Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

I dunno man, its a bit of a stretch to imply that Nintendo is scared of the Amico so is paying off a respected site to "kill it".  I actually didn't think it was that bad of an article, because no one has ever said (including Tommy) that this was a hi tech piece of kit.  It's always been affordable, fun over realism, etc, so I didn't really see any issue with the article.  Their biggest issue seemed to be the framerates and graphic limits on the controller but, again, no one has ever claimed this was be a Wii U style gamepad.  I figured it was a more fancy Dreamcast type bit, and was fine with that.

I didn't say Nintendo hired them, that's the kind of ridiculous thing the Amico critics say about Amico fans. I just meant most of the haters are Nintendo fanboys and that is probably the "sources with knowledge about Amico", like Rat and Peon refer to as getting their info from. I don't dislike Nintendo fanboys, I dislike the elitist ones. People bashing the Amico and then if you say something negative about Nintendo, they're all like "stop bashing Nintendo" and then they go back to bashing the Amico. Trust me, you go to the Analogue or Nintendo sub-forums and start criticizing something from them and you will get a lot of push-back. If you tell the people complaining about Amico fans not being able to take criticism that the same thing happens other places and give them an example, they'll take the side of the people in those forums giving push-back.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pac in Blac said:

We can argue all day whether these specs are supposed "warning signs" or not but without a final, tested, 100% ready-to-go product in hand, we just won't know for sure.

I fully agree with this.  I have many concerns about Amico this year, but am still very much looking forward to its release.  I probably share many of the same feelings that Cranker has described recently.  My biggest issue is that I don't have an actual Amico to play with.

I've watched, commented on, agreed with, and disagreed with many of the recent YouTube videos about Amico and come to the conclusion that most of the problems I see in Amico won't really matter to me once I get it in my hands.  It's just a toy after all.  I'll either have fun with it or I won't.

• Like 8

Come on guys, this is great publicity!

This is a great test of faith and is totally the time to shine the brightest!!

The spec's are what most assumed a long long time ago, Tommy should be championing this with his openness, honesty and laughter... and use it to his advantage!

Besides, it's not the hardware that makes great systems, it's great ideas and great people!

Forza Tommy and Forza Team Amico!

• Like 3

On 6/24/2021 at 9:47 PM, justclaws said:

He wasn't impressed by the new Intellivision Amico 2021 trailer, so he improved it!

I think that video re-splice certainly made an impression. 7-hour dinner together?
I hope this means that they took the chance to record some new live game play!

• Like 4

OK this is worth a watch.. To add a bit of humor to all this. I don't think this has posted here... Normally, Intellivision Master gets the jump on everyone. This came up in my feed this morning.

and

If this was posted prior - CREDIT TO WHOMEVER DID-

• Like 4

This is worth a watch. It’s important to see how the Amico is being perceived. This was hard to watch from a fan who loves the idea of this console and I would be lying if I didn’t say I don’t share many concerns as well. It’s obvious that Tommy has rubbed many people the wrong way and some consider him to be extremely defensive but this will always happen when someone has such a passion for a project. As Tommy said , it’s better that the console be talked about either positive or negative than not talked about at all. However , the  negatives are piling up  so Let’s get the console out ASAP so the people can decide !!! This is the first time I’m actually wondering if it’s possible that this console might never get released. I didn’t want to say that but it’s an honest concern I have. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, justclaws said:

I think that video re-splice certainly made an impression. 7-hour dinner together?

That's really cool.  I enjoy that guy's channel and really look forward to his next video summing up his experience.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Cranker said:

This is worth a watch. It’s important to see how the Amico is being perceived. This was hard to watch from a fan who loves the idea of this console and I would be lying if I didn’t say I don’t share many concerns as well. It’s obvious that Tommy has rubbed many people the wrong way and some consider him to be extremely defensive but this will always happen when someone has such a passion for a project. As Tommy said , it’s better that the console be talked about either positive or negative than not talked about at all. However , the  negatives are piling up  so Let’s get the console out ASAP so the people can decide !!! This is the first time I’m actually wondering if it’s possible that this console might never get released. I didn’t want to say that but it’s an honest concern I have. 

I believe that Mad Little Pixel does a good job and I think his video was very fair imo.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

I believe that Mad Little Pixel does a good job and I think his video was very fair imo.

Yes it is fair and somewhat worrisome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's true.  But I don't need to put up every Amico video.  

I sent this to a stone cutter to have it chiseled into a granite rock. Should be ready in a week.  It's going to IE for their lobby display.  

😁😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I sent this to a stone cutter to have it chiseled into a granite rock. Should be ready in a week.  It's going to IE for their lobby display.  

😁😜

Show us a picture of it when it's done.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cranker said:

I dunno.  I watch stuff like this and I ofter wonder what makes a guy like him the defacto-know all.  He categorizes everyone as if we're all mutants...even the shit on everything people.  

He makes a valid point, but what about this point..  for once we are given access to the CEO of a company...and for what it's worth, its pretty good.  I support the effort of IE because it's about time a game system came out I can play with my family and not have the youngest be an overnight master of it. I'm 51, have severe arthritis in my right hand, and the eyesight of a mole.  I'm happy to support IE simply because it's a good idea and I hope takes some of the violence out of the market, maybe take a generation of new games back when shooting waves of aliens was fun. 

Taint-licker?   Once again the mic and video camera make the man a God above others.  🙄🙄

Tommy's taint ain't for me. But thanks for recognizing the fan base that give a shit.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

There is a lot  to talk about. There is a lot going on today and many well thought out videos on YouTube that do make sense. There are some real concerns that  I feel have been ignored on Atariage mostly mostly because we all want the console to succeed so badly. They are now being addressed by several Channels and are making a lot of sense. I’m just very concerned about the Amico being released anytime soon and wonder if it may never be released. I’m not trying to be a downer but I’m really wondering what’s going on. I feel badly even writing this post but it’s how I feel today.

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, justclaws said:

I don’t understand this- Tommy has time to do a 7 hour dinner/chat session with this guy but they are still using footage from 2019 for their commercials? What about “all hands on deck?” Am I the only one who finds this to be a strange use of time? I am hoping we get long play game footage from this (goddamn just gimme my Cornhole tournament!)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cranker said:

There is a lot  to talk about. There is a lot going on today and many well thought out videos on YouTube that do make sense. There are some real concerns that  I feel have been ignored on Atariage mostly mostly because we all want the console to succeed so badly. They are now being addressed by several Channels and are making a lot of sense. I’m just very concerned about the Amico being released anytime soon and wonder if it may never be released. I’m not trying to be a downer but I’m really wondering what’s going on. I feel badly even writing this post but it’s how I feel today.

I don’t worry about the current stuff going on because everyone who has played Amico has had a fun experience even those who didn’t understand or were skeptical of the machine.  Concerns are fine but don’t forget to keep in mind that California has only been opened back up for about 2 weeks tops and Intellivision has been unable to have everyone working in office since I think 8 months or so I know they still got things done but I’m willing to bet that closure length and chip shortages caused a lot of the issues people seem to be bringing up. Hard to show people playing your system of you can’t legally gather together after all 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

I don’t understand this- Tommy has time to do a 7 hour dinner/chat session with this guy but they are still using footage from 2019 for their commercials? What about “all hands on deck?” Am I the only one who finds this to be a strange use of time? I am hoping we get long play game footage from this (goddamn just gimme my Cornhole tournament!)

There is something not right. Go on YouTube and watch some of the videos from the last few days. Most are from well respected you tubers that are looking at the facts and things are not adding up in many ways. I hope to get some responses from IE  soon. It seems like almost everyone on Atariage thinks  everything is fine and dandy.  I have been following the Amico everyday for the last couple of years and spent countess hours of research , posting , watching videos etc …I want this to be a success so let’s share our thoughts and opinions  both positive and negative . It can only help IE in the end.

Edited by Cranker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alpha82 said:

I don’t worry about the current stuff going on because everyone who has played Amico has had a fun experience even those who didn’t understand or were skeptical of the machine.  Concerns are fine but don’t forget to keep in mind that California has only been opened back up for about 2 weeks tops and Intellivision has been unable to have everyone working in office since I think 8 months or so I know they still got things done but I’m willing to bet that closure length and chip shortages caused a lot of the issues people seem to be bringing up. Hard to show people playing your system of you can’t legally gather together after all 

I guess we will see and get our answers soon. To me things are not looking good at the moment. We have yet see a demo of Cornhole yet with the motion controls and it’s a launch game  ? A proper demonstration of Games being played with the controllers ? I guess I’m just ranting today. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 1

I'm not here to chime in about the concerns so I won't, but I do just want to say that the technical specs of the machine mean absolutely nothing to me. Not that I don't understand them, I mean they are unimportant.

Many of us here have played video games on machines less powerful than a digital wristwatch, when 64kb of memory was luxurious and the processors were single-digits megahertz but we still had a great time didn't we? It's the GAMES that are important.

If the games are good then it genuinely doesn't matter if the hardware in the damn thing is recent or old, so long as it works it's all good.

I HAVE a powerhouse machine it's this one I'm typing on right now. Third gen threadripper, 64gb of memory in quad channel, Raid0 NVMe array, 5700XT GPU, it's a beast but none of that alone makes it fun; without fun software it's just a box of fancy parts and despite the difference in hardware capability the Amico will be more fun to me than this system is if it just delivers the titles. It's the promise of that software which makes me interested in the Amico where I'm not interested at all with the other contemporary consoles available, none of them (With the exception of the Switch but even that is falling more in line with the standard offerings of the others these days) do anything my PC doesn't and to be honest none of them do it as well either, the Amico is promising something different and I hope that it comes good on that promise. If it doesn't I will be disappointed of course but I still hope.

IE, get us those games.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Scrundle said:

I'm not here to chime in about the concerns so I won't, but I do just want to say that the technical specs of the machine mean absolutely nothing to me. Not that I don't understand them, I mean they are unimportant.

Many of us here have played video games on machines less powerful than a digital wristwatch, when 64kb of memory was luxurious and the processors were single-digits megahertz but we still had a great time didn't we? It's the GAMES that are important.

If the games are good then it genuinely doesn't matter if the hardware in the damn thing is recent or old, so long as it works it's all good.

I HAVE a powerhouse machine it's this one I'm typing on right now. Third gen threadripper, 64gb of memory in quad channel, Raid0 NVMe array, 5700XT GPU, it's a beast but none of that alone makes it fun; without fun software it's just a box of fancy parts and despite the difference in hardware capability the Amico will be more fun to me than this system is if it just delivers the titles. It's the promise of that software which makes me interested in the Amico where I'm not interested at all with the other contemporary consoles available, none of them (With the exception of the Switch but even that is falling more in line with the standard offerings of the others these days) do anything my PC doesn't and to be honest none of them do it as well either, the Amico is promising something different and I hope that it comes good on that promise. If it doesn't I will be disappointed of course but I still hope.

IE, get us those games.

I agree 100%. Show us the games! I want to see extended gameplay footage with the controller used in interesting ways. Stats mean nothing to me, I just want fun experiences. I feel like it’d be super easy to do this and I don’t understand why they aren’t showing extended game footage.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

We did agree about 18 months ago to avoid the videos from the grudge bearers because it is just drama and this is not a thread for drama. Start another thread for drama videos. So, I think Intellivision Master quit automatically posting those.

And before anyone says it...it's not to avoid negative information. It was to minimize hating on the haters in this forum and have less Jerry Springer vibe. We also stopped having the mocked-up pictures of haters in dresses, etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Swami said:

We did agree about 18 months ago to avoid the videos from the grudge bearers because it is just drama and this is not a thread for drama. Start another thread for drama videos. So, I think Intellivision Master quit automatically posting those.

But is mad little pixel  a grudge bearer ? I don’t think so.

Edited by Cranker
  • Thanks 1