Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Urlu Berlu said:

I discovered what's a the end of the golden ticket!!
 

@Tommy: Do I get to visit your chocolate factory? LOL!

 

I really hope I won't get in trouble for this, but I'm just too freakin' excited to share this!

 

Edited by Urlu Berlu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Urlu Berlu said:

I really hope I won't get in trouble for this, but I'm just too freakin' excited to share this!

I certainly hope you haven’t betrayed a confidence or privilege by sharing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Urlu Berlu said:

I discovered what's a the end of the golden ticket!!
 

@Tommy: Do I get to visit your chocolate factory? LOL!


I saw that you did.  :)

 

Official e-mail coming today or tomorrow.

 

:)

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jake67 said:

I certainly hope you haven’t betrayed a confidence or privilege by sharing this.


So much for surprise Easter Eggs.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

Correct.  Things actually getting worse in Orange County... not better.

 

Only a few people are back at the office.

 

 

 

From the observations I’m making from my bunker, we appear to have hit that point where people are getting royally pissed at the people who aren’t wearing masks, are going to big parties, or are licking people not in their immediate family, because it’s affecting livelihoods that were slowly coming back on track.

 

I’ve remained calm to this point, but if this sort of activity kills the 10/10 release date, I’ll join the ranks of “royally pissed.” 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


So much for surprise Easter Eggs.

 

Well Tommy...I must say the new Cloudy Mountain looks amazing!  I am going to play the hell outa that until my hands bleed!! You can see by my avatar pic that it was, and still is, my favorite Inty game.  And you got me all jacked up for it again!!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Well Tommy...I must say the new Cloudy Mountain looks amazing!  I am going to play the hell outa that until my hands bleed!! You can see by my avatar pic that it was, and still is, my favorite Inty game.  And you got me all jacked up for it again!!


I have no idea what you're talking about.  And neither does @Urlu Berlu.

 

:D

 

 

  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy Tallarico said:


I have no idea what you're talking about.  And neither does @Urlu Berlu.

 

:D

 

 

Oh darn! I must've missed something awesome there, and did I say that I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Cloudy Mountain?

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jake67 said:

... or are licking people not in their immediate family...

Disagree with this point, but I probably should leave it at that ;)

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other day I missed the deleted political messages, but today I was here to see the autodeleted Cloudy Mountain preview.

 

It feels good! I feel like I've seen a shooting star.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Well Tommy...I must say the new Cloudy Mountain looks amazing!

It does, although I intentionally didn’t watch it in great detail. 

 

When someone says, “I really hope I won't get in trouble for this...” and then posts a video that Tommy hasn’t officially announced or shared, I start hearing those sirens from the theme song to the original Ironside tv show. (Side note... as a kid, that theme song scared the crap out of me and to this day it makes me a little tense when I run across it.)

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed it,but that's ok.

It's still a surprise,and I love surprises !!!😀👍

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jake67 said:

It does, although I intentionally didn’t watch it in great detail. 

 

When someone says, “I really hope I won't get in trouble for this...” and then posts a video that Tommy hasn’t officially announced or shared, I start hearing those sirens from the theme song to the original Ironside tv show. (Side note... as a kid, that theme song scared the crap out of me and to this day it makes me a little tense when I run across it.)

I got caught in the excitment and wanted to share it, but at the same time I have a lot of respect for what Tommy's trying to build here, I totally buy into his vision of a uniting console and games.

 

I guess I'm a shill?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Raystorm90000 said:

In the same spirit as Tommy's either or List, here's the same thing but all the games are ones that have been referenced as possible future Amico games but with little to no information available.

 

Beauty and the Beast  OR    Miner 2049

Demon Attack             OR    Cosmic Ark

Dracula                      OR    Dragonfire

Burgertime                 OR    Lock N Chase

Microsurgeon              OR    Tron Deadly Disc

Lode Runner               OR    Adventure

 

my list would be

 

Beauty and the beast

Demon Attack

Dracula

Lock N Chase

Tron(or if rights cant be acquired "somebody's...) Deadly Disc

 

also of the games listed above which do you think are the MOST and LEAST likely to ever appear on the Amico?

Beauty and the Beast

Demon Attack

Dracula

Burgertime

Microsurgeon

Adventure

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Hey @Urlu Berlu, since we don't have much to talk about, can you tell us how did you get that video? Do you think a movie adaptation of your story would work?

 

I'd love to tell you but first: did you get your Golden Ticket?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retro game idea, was watching some clips from the original 70's Land of the Lost TV show.  Could make for a fun retro platform game if the rights secured.  Kids like dinosaurs, and older players from that time would have the nostalgia.  Just the Sleestak sound effects would get my $10.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since getting on the Amico bandwagon, I’m more aware of what other companies are up to and their intended strategies. 

 

I just ran across this story about Apple Arcade. I’m a big Apple fan but Apple Arcade has never really tempted me. 

 

https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/083431/apple-arcade-cancels-some-upcoming-games-and-hunts-for-projects-with-higher-player-retention/

 

As I read it, I felt for the developers... must suck to have a project pulled. 

 

A question for Tommy if you can answer... have you had to set a developer free for any reason during this process of launching the Amico?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also always seem to miss the drama 😂 That's okay I can wait until it's officially official. Unless of course it was related to Burgertime 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeterPepper said:

I also always seem to miss the drama 😂 That's okay I can wait until it's officially official. Unless of course it was related to Burgertime 😂

It was a leaked video of Peter Pepper swimming through the caves of Cloudy Mountain while gobbling fish and avoiding a shark.

 

It’s part of Amico’s “Value Gaming” plan where you get three games for the price of one. It also helps a YouTube Amico-hater be more efficient with his time as he can gripe about three games he hasn't played all at once.

 

I trust you’ve learned a valuable lesson about the need to spend every waking moment on this forum, and quite a bit of your non-waking moments... just to be safe.

 

(I can’t wait to see BurgerTime on the Amico. One of my favs from the original Intellivision.)

Edited by Jake67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, woobman said:

Now we need one that is - Missed the Founders Edition but have a VIP! Fantastic work CurlyQ!

Great idea @woobman. Made me think about a Gold, Silver and Bronze color scheme for Founders, VIP and OG Editions respectively, but the silver/grey just ended up looking dull, bland and blahhh. 🤢🤮

 

Founders-Edition-Patch-Running-Man-Animation.gif.7b57f6479861279b534f8bd54d53c9d3.gifVIP-Edition-Patch-Running-Man-Animation.gif.6e295fb1623d1453df8eaa8f4d672450.gifOG-Edition-Patch-Running-Man-Animation.gif.3824dba2ad968c773ee34be2e0169177.gif

 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

Great idea @woobman. Made me think about a Gold, Silver and Bronze color scheme for Founders, VIP and OG Editions respectively, but the silver/grey just ended up looking dull, bland and blahhh. 🤢🤮

 

Founders-Edition-Patch-Running-Man-Animation.gif.7b57f6479861279b534f8bd54d53c9d3.gifVIP-Edition-Patch-Running-Man-Animation.gif.6e295fb1623d1453df8eaa8f4d672450.gifOG-Edition-Patch-Running-Man-Animation.gif.3824dba2ad968c773ee34be2e0169177.gif

 

I would pay for a VIP Edition patch--please Tommy?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...