Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, Cranker said:

I have a question I’m hoping Tommy can answer. I understand that there are a few components that are missing (hopefully not anymore) to begin production of the Amico. My question is about the 6 pack in games. Are they 100% compete and ready to go ? I have heard 98% many times, but assume that they must be 100% complete before production of the console can begin. 98% to 100% can be days , weeks or months. If the games are complete then that’s great, but if not then a delay is certain. I am wondering if it’s the games not being complete that is as big or possibly even a bigger problem than the missing components. Something just doesn’t feel right. I understand it will come out when it comes out, but that statement will get old very soon. I feel like there might be many more issues than missing components. 

I would assume though it’s possible I’m wrong that a game can’t get 100% done until they can optimize it for what will be the final system and since they were talking about maybe changing a couple parts out if they could get the units out that way.  My thinking is that they are as close to done and optimized as there can be with 1 or 2 days left of optimization once the final system configuration is set 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Alpha82 said:

I would assume though it’s possible I’m wrong that a game can’t get 100% done until they can optimize it for what will be the final system and since they were talking about maybe changing a couple parts out if they could get the units out that way.  My thinking is that they are as close to done and optimized as there can be with 1 or 2 days left of optimization once the final system configuration is set 

I hope that’s the case 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cranker said:

I have a question I’m hoping Tommy can answer. I understand that there are a few components that are missing (hopefully not anymore) to begin production of the Amico. My question is about the 6 pack in games. Are they 100% compete and ready to go ? I have heard 98% many times, but assume that they must be 100% complete before production of the console can begin. 98% to 100% can be days , weeks or months. If the games are complete then that’s great, but if not then a delay is certain. I am wondering if it’s the games not being complete that is as big or possibly even a bigger problem than the missing components. Something just doesn’t feel right. I understand it will come out when it comes out, but that statement will get old very soon. I feel like there might be many more issues than missing components. 

Software/game development is manageable, component shortages might not be.  So I'd say component shortages is the bigger problem.

4 hours ago, Alpha82 said:

It's been said that the hardware changes they are talking about to workaround current component shortages, are 100% software compatible and wouldn't require recompilation or reoptimization of software.

• Like 7

I don't think anyone posted this guy's YouTube channel.  He has some criticism about the updated trailer, but overall seems pretty fair and balanced.  I enjoyed it and agree with him on many points.

• Like 6

And I though Night Stalker or Cloudy Mountain would be my favorite. Then Flying Tigers comes along and looks amazing. That will learn me to pick favorites this far out. I'm just going to wait patiently for the goodness that is coming.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Who'da thunk that nice little Jewish boy (Mike Mullis) had such a fire in his belly. :lol:

Dude got heated! 🔥🔥🔥

angry-dude.gif.ed54f158760cacbe8667943958a18e17.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Who'da thunk that nice little Jewish boy (Mike Mullis) had such a fire in his belly. :lol:

Dude got heated! 🔥🔥🔥

angry-dude.gif.ed54f158760cacbe8667943958a18e17.gif

It got crazy last night.  So much anger and yelling.  Emperor Palpatine would say:

I can feel your anger

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, GrudgeQ said:

Pretty cool things in this one. Even the box sounds like it's a lot of fun.  Not just a "black box".  I'm hoping for something like what happened when you open an older  Intel NUC box.  Other things as well.  I don't want to give away all of it. A good conversation. Learned a few new things.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, woobman said:

Pretty cool things in this one. Even the box sounds like it's a lot of fun.  Not just a "black box".  I'm hoping for something like what happened when you open an older  Intel NUC box.  Other things as well.  I don't want to give away all of it. A good conversation. Learned a few new things.

That was actually an old interview that I posted without checking first (doh!) but it is a great one. I want to see what they do with the box, certainly some sort of a surprise (or two) planned. I like that Intellivision is going for quality generally. For example, the controller plastics feel good, what you would expect from an official XBox or PS style controller. I have bought a fair amount knockoff controllers and hand held game systems in my day and I really appreciate a quality plastic & build.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I don’t see any pre-order for extra Amico controllers in EB Games Canada 🇨🇦! Maybe they removed it ? $99.99 would be very cheap for 2 controllers in Canada ! That would mean $34.99-$39.99 max in US funds. I believe Tommy was saying 50-60 US per controller so this Canadian price might be wrong. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

That new game Scarlet Nexus is about 100 hours long.  Could you imagine an Amico game being that long.  Lol.

Yes, "The Amico Kid" has that covered.
(Also, see Brett Weiss playing that at the Texas games museum.);-)

Direct jump to the longest Amico gameplay see so far, Moon Patrol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I don’t see any pre-order for extra Amico controllers in EB Games Canada 🇨🇦! Maybe they removed it ? $99.99 would be very cheap for 2 controllers in Canada ! It seems to cheap. That would mean $34.99-$39.99 max in US funds. 

I just searched, and they're there. It says "Controller" though, not controllers. Tax is higher in Canada?
https://www.ebgames.ca/EB Games/Games/883739/intellivision-controller-purple-eb-games-exclusive

ebg_amico.thumb.JPG.30af3df8fdc304d74f62e95b5d56a3be.JPG

They're 69.95 EUR in Germany... which is 102 Canadian dollars, EACH.
https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_intellivision-amico-2676625.html

• Like 4

He wasn't impressed by the new Intellivision Amico 2021 trailer, so he improved it!

(Linemandoc posted the original criticism video... up the page. Very constructive.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, justclaws said:

I just searched, and they're there. It says "Controller" though, not controllers. Tax is higher in Canada?
https://www.ebgames.ca/EB Games/Games/883739/intellivision-controller-purple-eb-games-exclusive

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68

They're 69.95 EUR in Germany... which is 102 Canadian dollars, EACH.
https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_intellivision-amico-2676625.html

The special edition purple controllers are priced higher than the standard black or white ones.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

The special edition purple controllers are priced higher than the standard black or white ones.

Interesting. I didn't realise they were limited edition.

In that case, the 102 Canadian dollars equivalent (for the ordinary black ones) is not good for us in Europe. Purple will be more?
We always end up paying more in Europe, so I'm not surprised, but it just never occurred to me that purple controllers are LE. :-o 
It makes sense I suppose, as the purple console is LE.

amico_german.thumb.JPG.6b7c24a54293c17d9de5a08655e8f020.JPG

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I just Pre-ordered 2 purple controllers at EB games Canada 🇨🇦 !! $99.99 is a great price I think. I don’t see any white or black ones but I will keep an eye out since I want a total

if 8 controllers !  Maybe the white and black ones will be $89.99 in Canada ? This is much cheaper than I thought they would be from what Tommy mentioned in several interviews.

Now please get me my FE on Oct 10 !!!

😀

• Like 4
  • Confused 1