Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

42 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

This should be a boss character in an Amico game.  Lol.

finnegan-fox-end-boss-the-angry-mullins-monkey.thumb.png.3d5c536aa9852288fc93ad6ba88294a6.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

If the controllers are around 70-100 ea then maybe its better to just get a second Amico for the two controllers and systen. It begs the question though: where is all of the technology. In the Controller or Main Unit? It seems to me the main unit might be more like my switch dock with LEDs.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JasperAK said:

If the controllers are around 70-100 ea then maybe its better to just get a second Amico for the two controllers and systen. It begs the question though: where is all of the technology. In the Controller or Main Unit? It seems to me the main unit might be more like my switch dock with LEDs.

I’d say $80 for the console, $60 for each controller and $50 for the pack ins. $5 off each if not for covid. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Swami said:

I’d say $80 for the console, $60 for each controller and $50 for the pack ins. $5 off each if not for covid. 

I think $60 usd for a controller is a fair price. I’d have no problem paying that.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, JasperAK said:

Good point!  Considering you can take your games with you to a friends house by taking your controller with you, I'm inclined to say the technology is in the controller.

• Like 3

The console has far more processing power, graphics power, RAM, and storage memory than the controllers.  It happens that it's the small display controller chips that are in short supply and driving up prices.  To save a few bucks get the standard black or white controllers.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 3

On 6/25/2021 at 7:34 AM, Michael Garvey said:

I believe you mean Mike Garvey.   Mullis was upset but reasoned.  The Mike Garvey was mental.  🤣 

What the- !!!  Is this the return of Mike Garvey???  And he just casually slips in?  So many questions...  Did you see your shout out by John in the video?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who Am I Shill'n For Today?™

The week long Shill'n marathon is almost over, second last is perhaps the OGest of the OG god games - Utopia!

IMG_2453.thumb.jpg.d74d238e8aebcadf71d981775736659e.jpg

• Like 8

Going back to the controllers. If they are indeed $100 in Canada. That most likely means $70US. (Even though $100 CDN is $80US at today’s exchange rate) Currency fluctuations are usually taken into account in the company’s favor , for example the Amico is $339 in Canada which equals $275 US at today’s exchange rate. We always get screwed in Canada and not in a good way ! Lol  So the price while quite high is not that far off from the estimated $60 price (50-60 was mentioned I believe which meant at least 60) that was hinted at by Tommy. Still seems shocking since I wanted 6 extra controllers for 8 player action  !!! $60US and $80 CDN (just like first party switch game prices) would be better accepted by consumers I think. $100 CND will freak us out in Canada 🇨🇦 and will destroy the “A” in SAFE 😮

I will buy it all either way but then again, I bought the Phillips CD-I for $799US ! Lol

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Going back to the controllers. If they are indeed $100 in Canada. That most likely means $70US. (Even though $100 CDN is $80US at today’s exchange rate) Currency fluctuations are usually taken into account in the company’s favor , for example the Amico is $339 in Canada which equals $275 US at today’s exchange rate. We always get screwed in Canada and not in a good way ! Lol  So the price while quite high is not that far off from the estimated $60 price (50-60 was mentioned I believe which meant at least 60) that was hinted at by Tommy. Still seems shocking since I wanted 6 extra controllers for 8 player action  !!! $60US and $80 CDN (just like first party switch game prices) would be better accepted by consumers I think. $100 CND will freak us out in Canada 🇨🇦 and will destroy the “A” in SAFE 😮

Not to get political, but, yeah, having lived in the USA and Canada, despite free trade, there is a complete lack of any in-sync record reporting between the two, be it banks, insurance companies or department stores. Moving it from one system to another gets it price jacked. I tried ordering a Zune back in 2000 from the USA while in Canada because it was $50 cheaper in the USA and by the time it got to me, I was paying $30 more for it. Then there's the 15% sales tax in Canada.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Swami said:

Not to get political, but, yeah, having lived in the USA and Canada, despite free trade, there is a complete lack of any in-sync record reporting between the two, be it banks, insurance companies or department stores. Moving it from one system to another gets it price jacked. I tried ordering a Zune back in 2000 from the USA while in Canada because it was $50 cheaper in the USA and by the time it got to me, I was paying $30 more for it. Then there's the 15% sales tax in Canada.

Yes so with tax, the cost would be 115 per controller in Canada assuming 100 is the correct  price  🇨🇦 😩

Edited by Cranker
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, mr_me said:

The console has far more processing power, graphics power, RAM, and storage memory than the controllers.  It happens that it's the small display controller chips that are in short supply and driving up prices.  To save a few bucks get the standard black or white controllers.

Was it announced somewhere that "the small display controller chips" are the problem?

I would be very happy to buy an Amico without controllers, and just use mobile phones if that's the case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justclaws said:

Was it announced somewhere that "the small display controller chips" are the problem?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/display-driver-shortage-reportedly-drives-up-lcd-prices

And here's some good news about production rebounding in the second half of 2021.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/28/ford-ceo-expects-chip-shortage-impact-to-bottom-in-second-quarter.html

Edit:

And just so people know, sales tax in Canada varies by province.  It can be as high as 15% in Quebec and as low as 5% in Alberta.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 5

I see anti Amico rhetoric has picked up again recently. People really need a new hobby.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zee said:

I see anti Amico rhetoric has picked up again recently. People really need a new hobby.

To which posts are you referring to ?

• Like 1

To which posts are you referring to ?

Not here. I'm specifically talking about YouTube and Twitter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zee said:

Not here. I'm specifically talking about YouTube and Twitter

Ahhh …..always ! Very weird to make so many videos about a product you are not interested in / hate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zee said:

I think they made a mistake with their E3 presentation, and it’s hurt the appeal of the product. I was all in until I watched that- now I am much less enthusiastic. I think the presentation is partly to blame for the uptick in negativity. Show complete game footage, for multiple titles- that would help get things back on track I think.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:47 PM, justclaws said:

He wasn't impressed by the new Intellivision Amico 2021 trailer, so he improved it!

(Linemandoc posted the original criticism video... up the page. Very constructive.)

I appreciated both his edited video and his comments.  Thanks for sharing this- he was more articulate about my issues with the trailer(s) than I was :)  

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zee said:

Because they have something, anything, new to trash on. It could have been everything the critics are saying it should have been and the result would likely have been the same because it is not about what it seems to be.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 2:06 PM, jerseystyle said:

Sorry man, no one who gets that upset over this kind of stuff is "worth listening to".  Another guy on the panel even pointed that out, asking him why he was yelling so much about a product that isn't even his.  It was an embarrassment, and the fact that he called himself a journalist (or claimed to be one back in the day- I have no idea who that dude is) was gross.  If he walked into a room, I would walk out just to get away from that energy.

i don't know i think a person getting upset over a person getting upset over this kind of stuff is more embarrassing 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, ASalvaro said:

i don't know i think a person getting upset over a person getting upset over this kind of stuff is more embarrassing 

I think a person getting upset over a person getting upset over a person getting upset is MOST embarrassingest times infinity, so I WIN.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ASalvaro said:

I don't know if I would say I got upset- I wasn't yelling and screaming, hopping out of my chair, etc . . . I wrote out a response to a Youtube video that was posted for discussion in this forum.  In my response I wasn't cursing, wildly gesticulating . . . I'll say this again- if you put yourself on Youtube yelling and cursing, then I am not sure you (or your defenders) can be all that put out with people commenting on that.  I wasn't angry watching that, I was just embarrassed and felt bad for that Mullins dude.  NONE of this should make anyone that angry unless it is their company/product, which was pointed out by another person on that same panel.  Or is your perspective coming from the angle that any criticism is "hating"?

• Like 2