long you out ran most of them. Seems to be they started dropping off like flies.  

 

Few things you mentioned I hadn't heard before.  Maybe you can confirm them.

AD&D game sounded like the game could have TSR approval to use the name. 

 

Frogger was mentioned .

 

Someone said river raid but I didnt hear if that was in the works.

 

The software that the controller uses to mimic pressing the button does the app on the phone do that as well? 

 

There was also a comment about the Galaxy purple exclusive thought I heard that its preorder might be next month did I hear that correctly?  Just not which retailer would get the exclusively.  

Ill probably remember more later.

 

Lastly confirm its not vaporware just kidding lol  

Enjoyed all of it thanks for everything you are doing to make a SAFE gaming console in a world that could careless. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Tommy,

 

Loved the interview with Rich at Reviewtech the yesterday one heck of a good stream. While there are a few things i still might not understand about it the idea of tactile buttons and D-pad on the phone version of the controller is just wild...you guys are doing a great job eliminating doubts for the Amico. Literally everyone I've spoken to about this comes at me with "Well is playing on phones is so tough then why tell me to play using my phone". So I'm still having trouble imagining how it goes...get that patent so we can see this thing in action please :)

 

Other thing I wanted to weigh in on was the idea of the 32GB onboard. Honestly i'm a fan of that as well. I'm glad you asked the chat for their input...nobody else would do this! Personally, I think, this can give the system some wiggle room. If all games are held on the drive as physical media installs itself there anyways. If most games are between 500MB and 1GB...that might be a "for now" kind of thing. I would hate to see over time the system get hemmed in by yet unmade advancements in the field.  I don't know technically at all here but i do know as a guy who installs a lot of games that if Amico gets a version of ORI and the blind forest that currently that game is 7.5GB and the definitive edition is a bit over 10GB. Selling to casuals who might not be familiar with memory management the way some of us hardcore are...well i wouldn't want to see them manage the system badly and then blame the system. I know it won't be missed either way by most Amico customers but i';m going to get every game for this thing so i'm the guy that is going to stick a 128GB in there and as history is my teacher...that somehow won't be enough :) 

 

BTW can it take a 128GB microSD?

 

Cheers all...i'm way behind, been busy I've got 60 pages to catch up on :) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


I've been craving them yesterday since this thread also!  

If I go out and catch COVID while hunting for vegan hotdogs today... I'm blaming you guys.

:)

No offense, but you all are apparently the type of folks marketers love, easily persuaded by nothing more than print

 

Not me, it would take a pick to get me to crave a hot dog.

 

Damn you in 5, 4, 3,  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


You have beer... I'll have a root beer.  (I don't drink alcohol... never have).

But no worries.  I'm buying!!

 

:)

 

BJ’s Brewery (not sure what their second name choice was) has the best root beer!  Hm, that would go really with hot dogs...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


The buttons aren't "patent pending" I just didn't want to reveal the design until folks have a chance to play with them.

:)

 

Can I say they look awesome.... oh crap ... I'll show myself out now

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Ugh!  :(  So sorry to hear that.

 

Michael I am so sorry for you loss, losing a loved on is so hard I am thinking about you and sending all the love I can muster from Canada.  

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


It isn't really going to be for a lot of games for the Amico controller as the current controller works totally great... I think they will mostly be used for the Amico app on mobile devices.  For example... for Moon Patrol I much prefer just tapping half the screen to jump and half the screen to fire (or the side buttons)... but some may prefer buttons.  

The idea behind using them on the actual Amico controller just gives yet more super cool ways to configure or play if you'd like.
 

JAOOTPC™  -  Just another out of the park concept!  

 

Any plans to produce a 12 button pad to replicate the original controller for use when the originals eventually get released?  
 

Also, and sorry if this has been asked before, any plans or potential to re-release full original arcade greats like asteroids, donkey kong, missile command, etc?  Not sure how much the latest casual gaming crowd knows about these, but seeing the potential for Amico to be an exceptional vehicle to keep these alive in the modern day. 
 

Lastly, remember those public services announcements that quickly covered some social topic and ended with “The more you know...”. If not copy righted, this might be a good tagline for the end of upcoming Meet Amico vids. 

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


The buttons aren't "patent pending" I just didn't want to reveal the design until folks have a chance to play with them.

:)

 

So the buttons can be used with phone controller and the original

as well ? Or only the phone controller ? I have not had time to see all of yesterday’s video and trying to understand this. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Garvey said:

Thanks Tommy.  Tragically my girlfriend's sister passed away yesterday and we've really been devastated here.  I'm trying to pour myself into work and my channel stuff to compensate but it's very hard not to just stop and not want to continue working. 😢

So so sorry buddy.  Never an easy thing to deal with.  Sorry for your and her loss.

TJ

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The Wren said:

Hey Tommy,

 

Loved the interview with Rich at Reviewtech the yesterday one heck of a good stream. While there are a few things i still might not understand about it the idea of tactile buttons and D-pad on the phone version of the controller is just wild...you guys are doing a great job eliminating doubts for the Amico. Literally everyone I've spoken to about this comes at me with "Well is playing on phones is so tough then why tell me to play using my phone". So I'm still having trouble imagining how it goes...get that patent so we can see this thing in action please :)

 

Other thing I wanted to weigh in on was the idea of the 32GB onboard. Honestly i'm a fan of that as well. I'm glad you asked the chat for their input...nobody else would do this! Personally, I think, this can give the system some wiggle room. If all games are held on the drive as physical media installs itself there anyways. If most games are between 500MB and 1GB...that might be a "for now" kind of thing. I would hate to see over time the system get hemmed in by yet unmade advancements in the field.  I don't know technically at all here but i do know as a guy who installs a lot of games that if Amico gets a version of ORI and the blind forest that currently that game is 7.5GB and the definitive edition is a bit over 10GB. Selling to casuals who might not be familiar with memory management the way some of us hardcore are...well i wouldn't want to see them manage the system badly and then blame the system. I know it won't be missed either way by most Amico customers but i';m going to get every game for this thing so i'm the guy that is going to stick a 128GB in there and as history is my teacher...that somehow won't be enough :) 

 

BTW can it take a 128GB microSD?

 

Cheers all...i'm way behind, been busy I've got 60 pages to catch up on :) 

I agree as well,  with 16 GB on board and shipped with a 32 GB card in the box will end up for many that they will swap out the shipped card for something bigger, so for many = no additional value to include the additional memory. Think it makes more sense to up the internal memory, if you can swing it. Just my $0.02.   

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Garvey said:

Thanks Tommy.  Tragically my girlfriend's sister passed away yesterday and we've really been devastated here.  I'm trying to pour myself into work and my channel stuff to compensate but it's very hard not to just stop and not want to continue working. 😢

Sorry to hear that MG. Thoughts are with you and your GF.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starpaddler said:

Think it makes more sense to up the internal memory, if you can swing it. Just my $0.02.   

Your 0.02$ could cost 10$ more ! Lol

But I agree as well. But I really appreciate the idea of including a 32GB sd card for a total of 48GB. Not every company would have tought to included that because of the inceased price. 

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Right now for 2020 the retail distribution may only be in Germany & UK.  Depends on when we can start making them and how many we can make.  Eventually we will be in Spain of course... but probably not in 2020.

Germany, UK, Spain? Tommy, come la mettiamo con l'Italia?🤔😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cranker said:

So the buttons can be used with phone controller and the original

as well ? Or only the phone controller ? I have not had time to see all of yesterday’s video and trying to understand this. 

I *think* the buttons might be useful on the controller to give you tactile positions for the screen - but considering it is more of a fixed, known quantity I don’t know if you would really need it. Muscle memory would kick in pretty quick. The buttons and disk are really for phones which may vary in size and and shape and you may need more help adapting to the control surface. At least that is my take - buttons for both theoretically but in reality 90%+ the buttons and 100% the disc are just for phones.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...