Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

The E3 Amico presentation was okay.  I liked seeing Flying Tigers being shown.  That game looks good.  Also the Finnigan Fox fighting the frog boss was cool.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 2

Nice video but nothing really new 🙁and no release date mentioned …..

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 3

It was a nice video for the general public.  A few very brief glimpses at stuff like Dolphin and Flying Tigers, but not much else for this group.  I do like the idea of bringing my games to a friend's house through the controller.  I really wish we got the physical media reveal though!

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Ill be honest, that E3 presentation was bad. 

leading off with card game and farkle? 🥶. Sesame Street and Care Bears? No one at E3 wants to see those. The comments on Gamespot livestream were not favorable at all. 

No earthworm jim?   No launch date? 

Would of been nice to lead off with a video like this that is exciting. 

This video hits it out the park!

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Likelihood that the girl Jackie in the blue dress is a gamer, model or both. Likelihood, not fantasy. 

I wonder what the box art will look like for Imagic games on Amico?  Right now they're doing water colors for the physical media.  But maybe they'll do something different for the Imagic physical media?

• Like 4

I may have to take back my words about the Amico E3 segment. 

After 5 minutes of watching the E3 TakeTwo diversity and inclusive zoom panel, which is extremely lame and cringe.  At least Amico had games!!     

Well done team amico. Carry on. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

The presentation seemed clearly not aimed at us; this was about introducing the Amico to the wider gaming community, particularly the less hardcore gamer looking at E3. Might also make for easy news articles about the next "family console". I thought they did great. 

The only thing I personally thought was new to me was the ability to share your library temporarily by docking your controller. Does that mean the game data is on the controllers rather than the console? Is the Amico "box" mostly a docking station similar to the Switch? Did Tommy just not add that after docking the controller that Amico would need to download the games? Cool thing, anyway. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mockduck said:

The presentation seemed clearly not aimed at us; this was about introducing the Amico to the wider gaming community, particularly the less hardcore gamer looking at E3. Might also make for easy news articles about the next "family console". I thought they did great. 

The only thing I personally thought was new to me was the ability to share your library temporarily by docking your controller. Does that mean the game data is on the controllers rather than the console? Is the Amico "box" mostly a docking station similar to the Switch? Did Tommy just not add that after docking the controller that Amico would need to download the games? Cool thing, anyway.

I think the controller more represents you and your account, so when you tap it on a friend's controller it temporarily adds your games to their library. Of course with some sort of time limit but you can play there for, say, a day and then it disappears from their system.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

I think the controller more represents you and your account, so when you tap it on a friend's controller it temporarily adds your games to their library. Of course with some sort of time limit but you can play there for, say, a day and then it disappears from their system.

So the end console would still theoretically need to download the games? Sounds right, although I wonder if it is a time limited thing, or that the controller's original console gets the games back so to speak when the controller is re-connected. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

So the end console would still theoretically need to download the games? Sounds right, although I wonder if it is a time limited thing, or that the controller's original console gets the games back so to speak when the controller is re-connected. 

The original console gets the games back once the controller is reconnected.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

EDIT: Tommy just said in the E3 video "as long as my controller is there, my games are there as well" so it looks like I am totally off base with the "time limit" stuff:

Correct on being connected for the download. As far as how long and if it reverts back if the controller is reconnected to the base, I am really not sure. I am *guessing* because the guest console has to be connected to the Internet but the host console might not be, it would be a simple time limited system and not rely on the docking back & forth to trigger the game's availability. Could easily be wrong however. Tommy has hinted that ownership will be represented by non-fungible tokens (a rights ownership method spun out of cryptocurrency). This could theoretically mean that your ownership exists in a blockchain outside of Intellivision itself and potentially live on forever (or at least until the Internet collapses in the great bagel plague of 2097). Will be interesting to get the details on this.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

This could theoretically mean that your ownership exists in a blockchain outside of Intellivision itself and potentially live on forever (or at least until the Internet collapses in the great bagel plague of 2097).

OOF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2