Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

The iPhone app "Simply NFC" (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/simply-nfc-tag-writer-reader/id1262550712c ) is about the simplest to use. Just click on the giant "Read NFC" button, hold the disc on the golden ticket close to your iPhone's camera area (the top 1/3 of the phone) and it will automatically take you to the webpage on the golden ticket directly.

 

(as per usual new app etiquette, I would say 'no' to any app permissions it asks for and you can uninstall it afterwards)

That's even better that what I'm having to do (copy-paste in a browser)!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

The iPhone app "Simply NFC" (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/simply-nfc-tag-writer-reader/id1262550712c ) is about the simplest to use. Just click on the giant "Read NFC" button, hold the disc on the golden ticket close to your iPhone's camera area (the top 1/3 of the phone) and it will automatically take you to the webpage on the golden ticket directly.

 

(as per usual new app etiquette, I would say 'no' to any app permissions it asks for and you can uninstall it afterwards)

I knew if I found my way here, that someone would have an answer to the NFC reader question already! Thanks GrudgeQ and Urlu Berlu! Just gotta get home to get my ticket :0P

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

The email said I'm already entered to win.  I didn't know we had to wait until 7/15 to find out if we won.  But it's all good.  Looking forward to the big day.  Now lets get those demos going.  Pretty please!  😁

Agreed, good sir, I'm ready for more demos too! :0) And good luck to all that are entered! :0)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Juice said:

Tommy dear god show some game footage or something. The videos that have been made about Amico lately are very desperate. No offense to anyone who has made a video but just search amico videos. Nobody cares about your desktop, nobody cares about anonymous internet "bullies" So much videos speculating about what's going to be on the Amico how about what is going to be on the amico? Where are all these edutainment games?

 

Not gonna bring up their names but if it is gonna be delayed I don't know how many people are gonna want their money tied up. We can all act like everything is okay but the fun loving Amico community I remember months ago seems like a thing of the past. And what is there doesn't seem to be genuine. It's like fake smiling, and a lot of people using multiple accounts and I'm not just talking about haters. Can't ignore what I've seen.

 

I don't believe everything what people against you have said because I'm still here not banned, but I would be lying if I didn't say there was a walking on eggshells feeling around here. I've said my peace I'm gonna leave now, not interested in a back and forth argument with anyone. I've been proven wrong before and you can do it again, won't take it personally. Thank you.

Hey Juice, put some ice cubes in that juice and cool it. I am sure there are a multitude of issues the IE team is dealing with as they approach the go - no go production deadline for 10-10-2020 release date. Putting out new video's should be at the bottom of theire list.

 

In case you haven't noticed, there has also been a few issues concerning viruses and demonstrations dominating the news cycles. Not the best time to do a press release. Also, you may have not noticed but no one has been playing baseball lately either.

 

FYI, I am not walking on eggshells and I don't see anyone else here doing that either. I've got 4 Amico's on order and I haven't for one second thought about requesting a refund. I like everyone else am hoping IE makes the 10-10-2020 release date, but if it slips they still have my complete support and understanding. In Tommy I trust!

 

 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NTV said:

Hey Juice, put some ice cubes in that juice and cool it. I am sure there are a multitude of issues the IE team is dealing with as they approach the go - no go production deadline for 10-10-2020 release date. Putting out new video's should be at the bottom of theire list.

 

In case you haven't noticed, there has also been a few issues concerning viruses and demonstrations dominating the news cycles. Not the best time to do a press release. Also, you may have not noticed but no one has been playing baseball lately either.

 

FYI, I am not walking on eggshells and I don't see anyone else here doing that either. I've got 4 Amico's on order and I haven't for one second thought about requesting a refund. I like everyone else am hoping IE makes the 10-10-2020 release date, but if it slips they still have my complete support and understanding. In Tommy I trust!

 

 

Well that's great for you, but let's not forget the people on Atariage are not your average consumer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NTV said:

FYI, I am not walking on eggshells and I don't see anyone else here doing that either. I've got 4 Amico's on order and I haven't for one second thought about requesting a refund. I like everyone else am hoping IE makes the 10-10-2020 release date, but if it slips they still have my complete support and understanding. In Tommy I trust!

Nope me neither, I got multiple Amicos on order and may even get more. Juice, as usual, is just trying to stir up something were it doesn't exist. Trolls like him are just trying desperately to sow some seeds of doubt but Intellivision just released a new trailer & got the Golden Ticket contest going, plus more announcements are coming up. Sure things are moving slower with Covid but what would any reasonable person (and not just a hater) would expect? Sorry if you want to reply to this Juice with more of your crap - but I have NO interest in anything you say and have blocked you here. I suggest other members of this thread do too - so he can talk to his core audience - himself.

 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Urlu Berlu said:

TJ is one of a kind! Started my morning with a good laugh!

Thanks man... the Old Lady is not happy with me... showing her off on camera and all. 

But was well worth it.  She spending $$ on all that Amico garb. 😝

TJ

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RxScram said:

Unfortunately, with apple products you have to install an NFC reader app to get your surprise. If you go to the app store and search for "NFC reader" pretty much any of them will work.

 

Took 4 different readers but I finally got it. Thanks for the tip, super nice video, day one purchase as I used to love a similar game on the colecovision back in the day

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AtariSociety said:

Thanks man... the Old Lady is not happy with me... showing her off on camera and all. 

But was well worth it.  She spending $$ on all that Amico garb. 😝

TJ

I promised myself when I retire this fall Im going to take the time to do videos that kind of fall into what you are doing.  I suspect we will become YouTube friends, your sense of humor is right up my alley!  Lol

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Took 4 different readers but I finally got it. Thanks for the tip, super nice video, day one purchase as I used to love a similar game on the colecovision back in the day

You're probably referring to Temple of Apshai or one of the 2 other games of that series. Great games! I played them too back in the day!

To be fair, this upcoming game is a direct follow-up to "AD&D Cloudy Mountain" that was on the Intellivision console, back when getting an "AD&D" licence was an easy thing, meaning before it became the phenomenon it got to be.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the Golden Ticket email, this type of promo is so great for generating buzz and really appeals to a lot people, just dropped by to wish everyone the very best of luck, I know I'll be excitedly checking :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought some merchandise on the Intellivision website last week, but haven't received anything yet.  Am I too late for this sweepstakes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On an intellivision collectible related note,a friend of mine is making an INTV mirror-sign that he has posted in the Atariage Intellivision forum. Please check it out!

He has made other great signs for the Intellivision folks in the past,and I just asked if he could possibly make a running man version in the same style. Fingers crossed for that!🤞😀

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loafer said:

I promised myself when I retire this fall Im going to take the time to do videos that kind of fall into what you are doing.  I suspect we will become YouTube friends, your sense of humor is right up my alley!  Lol

Sweet!  I look forward to them.

;-)

TJ

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an idea for an Amico game.  How about a game where you play as Santa Claus and you must fight off against aliens?

You have to stop the aliens from destroying the North Pole and the ultimate goal is to save Christmas.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Happy Canada Day, EH!

 

happy-canada-day-intellivision-amico-2020.thumb.png.615068a8c92f98a732d6a13283eae498.png


WOW!!!   THIS IS AMAZING!!

Must post!!!!!!!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NTV said:

Unless I have missed something,  I haven't  heard anything about Space Invaders or Space Armada. Any plans on releasing one of these?


Nothing planned as of yet.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...