Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

2 minutes ago, Silverbot said:

Did Tommy just say he’s coming to the UK! 😀👍🇬🇧

Yep and if loose lips on the Amico After Dark (I believe it was in one of the latest ones) are correct, sounds like he is stopping off somewhere in America even sooner! :)

The more Amico in the wild encounters the better, let the summer tour begin! 😃

• Like 3

I loved the article, except the very end.. There is a link about Doug TeNaple.

I doubt that this is the case. But what's up with this?  I don't want to bother the Developer who said this, but this is an odd statement to make. Anyone have a clue? Also was he approached to port the game over?

39 minutes ago, woobman said:

I doubt that this is the case. But what's up with this?  I don't want to bother the Developer who said this, but this is an odd statement to make. Anyone have a clue? Also was he approached to port the game over?

TenNapels is a controversial figure and that is probably the reason he is only a consultant on EWJ for the Amico. In the era of social media witch hunts (from *all* sides of the aisle, this isn't a pro one side or the other statement) it isn't too surprising a small number of people are going to take an 'all or nothing' stance. I hardly think this has effected Intellivision's ability to attract developers at all. In fact, Tommy has stated repeatedly they have more developers knocking on the door than they have money to fund the projects, so they have the opposite problem.

I am not going to knock Max for his stance, that is his personal decision & will probably cost him some lost revenue - you got to respect he is willing to pay for his position. I personally don't agree with Doug TenNapels' politics either but take a totally different tact. I still like Earthworm Jim (which is a lot bigger project than one person), am happy EWJ graphic novels were brought back on Kickstarter for the many, many fans & follow Doug on social media (just to see what is going on with EJW) - but I also actively support causes & organizations he probably doesn't like. If I decided to 'hate' everyone who has a different political view than my own, I would probably end up hating about 50% of the US. So I instead of hate, I promote the things I like & want to see happen, which is also why I support the Amico.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, woobman said:

... he tweets from his phone created by a guy who refused to acknowledge his own daughter for years and treated her mother like utter crap. Not a great guy, but he's willing to look past all that.

I don't get the "one guy who is working on one game on a new console once said something I don't like, so therefore I need to let the whole world know I reject everything associated with it."  I believe the definition for this is "virtue signalling."

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

TenNapels is a controversial figure and that is probably the reason he is only a consultant on EWJ for the Amico. In the era of social media witch hunts (from *all* sides of the aisle, this isn't a pro one side or the other statement) it isn't too surprising a small number of people are going to take an 'all or nothing' stance. I hardly think this has effected Intellivision's ability to attract developers at all. In fact, Tommy has stated repeatedly they have more developers knocking on the door than they have money to fund the projects, so they have the opposite problem.

I am not going to knock Max for his stance, that is his personal decision & will probably cost him some lost revenue - you got to respect he is willing to pay for his position. I personally don't agree with Doug TenNapels' politics either but take a totally different tact. I still like Earthworm Jim (which is a lot bigger project than one person), am happy EWJ graphic novels were brought back for the many, many fans on Kickstarter & follow Doug on social media (just to see what is going on with EJW) - but I also support causes & organizations he probably doesn't like. If I decided to 'hate' everyone who has a different political view than my own, I would probably end up hating about 50% of the US. So I instead of hate, I promote the things I like & want to see happen, which is also why I support the Amico.

It was just so out of place in such an upbeat article. It is a real shame that people will pick out one person in the 100's that make a product and totally dismiss the entirety of it. Not just for Amico. But for others as well. If we applied that to all aspects of our lives and entertainment options, we would be a very lonely people indeed. The music industry would implode. Sports. Movies. I even think the video game industry would  be hit hard with that logic. All just because of Politics.. Yuck. 

I am sure that if we were to line all of the regular posters on this forum, and had them spill all of their political and moral beliefs, there would be a wide variety of things.  I'm sure we could all meet at a local drinking establishment and some would have beer. Some would have hard liquor. Some would choose water. Others would go with a decaf beverage. But we'd all still have a great time!!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, woobman said:

I am sure that if we were to line all of the regular posters on this forum, and had them spill all of their political and moral beliefs, there would be a wide variety of things.  I'm sure we could all meet at a local drinking establishment and some would have beer. Some would have hard liquor. Some would choose water. Others would go with a decaf beverage. But we'd all still have a great time!!!!

Amen brother! With rare exception I find always find something in common with a person, no matter what their beliefs or backgrounds. In fact, every single person I have met that is interested in the Amico has been some of the most chill & fun people. When the Amico hits my door (and the 'rona leaves), I am going to hit up a local establishment in the Dallas area and see if they will give us a TV for an Amico party. No matter if you prefer beer, shots, water or locally sourced, hand mixed vegan avocado smoothies - all are welcome!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

Yep and if loose lips on the Amico After Dark (I believe it was in one of the latest ones) are correct, sounds like he is stopping off somewhere in America even sooner! :)

The more Amico in the wild encounters the better, let the summer tour begin! 😃

I hope it will be open to the public, as I will drive pretty much anywhere in the UK to have a go on Amico! 😀👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, vongruetz said:

... he tweets from his phone created by a guy who refused to acknowledge his own daughter for years and treated her mother like utter crap.

Yeah, but he made up for all that by naming a computer after her. (LISA)......

NOT.  He was pretty sh*tty in that regard.

Edited by Saldo

I've been thinking about what Amico games would be best to play with my 2 year old girl.  Right now she can play some original Intellivision games like Frog Bog where she only presses the disc down like it's one big button.  She also plays some Atari & Magnovox games with a large single button joystick.  She struggles with a D-pad, multibutton controllers, and thumbsticks, but is great with a touch screen tablet.

I know Tommy mentioned many games really only have one button, but which ones would be so simple that even a 2 year old could play?

I think she could play most of the motion sensor games (Cornhole), Care Bears, Sesame Street, and Hot Wheels.  Any others?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LinemanDoc said:

I've been thinking about what Amico games would be best to play with my 2 year old girl.  Right now she can play some original Intellivision games like Frog Bog where she only presses the disc down like it's one big button.  She also plays some Atari & Magnovox games with a large single button joystick.  She struggles with a D-pad, multibutton controllers, and thumbsticks, but is great with a touch screen tablet.

I know Tommy mentioned many games really only have one button, but which ones would be so simple that even a 2 year old could play?

I think she could play most of the motion sensor games (Cornhole), Care Bears, Sesame Street, and Hot Wheels.  Any others?

She struggles today but she will master it tomorrow.  She's only two... that's kind of a lot to expect from a new hand that doesn't have the muscle or bone development completed yet.  At 10 I taught my little girl a 2 second drop back, check down and throwing tight spirals on the run out of the pocket.

Besides... two is a wonderful age, which becomes three... then four... then 20 and starting a senior year at a big University 1200 miles from home with a new boyfriend who is in the USMC... 

Unplug the game and go to the park.. she'll be gone before you know it.. but what do I know... 

Shark Shark

The new Snafu version

Evel Knievel

and a few other pre-school games that were shown in the E3 video

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 9

On 6/16/2021 at 5:09 PM, IntelliMission said:

It looks like either Italy or the Netherlands will win the Euro this time. I hope it's the Netherlands (I don't cheer for my own country, Spain, for political reasons, since a couple of years ago, which is ironic because I cried as a child when they lost and celebrated their World Cup and Euros in 2008-2012).

Which European nation are you guys cheering for? (Yes, this is another offtopic, even if it's slightly Amico-related).

Netherlands 👍

• Like 4

Ya, she'll be able to play more games in just another year or two, but it's just so fun to see her playing at this age now 😀.  Evel Knievel multiplayer does look simple enough for her.  The original Snafu doesn't work for her.  Maybe the new version, Snafoo, will have a mode where you can't crash into a wall unless you get trapped.  That would work for her.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 6:31 PM, totalamico said:

Aha! So, Amico game boxes could have lenticular artwork on them? I like the sound of this; the effect can look really impressive!

It would be nice if the effect was present in the main menu on the Amico when you are scrolling through games to pick one. 

• Like 5

I am considering getting the Atari pub table but space is an issue. I am getting it mainly for Warlords which willing be coming to the Amico and 4 player Pong. Does anyone know if the Amico version of pong will have 4 player support ? Of course a spinner is the best way to play these 2 games but they might control very well with the Amico touch screen. It might be overkill for me to buy the pub table. 

Edited by Cranker

2 hours ago, LinemanDoc said:

Ya, she'll be able to play more games in just another year or two, but it's just so fun to see her playing at this age now 😀.  Evel Knievel multiplayer does look simple enough for her.  The original Snafu doesn't work for her.  Maybe the new version, Snafoo, will have a mode where you can't crash into a wall unless you get trapped.  That would work for her.

You honestly hit the two best games for little kids.  Frog Bog and Shark! Shark!   

There is a game in the old version of Snafu, I forget the game number, but it's an easy two-player game that you chase each other around biting your tails until one is gone.  She'll love that.

I wish I had a video of how loud my daughter laughed when we played that one together.  LOL.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Silverbot said:

I hope it will be open to the public, as I will drive pretty much anywhere in the UK to have a go on Amico! 😀👍

Same here!  :)

• Like 4

I am considering getting the Atari pub table but space is an issue. I am getting it mainly for Warlords which willing be coming to the Amico and 4 player Pong. Does anyone know if the Amico version of pong will have 4 player support ? Of course a spinner is the best way to play these 2 games but they might control very well with the Amico touch screen. It might be overkill for me to buy the pub table. 
Yeah I would love if Warlords and Pong were to be confirmed for Amico. I've only heard rumblings but never anything official. And I just can't imagine if they were to come out for Amico that they wouldn't be at least 4 player. I would like 8 player versions.

I really like the original version of the games, hence my purchase of the pub table, but reimagined versions would be incredible.

Keep in mind that with the chip shortages the system may not be released for quite a while. We just don't know. And even when it is released who knows how long until Warlords/Pong would be released, if ever. I factored all of that into my decision to get the pub table. This way I can play for the next year while I wait for Amico Pong and Warlords.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

• Like 2