Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, Utopia said:

I don't think anyone has talked about the Amico in any media yet in Australia and when I do a google search the result is Amico branded kids playground equipment.

I look forward to some local press releases.

If I remember right Australia was part of a second launch first was USA, Canada, Europe, UK, Middle East but it’s been a while so I may be wrong 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blarneo said:

Hey everybody. Thought I'd check in.:waving:

Hey Blarneo I hope all is good with you and yours

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blarneo said:

Hey everybody. Thought I'd check in.:waving:

Where have you been?

I hope everything has been alright in your life!👍

• Like 6

19 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

The CHOC Children's Foundation* bid for the special signed Amico shell has closed at $2,125.00, that was the highest bid of all of the auction items. Lots of money raised for a good cause, congrats to all of the donors & bidders!

*CHOC is a nonprofit hospital/medical outreach that treats over 150,000 children annually in Orange County CA, regardless of their ability to pay

image.thumb.png.2bedeeacef4d8702d13e56d1e710392a.png

Do we know who won it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Do we know who won it?

TonyTGD. The dude put up serious coin that will help a charity - it takes nothing from anyone to acknowledge his contribution.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Do we know who won it?

It's no mystery.
It was TonyTGD, who dug in his pocket for a good cause, and deserves the recognition.
There's a thread, and he posted it on his Twitter, I believe, which somebody has posted.

No matter what his opinion on Intellivision and Amico is, he's clearly got a big heart,
being "The Gamer Dad", and he's likely not a millionaire himself, but cares about kids.

He also contributed a good sum towards Atari Creep's Alzheimer research campaign.

• Like 7

In today's episode of Where in the World is Hans Ippisch?

"It feels great to be back in Warsaw after 29 months, completing an important milestone for Intellivision! Stay tuned!"

image.thumb.png.c9b8f6c0cc2938990c88c6ee2074d249.png

Sing it Rockapella!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

In today's episode of Where in the World is Hans Ippisch?

"It feels great to be back in Warsaw after 29 months, completing an important milestone for Intellivision! Stay tuned!"

image.thumb.png.c9b8f6c0cc2938990c88c6ee2074d249.png

I love Warsaw, the Hard Rock Cafe by Stalin's "gift", and it's great Intellivision will get a Polish distributor, but...
"Dear Hans, come to Amsterdam, yes, visit the Koch media office. Hey, send a PM, I would buy you a good beer." ;-)
The Amico has Dutch language, but not Dutch distribution to-date... that can't be right.

• Like 6

On 6/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, wolfy62 said:

Where have you been?

I hope everything has been alright in your life!👍

Covid hiding. LOL. But I've been yapping at Marcus' group on Facebook as well. 

• Like 3

Who Am I Shill'n For Today?™

The Intellivision classic, Night Stalker

(the FOR COLOR TV VIEWING ONLY still makes me smile every time)

IMG_2425.thumb.jpg.6f41d259f3ef59e80648e17f0a16f6dd.jpg

• Like 9

Amico playing with the big boys and Girls now! Did any Amico Games make this list ?  Tune in and find out! 

• Like 6

Just curious, while I see the re-imagined versions of the old games (for great reasons), I am wondering, does anyone know if are there any plans of releasing an "Intellivision Lives" set of classic games for the Amico system at some point?  I think it would be great to play the old games using the new controllers!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Old Timey Retro Gamer said:

Just curious, while I see the re-imagined versions of the old games (for great reasons), I am wondering, does anyone know if are there any plans of releasing an "Intellivision Lives" set of classic games for the Amico system at some point?  I think it would be great to play the old games using the new controllers!

This is a good news/bad news sort of answer -  Bad news first - I don't think there will be a "Intellivision Lives" type collection.  Good news -  Tommy has stated on more than one occasion that they would release (eventually) packs of games. Each with 3 or so games.  So we will eventually get all the INTV games.  Games from 3rd Parties are, hopefully, eventually, coming out. A deal just has to be worked out. 

• Like 5

I have a question I’m hoping Tommy can answer. I understand that there are a few components that are missing (hopefully not anymore) to begin production of the Amico. My question is about the 6 pack in games. Are they 100% compete and ready to go ? I have heard 98% many times, but assume that they must be 100% complete before production of the console can begin. 98% to 100% can be days , weeks or months. If the games are complete then that’s great, but if not then a delay is certain. I am wondering if it’s the games not being complete that is as big or possibly even a bigger problem than the missing components. Something just doesn’t feel right. I understand it will come out when it comes out, but that statement will get old very soon. I feel like there might be many more issues than missing components. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 2