Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Tommy,

For the retro games on Amico, will there be an opening cut scene?  Some retro games in the past had cut scenes that helped with the story.  Such as Ninja Gaiden on NES.  It would be cool to see this with the retro re-imagined games.   

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

For the retro games on Amico, will there be an opening cut scene?  Some retro games in the past had cut scenes that helped with the story.  Such as Ninja Gaiden on NES.  It would be cool to see this with the retro re-imagined games.   

yes it will be me saying Have an Amico day... LOL.... but it all seriousness great question! I would love for a little story splashed in on maybe just text and images...

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Tommy,

An explanation of what is happening in the game, what our character trying to fullfill is always something I like to have in a game.

We don't need a 15 minutes movie sessions ! It could be only a little 10-20 seconds.

Maybe it's not possible for all games but I Hope it is for most of them !

We can have coop mode, versus mode, team mode, and story mode ( not solo mode ! 😁) And some story mode will have more than one player (Cloudy Mountain).

By the way, I hope Dynablaster (Bomberman) will also have a story mode so I could play when I am alone !

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, LePionnier said:

We don't need a 15 minutes movie sessions ! It could be only a little 10-20 seconds.

No, it wouldn't be a long scene.  Just something short like you said.  So, in my original post, I didn't mean having long cut scenes.  Sorry for the confusion.  I myself don't like long cut scenes.  

• Like 4

On 1/10/2021 at 3:47 PM, Intellivision Master said:

You're welcome.  By the way, flip the number and you're 45 again

1 csae wehre Dsyleixa hsa an adanvtgse.  

No offense to those that may suffer from this, can’t imagine how tough that could be. 

• Like 4

On 1/11/2021 at 6:54 AM, timbofry1 said:

I think Yosemite Sam was the last time I heard that...

Yosemite Sam - Wikipedia

A Bugs Bunny game would be awesome, and so much opportunity for humor. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

No, it wouldn't be a long scene.  Just something short like you said.  So, in my original post, I didn't mean having long cut scenes.  Sorry for the confusion.  I myself don't like long cut scenes.  

There is absolutely no confusion ! I just meant that We don't need something like Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo that could take several minutes !

So I am saying the same thing as you, and I hope Intellivision Entertainment will have some story even if they want their games to be just "play and have fun" ! 😃

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 7

Hi Tommy,

Are the islands on Utopia randomly generated, or are they a pre designed shape and size? So looking forward to this! 👍😀

• Like 10

In the Amico podcast yesterday Tommy showed images of the lanyards for the Amico controllers.  The lanyard color for the FE is gray.  Why not gold?  A gold color makes more sense, or perhaps brown to match the woodgrain.

Hopefully we can buy lanyards separately at retail.  And maybe there will be more color options too.

• Like 5

Tommy,

Any chance of there being a stealth bomber game on Amico?  I think it would be cool to have a game where you play as a stealth bomber.  You could make it an unlockable in B-17 Bomber. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

1 csae wehre Dsyleixa hsa an adanvtgse.  

No offense to those that may suffer from this, can’t imagine how tough that could be. 

Fuck me, I had no problem reading that. Didn't realize it was wrong until 'hsa'.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2021 at 11:10 PM, Silverbot said:

Glad to see you back safe and well! Must of been a worrying time.

Thanks!  Because my wife couldn’t visit me, she was really worried more then myself and especially as I was not up to texting much for the first few days; of course she was getting more complete briefings of my condition than I was.  I knew things could always turn worse, but I just tried to focus on getting better. 

Wasn’t till I got home that I saw records from the admitting Dr. stating I was “critical” along with “This patient has significant potential for severe morbidity or mortality”.  

Think had I seen that while in the hospital, my worry level would have been much higher. 😲

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

Wow, so glad you are out of the hospital and feeling well enough to admire the moguls ;) . Had a few family members with Covid but only one required hospitalization (but a serious bout at that - had to be transferred to a bigger hospital for better care). It really is an unpredictable disease and not one to be taken lightly especially if you are older or have existing conditions - great advice.

Thanks.  My wife and me are typically on the very safe side of outings WRT COVID, but after Christmas we went up to my wife's moms house. We decided that as she lives up in the Sequoia’s and their local case count was in the single digits, we would be as safe or safer then down in LA - we were wrong.  My wife’s family spent Christmas Eve together, and unknown to us, my 2 nieces (both nurses), caught it at work and unknowingly exposed the entire family, from which we then caught it ourselves. Of course my nieces became symptomatic the day after we arrived but we never had any contact with either of them.  We immediately left for home when I started not feeling well. Brother-in-law, my wife’s mother and myself all were hospitalized within a few days of each other. My sister-in-law, nephew, his wife and 4 kids, my nieces husband, my other nieces boy friend, my sister-in-laws sister and 1 friend of my nephew all also came down with it, but avoided the hospital.  Did i mention we did “our Christmas” out side and social distanced?  Given the transmission of the virus to the entire family, despite trying to be careful, I got to think we caught the west cost variant that is reported to be more transmissible.  I also just read an article that in LA (or maybe it was CA) they are estimating 1/2 of all current cases are of the more easily transmitted west coast mutation. Anyway, all the family appear to be on good roads to recovery and I seemed to get the worst of it, but given how many in the family got it, feeling very lucky we all apear to be recovering.  

Edited by Starpaddler
  • Like 6

On 1/30/2021 at 1:44 PM, Zee said:

Countdown?  What countdown?  I've been out of the loop the last little while just busy with work and a NEW PUPPY we got over Christmas.  Hoping to catch up on Intellivision news I've missed...is the console still on track for 4.3.21 launch!?

Here's Lupo by the way

P0aQjc6.jpg

Wow, i’d say we have Lupo’s uncle, but given our dog is a labradoodle and not a golden doodle maybe he’s more of a distant cousin.

Both breeds are such great dogs!  Our last dog was a Malamute which shedded twice a year (January thru June and July thru December).  As doodles do not shed, were saving time vacuuming and a ton of money on vacuum cleaner bags; unfortunately these dogs do require extensive and frequent combing, so there went our time saved. 

2D7F63E6-D462-4D3D-BF38-D55B1105BAE5.jpeg

• Like 6

On 8/2/2021 at 04:21, Starpaddler said:

La grafica deve provenire da uno dei livelli più difficili date le dimensioni di quelle montagne.  🤪

Per coloro che potrebbero aver notato, non sono stato qui dalla fine di dicembre perché sono stato piuttosto duro con COVID. Ha avuto febbre alta a casa per 10 giorni prima di dover essere ricoverato in ospedale per quasi 3 settimane. Finalmente di nuovo a casa  😁 e sulla via del recupero. 

Diventando più forte ogni giorno, ma mi è stato detto che probabilmente sarò più vicino a essere nel campo di 3 mesi, quindi il campo di 6 settimane stimato per il recupero (sembra che ci possano essere 2 traiettorie per quelli abbattuti come me)

Anche mia moglie e mio figlio lo hanno beccato, tutti nello stesso giorno. Mio figlio è stato giù di 2 giorni e si è ripreso immediatamente, mia moglie è stata ammalata per circa 2 settimane ed è ancora affaticata di tanto in tanto, ma generalmente sta bene. Ha avuto la fortuna di evitare l'ospedale. 

Felice di essere finalmente tornato qui e ho bisogno di recuperare il ritardo sui post (vale più di 30 pagine)

Stai al sicuro e prendilo da me; fai quel piano A, perché il piano B fa schifo. 

Una cosa che ho imparato: la mia comprensione era che ti recavi al pronto soccorso se hai problemi di respirazione, cosa che per me non accadeva fino al giorno 10; ma poiché ero stato infettato per così tanto tempo prima di entrare, quasi non mi hanno dato gli antivirali che credo abbiano finito per salvarmi la vita (alcuni dei dottori hanno ritenuto che fosse troppo tardi per fornire benefici). Pertanto, la mia raccomandazione è di assicurarti di essere VISTO per eventuali sintomi che durano più di 5 giorni per assicurarti di fare la finestra che ho quasi perso.  

You had the same experience as a friend of mine.  He too was in the hospital, while his family managed to avoid him.  The children, a few days of fever and are immediately cured.  A bad experience, but the important thing is to get out of it.  For the release of "Amico" you will be in great shape!  Glad to find you here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tommy,

Is there any chance of a Pinball game like Devil’s Crush (Crash) on the Amico? 👍😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Is there any chance of a Pinball game like Devil’s Crush (Crash) on the Amico?

Or an old favorite table of mine from the PC: Crystal Caliburn by Little Wing.  

Edited by TMPiper
  • Like 5