Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

On 5/19/2021 at 8:34 AM, Intellivision Master said:

 


That was a cool one!

 

Might be showing some soccer/football soon.  Ya never know.
 

:)

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, let's be realistic ! The 4 missing parts for Amico will not be available by July and the prices will not go down for at least another 6 months, not to mention the compliance tests to pass!

You have 4 people trying everything they can to secure and/or find another way to produce them. They have been doing this for several weeks already!

 

So knowing this in all honesty, that parts will be missing, what's next ?

Will still a certain quantity go on sale for October?

But how will Intellivision manage to produce them, even if there would only be 3000 to produce? 😪

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 9:07 AM, bigdaddygamestudio said:


Don't remind me!

 

:)

 

Things getting worse... not better.

 

 

  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 10:53 AM, Zee said:

Damn, this sounds amazing, can't wait for it.  I'm hoping Tommy sends me super secret screenshots of Amico tennis that I'm now asking about :) 


Haven't started that one yet... but will be on the "to do" list at some point.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 2:39 PM, Intellivision Master said:

 


I watched some of that over the weekend.  Very incorrect thesis, but cool that people are interested enough to make videos about it.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 7:52 AM, Intellivision Master said:

 


So sad to hear about Atari Creeps mom.  Glad that he seems to be doing okay.  Love this guy!

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 6:41 AM, Utopia said:

Thank you for your very intelligent and well thought out comments.  A good  video. 


Cyrus Martin NAILS IT once again.

 

Common sense and intelligence sure goes a long way.

 

:)

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 2:31 PM, CurlyQ said:

Credit due to the artist that captured the retro look and feel of the old-school original Intellivision box art. Very nicely done imo! :cool::thumbsup:

 

I look forward to seeing more!

 

intellivision-amico-biplanes-box-art-reliced-mockup.thumb.png.b4a2b80e0951382ec6b9d09be339b86d.png

 



Hahaha!  Very cool!  Love it!

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 4:40 PM, nysavant said:

Maybe Tommy will drop a screenshot of in here to wet our appetites?  Pleaaaase :)


Probably within the next month or so.

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, Swami said:

Over 1,000,000 views. Over 1,100,000 actually. 


Pretty amazing!

I also find it interesting that in the Modern Consoles section that Amico is #1.  Even surpassing the Wii & Wii U combined. 

Of course... this is a retro board... but still kinda cool. 

 

No matter what side of the fence you're on, we seem to be doing things that people are interested in and can't stop reading and talking about.

:)

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed this video wasn't posted here.  A really great one! 

 

And just goes to show how little these obsessed hater folks actually understand or know about anything Amico related.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

 

I actually worked on the remake of Spy Hunter that they did for the PlayStation 2, Gamecube, XBOX, Windows, etc. 20 years ago.  They called it SpyHunter as one word instead of two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpyHunter

 

And YES!  I had a LOT of fun with that music!!

 

I did all the cutscenes for the game (not the in game music).

Here is the intro:

And YES... would love to see it make a modern comeback on Amico!!

 

Wow one of the few game opening trailers I wouldn't immediately be looking for the 'skip' button on. Actually went back and watched it a couple of times - great job Tommy and all who worked on it

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOT Amico related but Willy Wonka is as a bit of an unofficial guiding light for the Amico: Warner's is doing an origin story for Willy Wonka staring Timothée Chalamet (Dune). It will "focus on a young Willy Wonka and his adventures prior to opening the world's most famous chocolate factory" and it seems like there will be "singing and dancing" so probably a bit lighter than Tim Burton's nightmare fuel. Here is hoping they carry forward the trickster story line and less of the serial killer vibe:

 

https://deadline.com/2021/05/timothee-chalamet-willy-wonka-warner-bros-1234762658/

 

https://katv.com/news/entertainment/timothe-chalamet-to-play-willy-wonka-in-origin-story

 

 

p1798_p_v10_ad.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

The 'rainbow streak' is an timed hyper dash power up you get in the game. It is critical to top game play because it lets you quickly move across the screen to respond to far away threats (or dodge imminent disaster)

. You only get it so often however so you have to save it up.

Looks like warp trail on the Enterprise from Wrath of Khan.

warp.jpg

Edited by Stoke
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

Wow one of the few game opening trailers I wouldn't immediately be looking for the 'skip' button on. Actually went back and watched it a couple of times - great job Tommy and all who worked on it


Yeah!  It was fun to watch (and listen) to that again after about 20 years!

The cinematic for this type of game was actually pretty ahead of it's time for 20 years ago.  Blizzard, Square and others were doing stuff better than this... but they are always ahead of the game (pun intended). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrudgeQ said:

NOT Amico related but Willy Wonka is as a bit of an unofficial guiding light for the Amico: Warner's is doing an origin story for Willy Wonka staring Timothée Chalamet (Dune). It will "focus on a young Willy Wonka and his adventures prior to opening the world's most famous chocolate factory" and it seems like there will be "singing and dancing" so probably a bit lighter than Tim Burton's nightmare fuel. Here is hoping they carry forward the trickster story line and less of the serial killer vibe:

 

https://deadline.com/2021/05/timothee-chalamet-willy-wonka-warner-bros-1234762658/

 

https://katv.com/news/entertainment/timothe-chalamet-to-play-willy-wonka-in-origin-story

 

 

p1798_p_v10_ad.jpg



LOVE THIS!!!!!!

I had heard rumors.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the delays of many products due to chip shortages do you find this still a obstacle? Also has anyone from Analogue who's also dealing with chip shortages which resulted in a delay of their pocket, ever reached out or commented on how they to are dealing the same struggles. Maybe to help calm the concerns of mutual customers. 

 

Screenshot_20210524-154717.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:


Don't remind me!

 

:)

 

Things getting worse... not better.

 

 

You don't think devoting a small number of systems to the Founder's and VIP Editions is affecting Intellivision's chances at production, do you? I'd hate to be (inadvertently) causing you folks any trouble!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Relicgamer said:

With the delays of many products due to chip shortages do you find this still a obstacle? Also has anyone from Analogue who's also dealing with chip shortages which resulted in a delay of their pocket, ever reached out or commented on how they to are dealing the same struggles. Maybe to help calm the concerns of mutual customers. 

 

Screenshot_20210524-154717.jpg

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360058718452-Pocket-Delayed-to-October-2021-3-31-21

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Battlefish said:

You don't think devoting a small number of systems to the Founder's and VIP Editions is affecting Intellivision's chances at production, do you? I'd hate to be (inadvertently) causing you folks any trouble!

I haven't ever heard Tommy mention anything like console housing production or any of the bonus items being a holdup, so I don't think so. Also they have some flex in the materials/manufacturer of those, especially the bonus items. I mean if the Founders pin was unobtainable anywhere Tommy wouldn't hold up production, he would probably poll founders on a substitute item and just swap it out with some other bonus (remember it is a pre-order so if people HAD to have the pin and that was the only reason they ordered, they could cancel - not too likely). Everyone else would just get an extra patch, a few extra bucks on the gift card or whatever most people wanted after polling everyone. So although the Founders & VIP are limited in number, the internals are the same so their counts just fall into the total numbers of Amicos to be produced.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the latest shell for the Galaxy Purple Amico!

 

The new darker silver is AWESOME!

 

What do you think??

 

 

584071395_GalaxyPurpleshell01.thumb.jpg.76981c8eb4b17fd9b5f90aafdc0424a1.jpg

 

2060479774_GalaxyPurpleshell02.thumb.jpg.63938aebdc04e8a2f363697ecee6b900.jpg

 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Here's the latest shell for the Galaxy Purple Amico!

 

The new darker silver is AWESOME!

 

What do you think??

 

 

584071395_GalaxyPurpleshell01.thumb.jpg.76981c8eb4b17fd9b5f90aafdc0424a1.jpg

 

2060479774_GalaxyPurpleshell02.thumb.jpg.63938aebdc04e8a2f363697ecee6b900.jpg

 

Looks great!  Is there a new version of the Graphite Black?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Here's the latest shell for the Galaxy Purple Amico!

 

The new darker silver is AWESOME!

 

What do you think??

 

 

584071395_GalaxyPurpleshell01.thumb.jpg.76981c8eb4b17fd9b5f90aafdc0424a1.jpg

 

2060479774_GalaxyPurpleshell02.thumb.jpg.63938aebdc04e8a2f363697ecee6b900.jpg

 

I like the darker grey, looks more sophisticated IMHO.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...