Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Jack Burton 1 said:

Yeah I would love if Warlords and Pong were to be confirmed for Amico. I've only heard rumblings but never anything official. And I just can't imagine if they were to come out for Amico that they wouldn't be at least 4 player. I would like 8 player versions.

I really like the original version of the games, hence my purchase of the pub table, but reimagined versions would be incredible.

Keep in mind that with the chip shortages the system may not be released for quite a while. We just don't know. And even when it is released who knows how long until Warlords/Pong would be released, if ever. I factored all of that into my decision to get the pub table. This way I can play for the next year while I wait for Amico Pong and Warlords.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
 

I agree with all That but I believe Pong is a launch game and Warlords in a confirmed game probably coming out in 2022 hopefully! I do realize the pub table would be a different experience. I wish I could buy everything !! Lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh here brings up a good point: there's no real "full-featured" bowling game that's currently on the market. Do you folks think Intellivision and its bowling developer might be able to step up to the bat?

 

I'm suddenly reminded of what we've seen of Intellivision Cornhole's customization features.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Battlefish said:

Josh here brings up a good point: there's no real "full-featured" bowling game that's currently on the market. Do you folks think Intellivision and its bowling developer might be able to step up to the bat?

 

I'm suddenly reminded of what we've seen of Intellivision Cornhole's customization features.

I just hope the bowling is not like the third party Wii bowling games, which had a myriad of cool environments, but which were basically direct ports of standard controller games that made practically no use of motion controls except using the swing like a throw button. I would like to see the cool environments along with curve/spin and throw direction determined by motion controls, even if as an option. A kids mode could have the simplified version.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Besides... two is a wonderful age, which becomes three... then four... then 20 and starting a senior year at a big University 1200 miles from home with a new boyfriend who is in the USMC... 

Ain’t it the truth....US Army Airborne and US Air Force in my case!  I have three girls, 26 & 24 (24 are twins). The one twin is a police officer and is with a civilian.  Both the boyfriends are no longer in the military.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason the pictures in Tweets never show up on my PC (they do on my phone for some reason) so just in case people don't twitter or miss it - here is the official Fathers Day greeting from Intellivision:

 

1533596422_HappyFathersDay.thumb.jpg.4aefcafb6349acab36ff656d28eae310.jpg

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-coffee-mugs-breaking-bad-walt-gale.thumb.png.a88e9a8038b7e68acbea2618e187f615.png

Is that where Tommy makes his special Kool Aid so people support the Amico -or- where he earns his money to pay his shills because nobody would ever want a family friendly, retro inspired, casual coop gaming console otherwise? 🤪🤣

 

Real Fake Journalist

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CHOC Children's Foundation* bid for the special signed Amico shell has closed at $2,125.00, that was the highest bid of all of the auction items. Lots of money raised for a good cause, congrats to all of the donors & bidders!

 

*CHOC is a nonprofit hospital/medical outreach that treats over 150,000 children annually in Orange County CA, regardless of their ability to pay

 

image.thumb.png.2bedeeacef4d8702d13e56d1e710392a.png

  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

The CHOC Children's Foundation* bid for the special signed Amico shell has closed at $2,125.00, that was the highest bid of all of the auction items. Lots of money raised for a good cause, congrats to all of the donors & bidders!

 

To be fair to the person who actually pays in the end - the winner - congrats to TonyTGD.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to take a quick look at the new vertical scrolling shooter Flying Tigers we got to see in the E3 presentation:

 

It was a pretty brief clip but we got to see several enemy types (including some Zeppelins, not sure if those are enemies, screen hazards or just background) and several plane types including a mega bomber boss. A few things of note, it looks like we get chain blast explosions to take out closely grouped enemies (an intact plane blows up a a few frames prior to the top picture creating that double blast), military medals which are probably powerups & ammo and red target areas on the bad guys planes which I assume is what you need to hit to take them out. Looks like you can get at least two hero planes (or maybe that is just powerup upgrades as you go along), notice the first & second hero planes in the pictures. Also looks like there is an avatar which you probably get to pick from at the start of the game in the upper left, along with the score (notice the period instead of a comma, very likely it is a non America/British developer (Spain? Brazil?) unless those are some crazy version numbers or something). In overall style notice the old time vignette corners.

 

Obviously not a simulation or concerned about historical accuracy, but instead is very 1942 series looking (which is a good thing - right in the Amico's wheelhouse). We needed a vertical scroller and here is probably the first one to ship.

 

1781484889_FlyingTigers.thumb.png.191740a16c2117081f6d6f99940a3298.png

 

 

image.thumb.png.f3b8ce45f58e02ad2364ecbd09b93dfd.png

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

Obviously not a simulation or concerned about historical accuracy, but instead is very 1942 series looking (which is a good thing - right in the Amico's wheelhouse). We needed a vertical scroller and here is probably the first one to ship.

This game looks awesome.  I like vertical shooters.  Can't wait to play this on Amico.  Hopefully it gets a physical version.  It would be cool if Flying Tigers had a story mode.  Perhaps an arcade mode or boss mode too.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

This game looks awesome.  I like vertical shooters.  Can't wait to play this on Amico.  Hopefully it gets a physical version.

I am big fan of vertical oriented arcade style games generally (one of my goals is to put together a vertical cabinet) so right there with you! A vertical scroller was an obvious missing element from the Amico retro style lineup & Tommy is putting his love of the Flying Tigers to good use here to give us one, also can't wait to try this one out :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

This game looks awesome.  I like vertical shooters.  Can't wait to play this on Amico.  Hopefully it gets a physical version.

Now I need to explain to my wife how I need a rotating TV mount. :)  I have a few excuses now.  Breakout... This... Maybe Tempest. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

I just wanted to take a quick look at the new vertical scrolling shooter Flying Tigers we got to see in the E3 presentation:

 

It was a pretty brief clip but we got to see several enemy types (including some Zeppelins, not sure if those are enemies, screen hazards or just background) and several plane types including a mega bomber boss. A few things of note, it looks like we get chain blast explosions to take out closely grouped enemies (an intact plane blows up a a few frames prior to the top picture creating that double blast), military medals which are probably powerups & ammo and red target areas on the bad guys planes which I assume is what you need to hit to take them out. Looks like you can get at least two hero planes (or maybe that is just powerup upgrades as you go along), notice the first & second hero planes in the pictures. Also looks like there is an avatar which you probably get to pick from at the start of the game in the upper left, along with the score (notice the period instead of a comma, very likely it is a non America/British developer (Spain? Brazil?) unless those are some crazy version numbers or something). In overall style notice the old time vignette corners.

 

Obviously not a simulation or concerned about historical accuracy, but instead is very 1942 series looking (which is a good thing - right in the Amico's wheelhouse). We needed a vertical scroller and here is probably the first one to ship.

 

1781484889_FlyingTigers.thumb.png.191740a16c2117081f6d6f99940a3298.png

 

 

image.thumb.png.f3b8ce45f58e02ad2364ecbd09b93dfd.png

 

One of my most anticipated games! That and Cloudy Mountain!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

Obviously not a simulation or concerned about historical accuracy, but instead is very 1942 series looking (which is a good thing - right in the Amico's wheelhouse). We needed a vertical scroller and here is probably the first one to ship.

 

1781484889_FlyingTigers.thumb.png.191740a16c2117081f6d6f99940a3298.png

 

 

image.thumb.png.f3b8ce45f58e02ad2364ecbd09b93dfd.png

 

There's definitely some accuracy to the sprites... In the first pic, the player looks like the wingset of a P-40 Kittyhawk and the engine of a P-47 Thunderbolt and the enemy is an Me-262.  The bomber looks like either a Ju-88 or Ju-188.  

 

The second shot looks like a twin engine variation of an Me-264 Amerikabomber.  

 

I love it...  I'm happy they went to this detail.  I realize what I see might not be what it is, but to a WWII aviation buff, it's nice to see a WWII themed game leaning towards details like this.  

 

Ju-88, Me262, Me264

 

 

 

 

szcscd.png

unnamed (1).gif

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1995-042-37,_Schwerer_Bomber_Messerschmitt_Me_264_V1.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

 

The Galaxy Purple Amico being available at EB Games is new, but EB Games being a Canadian retailer isn't new...they sent out this list of retail partners in a press release last year:

Retailers.thumb.PNG.ad1160dd02b4eae6e2822d0339e86d31.PNG

Looking forward to finally being able to point friends towards an actual Canadian retailer to order Amico.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there it is $339.99 CAD for the Black and White versions, $379.99 CAD for the Purple version.  I am pleased with those prices....I thought they'd be higher.

 

https://www.ebgames.ca/EB Games/Games/883737/intellivision-amico-black-console

https://www.ebgames.ca/EB Games/Games/883736/intellivision-amico-purple-console-exclusive-to-eb-games-canada

 

One thing I am surprised about is that the prices of games will range from $2.99 to $9.99 CAD.  Since those are the same numbers as listed on GameStop in USD, I figured they would cost somewhat more in CAD. 

 

AmicoGamesCostCanada.thumb.jpg.b51017b776a95bd28bdaf17e94cf19b2.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Predictions for this next month and beyond-

July - We will learn the officially what the 6th pack-in game will be.

July - We get the thumbs up that All Pre-orders will ship on time. So will the games. And accessories.

July - Retail will see a steady stream of units. Pretty much shipping on time. (after an initial shortage).

July-September - We'll get more teases for the next wave of games.

August - September - final reveal of physical media. With Teases through Summer

FAR OUT PREDICTION August - September - We find out that one of the chips that they cannot get is the RFID chip inside the physical media.  This was part of the delay. They have a new supplier or they are no longer constrained.

October - Pre orders ship with the original version of the motherboard.  Not like they can just junk those chips that are constrained as they have been pre-purchasing parts for over a year and have been stockpiling them. 

October - (Alternative to the above). At least 1, maybe 2 other revisions will be ready to go as well. Each have some different component layouts to make up for the one's they are having trouble getting. Thus insuring a steady stream of systems.

 

Behind the scenes - August - September - If financially viable -- Pre-orders/Retail units ship only with the Rev 2/3/4? motherboard. The Constrained Chips, can be sold to other companies that need them as they will still be hard to get. Possibly at the same cost to Intellvision. Or a slight profit to the company. At least they are not losing any money on the deal. And you still get the product on time.

 

I believe if there was a better than decent chance of the Amico being delayed again, the presentation would have had a different tone. And we'd be getting a little different news and vive from the media. It still seems like there was a heck of a lot of good things said. And of course a few bad things from more or less the usual people.

 

Thoughts? predictions of your own. When Tommy plays catch up I'm sure he'll get a big chuckle of some of these as we don't know what is really happening. I'd love to see a documentary on the behind the scenes making of the Amico. I may have mentioned that before.  Maybe an interactive timeline/game/documentary that we can purchase on the App Store. That would be fun.

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigDumer said:

Well, there it is $339.99 CAD for the Black and White versions, $379.99 CAD for the Purple version.  I am pleased with those prices....I thought they'd be higher.

 

https://www.ebgames.ca/EB Games/Games/883737/intellivision-amico-black-console

https://www.ebgames.ca/EB Games/Games/883736/intellivision-amico-purple-console-exclusive-to-eb-games-canada

 

One thing I am surprised about is that the prices of games will range from $2.99 to $9.99 CAD.  Since those are the same numbers as listed on GameStop in USD, I figured they would cost somewhat more in CAD. 

 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68AmicoGamesCostCanada.thumb.jpg.b51017b776a95bd28bdaf17e94cf19b2.jpg

At current exchange, US$250 is CA$309, but it's probably wise to guard against the US dollar going up.  Pricing software is less risky for IE, but despite what the EB Games page says, I'd still wait and see what it actually is for Amico games in Canada.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigDumer said:

Well, there it is $339.99 CAD for the Black and White versions, $379.99 CAD for the Purple version.  I am pleased with those prices....I thought they'd be higher.

 

https://www.ebgames.ca/EB Games/Games/883737/intellivision-amico-black-console

https://www.ebgames.ca/EB Games/Games/883736/intellivision-amico-purple-console-exclusive-to-eb-games-canada

 

One thing I am surprised about is that the prices of games will range from $2.99 to $9.99 CAD.  Since those are the same numbers as listed on GameStop in USD, I figured they would cost somewhat more in CAD. 

 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68AmicoGamesCostCanada.thumb.jpg.b51017b776a95bd28bdaf17e94cf19b2.jpg

Ordered... Purple one is all mine baby!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone has talked about the Amico in any media yet in Australia and when I do a google search the result is Amico branded kids playground equipment.

I look forward to some local press releases.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...