Jump to content
Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I have some news for you guys (for those saying CA is only a few weeks into blah blah), CA is going into mask mode again, LA is already.  Delta variant is bad and there are still too many idiots that think the vaccine has some kind of technological marvel inside.  The variant is attacking kids, of which most are not vaccinated, so IDIOTS are now killing kids.

We just had our first Delta variant case in my area and my son is too young to be vaccinated. People forget kids younger than 12 are somewhere around 15% of the US population. I am really hoping things don't get bad again. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeterPepper said:

We just had our first Delta variant case in my area and my son is too young to be vaccinated. People forget kids younger than 12 are somewhere around 15% of the US population. I am really hoping things don't get bad again. 


2020/2021 is just the beginning. Buckle up, its going to be bumpy ride. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rev said:


2020/2021 is just the beginning. Buckle up, its going to be bumpy ride. 

We've talked about this before, please stop bringing up your Brony Club Adventures 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 12:12 PM, m-crew said:

I can guarantee you that no one will need a manual for anything. :) We've actually come up with a revolutionary (yet simple) thing in regards to the physical buttons on the controller. I can't tell you what it is just yet as the patents are still being filed. But all will be revealed at E3 in June this year. I think you're gonna love what we've done with the buttons! In fact... I guarantee it! :)

From the beginning the controller has been hyped as a game changer. So, I’ve been confused by the continued use of cell phones in all this footage. In light of the Ars Technical article (which, again, didn’t really seem all that negative in my opinion), I think showing people playing and using the controller, highlighting unique features, etc, would be a good use of time. Just film some interns or marketing people playing through some complete games.  I would love to see how the “games come with the controller” feature works because I thought that was a cool idea. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alpha82 said:

 

Good video, he makes very good points about all the haters.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cmart604 said:

We've talked about this before, please stop bringing up your Brony Club Adventures 

THAT is a game/license that we need on the Amico. Capture all the die-hard Bronies!!!! 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

From the beginning the controller has been hyped as a game changer. So, I’ve been confused by the continued use of cell phones in all this footage. In light of the Ars Technical article (which, again, didn’t really seem all that negative in my opinion), I think showing people playing and using the controller, highlighting unique features, etc, would be a good use of time. Just film some interns or marketing people playing through some complete games.  I would love to see how the “games come with the controller” feature works because I thought that was a cool idea. 

Ok, so I looked at the E3 video and counted eight video clips showing an Amico controller in gameplay and three using cell phones.  And two of the three phone clips were multiplayer tabletop games where phones emulating Amico controllers is a selling feature.  Now you have supposed mainstream media and talking heads repeating that they are obscuring or hiding the Amico controller in their videos, essentially saying it doesn't work.  It's not only inaccurate and of course negative, it's very weird.

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Ok, so I looked at the E3 video and counted eight video clips showing an Amico controller in gameplay and three using cell phones.  And two of the three phone clips were multiplayer tabletop games where phones emulating Amico controllers is a selling feature.  Now you have supposed mainstream media and talking heads repeating that they are obscuring or hiding the Amico controller in their videos, essentially saying it doesn't work.  It's not only inaccurate and of course negative, it's very weird.

I think it was a negative showing the cell phones so much. Especially the Farkle clip which could have been done with the Amico Controller, and was not the best representation of that feature (slow on the roll of the dice). The entire video was mostly very old footage. I found that to be a strange move. 

 

However, they could help their cause by putting out more current game footage. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Ok, so I looked at the E3 video and counted eight video clips showing an Amico controller in gameplay and three using cell phones.  And two of the three phone clips were multiplayer tabletop games where phones emulating Amico controllers is a selling feature.  Now you have supposed mainstream media and talking heads repeating that they are obscuring or hiding the Amico controller in their videos, essentially saying it doesn't work.  It's not only inaccurate and of course negative, it's very weird.

it's like they WANT it to fail

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 1stplayertokens said:

it's like they WANT it to fail

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!!!!! Tell him what he's won Johnny!!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2021 at 12:59 PM, Mockduck said:

People really need to stop giving so much head space to loud and somewhat ignorant Youtube video makers in the retro game scene. If you enjoy the arguing and drama, these videos are in fact literally being made for you. However, they offer such low value to the wider community as to be about as welcome as a mosquito at a picnic.

This is exactly why I am picky about who I follow.  I don't need drama online.  There's enough of that in the real world!

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

I think it was a negative showing the cell phones so much. Especially the Farkle clip which could have been done with the Amico Controller, and was not the best representation of that feature (slow on the roll of the dice). The entire video was mostly very old footage. I found that to be a strange move. 

 

However, they could help their cause by putting out more current game footage. 

So much?  There are literally people for who E3 is their first look at Amico say something like the following.  I think I saw smartphones being used as controllers.  I have to confirm that because if that's true it will be great for party games.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of footage, was this already posted because I don't see it?
This should provide a lot of footage of Tommy and this guy playing games!
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justclaws said:

On the subject of footage, was this already posted because I don't see it?
This should provide a lot of footage of Tommy and this guy playing games!
 

 

watching Astrosmash in the backround was like watching porn for me! looks great 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a while since we’ve talked about this so here is my question for those here. What first drew you to the Intellivision Amico?

 

For me my family owned an Intellivision before I was born and it was the first machine I gamed on, mostly with my dad.  We continued to game together through the PS2 era but we were both pretty sad about the limited number of games that had local multiplayer even then as it was mostly sports titles and fighting games for multiplayer options and we enjoyed shooters and action games like Double Dragon. We did have fun with the sports titles though but would have liked more options but multiplayer mostly moved online.  We even played Intellivision together until in the PS2 era when our system got water damaged and shorted out. During PS3 era it occurred to me gaming wasn’t really fun for me anymore the games were so complicated and involved I no longer had fun, they still looked great but I wanted easy to understand games that were easy to learn hard to master.  I figured gaming for me would be legacy systems and emulation.  Then I get the email about Intellivision announcement of a new console at the upcoming PRGE 2018 and I watched that presentation repeatedly because here was a system from Intellivision which introduced me to gaming with people from the company from the first Ho around and they wanted to bring back couch coop and easy pick up and play games I was a little sad because my dad had passed away and I so wanted him to be here for this because we would of had such fun together but those memories of playing Astrosmash, Horse Racing, Snafu, and Poker are such an important part of my past I am very excited to have this chance to create those types of memories again with family and friends.  Sorry for the ramble my dad’s birthday is a month away and I’m feeling very emotional about it.  Thank you again to Intellivision for bringing gaming back to its roots and for giving me another chance to create new memories.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mr_me said:

So much?  There are literally people for who E3 is their first look at Amico say something like the following.  I think I saw smartphones being used as controllers.  I have to confirm that because if that's true it will be great for party games.

I totally agree that being able to use cell phones is great. However, that could be addressed as a feature with card games. I think Farkle should be the main controller. I actually think I remember seeing footage of it with the real controller. I saw a lot more negative press about the phones. Maybe because it looks like they are still in development.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, justclaws said:

On the subject of footage, was this already posted because I don't see it?
This should provide a lot of footage of Tommy and this guy playing games!
 

 

Just watched this and his 2nd video (hasn't been posted here yet).  I really like hearing his thoughts.  He encouraged me when he said how much FUN the games are.  I can't wait for his next videos featuring gameplay.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinemanDoc said:

Just watched this and his 2nd video (hasn't been posted here yet).  I really like hearing his thoughts.  He encouraged me when he said how much FUN the games are.  I can't wait for his next videos featuring gameplay.

I’m looking forward to those as well I found the comment about his kid wanting to play the fish game with him again very exciting because it helps reinforce what this is all about fun games family and friends can play together 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That guy with the glasses is not exactly the most entertaining person on Earth, but he's a good person that gets his message across. And he likes the Amico after trying it.

 

Even the haters are upvoting their videos. Still a tiny channel, but it's good to have people like this onboard.

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been keeping an eye on this thread since Tommy went on vacation and as always, when the cat's away, the mice will play.... happens every time 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LinemanDoc said:

Just watched this and his 2nd video (hasn't been posted here yet).  I really like hearing his thoughts.  He encouraged me when he said how much FUN the games are.  I can't wait for his next videos featuring gameplay.

OK, I'll post it. Here.
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...