Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

24 minutes ago, Cranker said:

But is mad little pixel  a grudge bearer ? I don’t think so.

Not really, but the title certainly leans that way: "Amico has a Big Problem: Drama and Concerns!" Very click bait regardless of the content.

• Like 4

Youtubers who get paid for clicks have concerns advertised with click-bait style headlines? They speculate on what could be? They identify areas where something may be wrong with plausible arguments, but not every facet is backed by facts? They speculate that a startup company and product may fail? 

None of these are new tricks for clicks. There are many reasons Amico may fail, and probably less reasons it will succeed. If the games are fun they will have a chance. Showing more videos before launch for the purpose of defending against speculative failure would be the tail wagging the dog. Any videos between now and launch, and after launch are still a function to sell to your target market, not to defend against speculative attacks. 

IE will have a plan for this marketing, and they may or may not be pursuing the correct target. I can almost guaranty the market they are aiming at right now to sell enough consoles for success is not clamoring for a half hour video watching other people play cornhole. 

IE and Atariage do not owe me any explanations at this point, and I do not need to buy any products. They will release information executing their plan, and try to sell to as many as they can. If I am inspired I will buy. 

People will speculate all reasons on why it will fail, and I believe they have a right to do that. I also have a right to pass judgement on the product when I see fit, and do not need to defend against plausible arguments of failure. 

Enjoy the ride. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swami said:

Not really, but the title certainly leans that way: "Amico has a Big Problem: Drama and Concerns!" Very click bait regardless of the content.

True enough. I’m not Youtube savvy at all  

Edited by Cranker

28 minutes ago, Cranker said:

True enough. I’m not Youtube savvy at all  

I'm not saying this shouldn't have been posted. Just that the title probably looked iffy which may have delayed insta-post.

On 6/29/2021 at 7:38 AM, Intellivision Master said:

I'm in Amico land.  Lol.  But seriously, I'm concerned about a few things regarding Amico.  I just don't post about it.  Not trying to be negative.  I really hope the Amico comes out this year or early next year.  But if it keeps getting delayed, you can lose interest.  Eventually your patience can run out.  For example, when Polymega was announced I was interested.  They keep delaying it and so I gave up on it.  I'm glad I didn't pre-order it.  When something keeps getting delayed, it can be a bad thing.  A delay doesn't mean that the product turns out any better.  Look at Duke Nukem Forever, that game was in development for 15 years.  When it finally released it wasn't great.  Anyway, that's my little rant.  I had to put it out there.  Sorry.

You're only concerned because you are genuinely anxious for it to come out, like myself; but the only ones who should really be “concerned” with such things are the folks at IE.  I look at it this way, I could have very, very easily not caught wind of Amico until it hit mainstream media outlets, in which case I would have heard about it and would have it in my hands in a matter of months, not years.   I know I am in the minority with respects to how casual of a gamer I am, but I’m grateful I learned about it when I did and thankful to have been excited for this for years; and to be apart of this experience for as long as I have. Don't get me wrong, I hope it gets released on 10/10, but as much for IE as myself.  I know I’ll get to play it in my living room soon, and if not on 10/10, it will be sometime soon after that.  

I’d likely feel a bit different if it weren’t for the pandemic (although I honestly believe if it weren’t for the pandemic, we’d all have been playing Amico for months by now) but reality these days is that things are just really backed up, demand is high and consumers just have to learn to be patient while things get sorted out. It sucks, but it is what it is.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

intellivision-amico-happy-canada-day-bob-and-doug-mckenzie.thumb.png.2768bc4a58dbce6ad6c4746f9c278d60.png

Take off you hoser!  But before you go, pass me a jelly donut EH! 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I have some news for you guys (for those saying CA is only a few weeks into blah blah), CA is going into mask mode again, LA is already.  Delta variant is bad and there are still too many idiots that think the vaccine has some kind of technological marvel inside.  The variant is attacking kids, of which most are not vaccinated, so IDIOTS are now killing kids.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Oldfool said:

Youtubers who get paid for clicks have concerns advertised with click-bait style headlines? They speculate on what could be? They identify areas where something may be wrong with plausible arguments, but not every facet is backed by facts? They speculate that a startup company and product may fail? 

None of these are new tricks for clicks. There are many reasons Amico may fail, and probably less reasons it will succeed. If the games are fun they will have a chance. Showing more videos before launch for the purpose of defending against speculative failure would be the tail wagging the dog. Any videos between now and launch, and after launch are still a function to sell to your target market, not to defend against speculative attacks. 

IE will have a plan for this marketing, and they may or may not be pursuing the correct target. I can almost guaranty the market they are aiming at right now to sell enough consoles for success is not clamoring for a half hour video watching other people play cornhole. 

IE and Atariage do not owe me any explanations at this point, and I do not need to buy any products. They will release information executing their plan, and try to sell to as many as they can. If I am inspired I will buy. 

People will speculate all reasons on why it will fail, and I believe they have a right to do that. I also have a right to pass judgement on the product when I see fit, and do not need to defend against plausible arguments of failure. 

Enjoy the ride. 

Well said brother!   This is totally on point, and exactly why I watch all of these "opinion" videos (which isn't often) with a grain of salt.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I have some news for you guys (for those saying CA is only a few weeks into blah blah), CA is going into mask mode again, LA is already.  Delta variant is bad and there are still too many idiots that think the vaccine has some kind of technological marvel inside.  The variant is attacking kids, of which most are not vaccinated, so IDIOTS are now killing kids.

Delta variant is also running high here in Florida, where there's too many people that think it's a hoax... but they also think the non existent hoax is China's fault too. 🤒

Florida sits at 45% vaccinated. No 26 in the country.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Wow... what brought on this broadsided cloud of doom and gloom?  

We all know it, it's not news to anyone.  Unless you're living under a rock of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

and exactly why I watch all of these "opinion" videos

Exactly why I don't, it is a pure waste of time.  Look, I could out serious claims that the following video is the reason why the Amico will fail in Japan, some idiot may actually believe that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Exactly why I don't, it is a pure waste of time.  Look, I could out serious claims that the following video is the reason why the Amico will fail in Japan, some idiot may actually believe that.

Thanks for truncating my statement... I clearly said   ... (which isn't often) with a grain of salt. 

If you're going to quote someone... and contradict them, do it with grace and paste the entire quote.  

To take something "with a grain of salt" means I DON'T believe what I am hearing and will evaluate it myself. 

Nice video BTW... that was funny.

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Wow... what brought on this broadsided cloud of doom and gloom?

12 hours ago, Alpha82 said:

Concerns are fine but don’t forget to keep in mind that California has only been opened back up for about 2 weeks tops

I tend to actually read some posts.

1 minute ago, IMBerzerk said:

Thanks for truncating my statement... I clearly said   ... (which isn't often) with a grain of salt. 

Sorry, I knew what you meant, I am just saying I am not wasting any salt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I tend to actually read some posts.

I get that.. but let's keep the Covid thing a little less graphic on here.  I've been frontlined from Day 1 as Fire/EMS (notice my Avatar and quote?)... it sucked...has sucked... and will suck until it's gone.

I've carried out more dead/dying people from their homes than I'd like to remember.

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I get that.. but let's keep the Covid thing a little less graphic on here.  I've been frontlined from Day 1 as Fire/EMS (notice my Avatar and quote?)... it sucked...has sucked... and will suck until it's gone.

I've carried out more dead/dying people from their homes that I'd like to remember.

Noted and thank you. 👍

EDIT: My bitterness about the stupidity of people can't even be remotely compared to what you go through.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CPUWIZ said:

Noted and thank you. 👍

😁  no offense taken BTW...  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I agree 100%. Show us the games! I want to see extended gameplay footage with the controller used in interesting ways. Stats mean nothing to me, I just want fun experiences. I feel like it’d be super easy to do this and I don’t understand why they aren’t showing extended game footage.

As was pointed out last night part of the reason for old footage was licensing because you have to get the license holders ok before showing any footage and the bigger the holder the longer that process can take to get an ok from MLB can take about a month, I would guess a Hot Wheels ok would take around as long. Which is something I never considered having not been involved in anything like that 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

As was pointed out last night part of the reason for old footage was licensing because you have to get the license holders ok before showing any footage and the bigger the holder the longer that process can take to get an ok from MLB can take about a month, I would guess a Hot Wheels ok would take around as long. Which is something I never considered having not been involved in anything like that 

Sorry I’m calling BS on that. I went and watched that clip (I’m assuming you mean the Amico After Dark panel). So that same person who was screaming and yelling and being super rude last time has, in the span of two episodes, gone from “It wasn’t old footage! How dare they!” To “Old footage doesn’t matter! How dare they!” To “Of course it’s old footage! We all know that MLB takes a month to give permission to show footage! How dare they!” This is exactly what gaslighting means.

EVEN if he’s not just talking completely out of his ass, who cares? Then show other games maybe. And a month lead time? Then maybe, as you are planning for E3, contact the license holders and ask to show the footage. Tommy isn’t the only one working there, right? Some one else probably plans for these things. I think he just said this as a way to brag to the panel about Tommy calling him. I thought that was the weakest excuse yet, to be honest.  I think it’d be great if one of those guys would just say the obvious: showing old footage disappointed people. If IE would update their footage, those people may feel better about the product.  How in the world is that a controversial stance for these guys?

And if IE doesn’t feel it’s a good use of their time to do that, that’s fine. I’m not upset by any of this, but it just means I’ll not buy the product until it’s on stores and well reviewed by sources I trust. So they will lose any pre order money from me. Which isn’t a big deal, I know, but I don’t think I’m alone in my reaction to both their E3 video and the “updated” trailer they put out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

IMO, how this relates to Amico:  mask requirement should not materially affect progress, return to quarantine would most likely affect progress. Anything else begins the slippery slope into politics. 

People really need to stop giving so much head space to loud and somewhat ignorant Youtube video makers in the retro game scene. If you enjoy the arguing and drama, these videos are in fact literally being made for you. However, they offer such low value to the wider community as to be about as welcome as a mosquito at a picnic.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1