Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

34 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

It looks like either Italy or the Netherlands will win the Euro this time. I hope it's the Netherlands (I don't cheer for my own country, Spain, for political reasons, since a couple of years ago, which is ironic because I cried as a child when they lost and celebrated their World Cup and Euros in 2008-2012).

Which European nation are you guys cheering for? (Yes, this is another offtopic, even if it's slightly Amico-related).

I’m half Spanish half Swede, so once Sweden is out of the competition (which is usually pretty early), I cheer for Spain 😁 I like the “underdogs”, so I have to cheer for Finland as well in this Eurocup.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

It looks like either Italy or the Netherlands will win the Euro this time. I hope it's the Netherlands (I don't cheer for my own country, Spain, for political reasons, since a couple of years ago, which is ironic because I cried as a child when they lost and celebrated their World Cup and Euros in 2008-2012).

Which European nation are you guys cheering for? (Yes, this is another offtopic, even if it's slightly Amico-related).

I was in Europe (specifically Belgium, Netherlands and Germany) during Euro 2000, so I am following those 3. I'm Irish and German, too. But no Ireland this time around.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Wow Phil was amazing and had lots of stories to tell about the business, a lot of behind the scenes Amico stuff covered too and a great chat - *highly* recommend this one

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

An interesting fact about this Euro for now is that many teams have been Mourinhized (i. e. defeated or pushed to a draw using an ultra-defensive strategy):

- Finland did this to Denmark winning 1-0

- Sweden did it to Spain by managing to end 0-0 and even having the biggest chance of the game with a post

- Czech Republic did it to Scotland by winning 2-0 scoring a goal from the midfield. A shame, Scotland attacked all match.

Who knows, maybe Amico Soccer can replicate this; when one team has the possession of the ball and keeps attacking, while the other concentrates on defending but has better chances with more spaces on the counter attack.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Utopia said:

Thats ridiculous. Vegemite is vastly superior to the  flavourless Marmite. There is also Promite which like Marmite is also rather bland.

Vegemite rocks!

Point proven. :-D 
For sure, they're both love-it or hate-it food! ;-) I never head of Promite!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

Wow Phil was amazing and had lots of stories to tell about the business, a lot of behind the scenes Amico stuff covered too and a great chat - *highly* recommend this one

I would be interested to hear something more from the Entertainment Aquisition guy, too.
Was he at the Intellivision party? (I really enjoyed the live-stream - a whole lot of staff.) :-o 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

An interesting fact about this Euro for now is that many teams have been Mourinhized (i. e. defeated or pushed to a draw using an ultra-defensive strategy):

- Finland did this to Denmark winning 1-0

- Sweden did it to Spain by managing to end 0-0 and even having the biggest chance of the game with a post

- Czech Republic did it to Scotland by winning 2-0 scoring a goal from the midfield. A shame, Scotland attacked all match.

Who knows, maybe Amico Soccer can replicate this; when one team has the possession of the ball and keeps attacking, while the other concentrates on defending but has better chances with more spaces on the counter attack.

This is similar to the Neutral Zone Trap style defense in Hockey.  It's extremely effective in holding a low scoring game to a win or a tie once you get ahead. 

In a simple description, it uses 3 players to act as a defensive push to trap the opposing three or two players on the attack into a corner, or against a wall where there is no where to go... hence the "trap".  Hard checking, and stick work loosens the puck, and you dump it back into the opposing zone, forgoing an attack in exchange for wasting valuable time.  It's boring to watch, but effective to win.

The Red Wings and Devils played this way in the late 90's to several Stanley Cup wins... but man.. the games were brutal to watch... ZZzzzz...

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

In case you missed this little bombshell about 2:00 minutes in, Tommy introduces the newest Intellivision employee Michael Koelsch, the original cover artist for Earthworm Jim 1 & 2. Gee, I wonder what project he might be contributing to? 🤔 😂

earthwormjimvideogame.thumb.jpg.8f7d33d3229a4b5c35eb9879393fdaa9.jpg

• Like 7

Skip 17:50 into the video... enthusiasm and also would be interested in more.

(This is not my usual video content but YouTube thought I would like this. I am wondering if this is because of how my E3 attendee avatar turned out looking...)

• Like 4

October is a ways away still, but I haven't heard - anything - in a long time about when that $100 I deposited will need to be $250 in order to get the console shipped to me. Anyone know a general time frame?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

October is a ways away still, but I haven't heard - anything - in a long time about when that $100 I deposited will need to be $250 in order to get the console shipped to me. Anyone know a general time frame?

I think Tommy said that IE will alert you by email a month ahead of time for when you have to pay the remainder off.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 4

One last thing before I go on vacation...

Wouldn't This Be Something?™

🥰😍😋

Biplanes_animated.thumb.gif.032979115a3048810de619eedbc37d89.gif

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

🥰😍😋

Yes it would be something.  Lol.  Have fun on your vacation.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Another little tidbit is that Jason Paige will be singing the theme to Back Talk Party. Don't know Jason Paige? 99% likely yes you do:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

🥰😍😋

Have a great holiday! Get some sleep, I think your going to need it! 😀👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

🥰😍😋

3D Cover art would be awesome!!! Lenticular technology has come a long way since the old Kelloggs Baseball cards!    

• Like 7

Aha! So, Amico game boxes could have lenticular artwork on them? I like the sound of this; the effect can look really impressive!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Mockduck said:

When it's ready to ship.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

🥰😍😋

That is something!  Enjoy your vacation. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

🥰😍😋

Tommy's put LSD in the water supply. He is a super villain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Yo!

I know that I'm so far behind on everything in here.  Probably 10 pages at this point!  I'll catch up. I'm probably hours behind!  Just been an absolutely crazy week as I'm sure you can imagine.

And, me & my wife planned a little cabin vacation around the timing of E3 so I'm not sure how much time I'll have while I'm on the road.  Although... I'm typically up 3 or 4 hours earlier than her so maybe I'll be able to sneak in some quality AA time!

In the meantime... wanted to share this article I just saw and have been sharing on social media.

We've been getting an incredibly positive reaction from the media, retailers and new fans since our E3 showcase!  And from a lot of folks who never knew about us or had casually heard about us.

Make sure to check out the hundreds upon hundreds of new and positive comments on our YouTube video of the presentation.  Really incredible! 

And only 1% of the folks who watched it (over 30,000 views at this writing) downvoted it. 

Here's a great article and example of what people are saying.

The article states...

"The Amico is arguably the most interesting announcement to come out of E3 this year, but it is a welcome one since it is the perfect device for people to easily share their love of gaming with those around them."

https://www.cgmagonline.com/2021/06/14/intellivision-amico/

Awesome Tommy! It sure feels like things are gearing up and becoming real! The closer we get to launch the more we'll hear about the Amico in the news!! Exciting stuff!
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Jack Burton 1 said:

For those interested in my Arcade 1UP Pong review I created a new thread.

I’m very interested . What is the link ?