Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

Happy July 4th! american-flag.png.7dc7bf2da7e1cc5ce3e2ef5458b85fca.png

intellivision-amico-happy-4th-of-july-independence-day.thumb.png.74fffcef3f07714b67a5f8f244b1a69f.png

I think the first person to beat Bomb Squad should win this console!

I feel like I'll Never Do It In Time  LOL

• Like 8

On 7/2/2021 at 5:54 PM, GrudgeQ said:
E5SwXPnXoAM8tS0.thumb.jpg.be21ab44cb0ab43171c422cecbea3bc1.jpg

It's so exciting that there is going to be EPSORTS coverage at that event. :-D
I do have a few old vinyl EP records, and indeed they do need sorting out.

So many times, these days, people only care about eSports, and all that jazz!
Obviously, this EP collection is fine for Searchers, but what about The Collectors?
image.thumb.png.07ced1e03b5c8913d2ac20c645e2b3f0.png

• Like 3

On 7/2/2021 at 6:27 PM, Alpha82 said:

Been a while since we’ve talked about this so here is my question for those here. What first drew you to the Intellivision Amico?

I grew up with an Intellivision. Even though it sold a fraction of what Atari did, it was the standard in my family. We had one. My cousins had it. Family friends had it. Years later I discovered that my wife had one as well when she was growing up. Intellivision was what introduced me to video games.

And I think that's what is missing today. The video games that are being released aren't games so much as they are "interactive experiences." They are stories that you "beat" and once finished, don't come back to. The Last of Us is a touching experience, but I can't see as how it's a game. Games on the other hand are meant to be played against other people. You compete, you score, and in the end someone wins before you start over and play the game again. You don't finish Donkey Kong or Pac Man or Joust. You just replay them hoping to improve and always aiming for a better score. I miss that.

I also miss playing games with my wife and my dad. They're not gamers, but they will play Intellivision games. We can pick up Snafu or BurgerTime and have fun together. The only other system that got close was the Wii, but then it was only Wii Sports with a dash of Mario Kart every so often. Using the controller to pretend you're throwing a bowling ball is fun and easy for everyone. Using a Wii controller to pretend it's a gun or sword... not so much. So playing together eventually dies on the vine with the Wii.

Then Amico is announced and it's premise is what I've been looking for for years. A simple controller. Easy to learn games that are also fun. A curated store that keeps out the crap, the DLC, the ads, the microtransactions, and the mess. I'm also excited for games that I can sit down and play in short periods of time. I don't have hours to dedicate to a game anymore. I can't wait 30 hours before it becomes fun. My free time is in 20 minute spurts. I like the idea of a game console that respects my time. 

In short, I want to play games with my family. Bring on Amico!

• Like 17

Hopefully Tommy comes back on here soon.  It feels like he's been gone forever.  He's supposed to give an update this month on whether or not Amico launches this October.  I really hope it does.  Even if it's just a soft launch.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

If the Amico keeps getting delayed or never comes out, OEB Pete will become Evil Pete and take over the world.  Lol.  Just kidding.

LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, vongruetz said:

I grew up with an Intellivision. Even though it sold a fraction of what Atari did, it was the standard in my family. We had one. My cousins had it. Family friends had it. Years later I discovered that my wife had one as well when she was growing up. Intellivision was what introduced me to video games.

And I think that's what is missing today. The video games that are being released aren't games so much as they are "interactive experiences." They are stories that you "beat" and once finished, don't come back to. The Last of Us is a touching experience, but I can't see as how it's a game. Games on the other hand are meant to be played against other people. You compete, you score, and in the end someone wins before you start over and play the game again. You don't finish Donkey Kong or Pac Man or Joust. You just replay them hoping to improve and always aiming for a better score. I miss that.

I also miss playing games with my wife and my dad. They're not gamers, but they will play Intellivision games. We can pick up Snafu or BurgerTime and have fun together. The only other system that got close was the Wii, but then it was only Wii Sports with a dash of Mario Kart every so often. Using the controller to pretend you're throwing a bowling ball is fun and easy for everyone. Using a Wii controller to pretend it's a gun or sword... not so much. So playing together eventually dies on the vine with the Wii.

Then Amico is announced and it's premise is what I've been looking for for years. A simple controller. Easy to learn games that are also fun. A curated store that keeps out the crap, the DLC, the ads, the microtransactions, and the mess. I'm also excited for games that I can sit down and play in short periods of time. I don't have hours to dedicate to a game anymore. I can't wait 30 hours before it becomes fun. My free time is in 20 minute spurts. I like the idea of a game console that respects my time. 

I love pick up and play arcade type games where the only point is to get a higher score ! I love local leaderboards to compete with family and friends. The game never ends !

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 5

I’m wondering when the red controllers will go up for pre-order. I will pre-order a purple and a red controller to go with my FE. I wanted 6 extra controllers, but that will have to wait considering the purple is 100 in Canada and the Red will be the same I imagine . The controllers are a bit more Than I expected but I’m good with it. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 1

Hi Folks,

Got back yesterday from our vacation.  Today is an official day off for Intellivision team members so a good time to try and go through as much as I can. 

Please feel free to ask me anything new at this point.  I'm going to read though the last 15 or so pages that I haven't responded to so I'm not answering every comment, but if you feel I missed a question you had... please feel free to ask again.  I'm going to go backwards (newest comments to oldest) to make it a little easier for myself this time around.

Thanks!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Cranker said:

I’m wondering when the red controllers will go up for pre-order. I will pre-order a purple and a red controller to go with my FE. I wanted 6 extra controllers, but that will have to wait considering the purple is 100 in Canada and the Red will be the same I imagine . The controllers are a bit more Than I expected but I’m good with it. 

Yeah... there was a lot of confusion with the controller pricing I believe because the first ones to go up were the Special Editions in Canada.

Here is the current pricing.

$69 for a normal controller.  Considering all of the technology we have packed in one controller... this is an incredible deal with almost little to no margin for Intellivision once you consider the capacitive color touch screen and the fact that unlike Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo... we're not buying in massive bulk by the millions.  Yet we are STILL less expensive than a Nintendo Switch JoyCon ($79) and the same price as the new PS5 controller.  Imagine if the PS5 controller had a screen instead of the touch pad no one probably never utilize.  I can tell you the retail price would jump at least $20 if not $25.  And again... they are mass producing in the MILLIONS which could make everything as low by 30% - 40% because of bulk.

Special Edition controllers are $79 because of the extra cost of the type of finish and work that goes into them.  They are not just high quality molded plastics like the standard editions.

All things considering... the controllers are a heck of a bargin... but price & perception are everything so I get the concern.

But here's the good news... once you all have a chance to touch and play the controller, like everyone else that has played it... you'll quickly see and understand how great the design and build quality is and the price fear will more than likely disappear once you know what you're getting.

The reason we're not 100% sure when the GTO Red is going on sale (controllers or the entire unit) is because like the rest of the world we're still struggling to find parts even for the 4 we already have on pre-order so it's difficult for us to take more pre-orders on a different SKU when we're uncertain when we can fulfill the current orders we already have.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Starpaddler said:

I’d be curious to know how E3 has impacted the average number of daily pre-orders...

Amazing!  We've seen it grow by almost 100%.  Now some folks will say... "Oh, so you were doing 1 a day and now you're doing 2?"  No.  We were well into the double digits to begin with.

But like I had mentioned to everyone before E3.  The biggest reason to do E3 for us was to be put in front of retailers and distributors.  THAT is the real reason E3 exists.  And from that standpoint we absolutely knocked it out of the park.  So many big box and chain retailers from around the world are literally lined up to eventually carry Amico.  It couldn't have gone better from that regards.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, LePionnier said:

Some Gameplay ! He was there at Intellivision Offices !

Yet another person who played Amico and absolutely loved it.  Starting to see a trend?

:)

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Cranker said:

I love pick up and play arcade type games where the only point is to get a higher score ! I love local leaderboards to compete with family and friends. The game never ends !

Then you're going to love Amico.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Hopefully Tommy comes back on here soon.  It feels like he's been gone forever.  He's supposed to give an update this month on whether or not Amico launches this October.  I really hope it does.  Even if it's just a soft launch.

We have a lot of scenarios that could play out.  Still working on how we're going to approach it.  Big financial impacts either way.  If we're not going to produce the first batch in China (i.e. assemble them by hand in the U.S.) it buys us more time to secure the parts we need.  Of course we would lose a ton of money and the consoles we produce would cost us double than what we sold them for... but there are scenarios where that could happen.

Hope to have more solid info by the end of the month.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, vongruetz said:

Well said my friend!

I felt exactly the same way... which is how we all got to be here today.

• Like 6

On 7/3/2021 at 8:41 PM, CurlyQ said:

Happy July 4th! american-flag.png.7dc7bf2da7e1cc5ce3e2ef5458b85fca.png

intellivision-amico-happy-4th-of-july-independence-day.thumb.png.74fffcef3f07714b67a5f8f244b1a69f.png

Damn!  I wonder how many more of these I missed over the past 2 weeks!  Looking forward to discovering them all!

• Like 3

On 7/3/2021 at 5:34 PM, Intellivision Master said:

Hahahhaa!  That guy was hilarious!  I hope to see more vids from him.

Amico-curious.

My favorite line was...

"You're in trouuuuuuble!!"

Hahahha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2021 at 12:52 AM, justclaws said:

OK, I'll post it. Here.

I hate to sound like a broken record... but yet another person who played it and loved it.

I'm looking forward to seeing his next 5 videos (he mentioned in his prequel video that he's doing a 6 part series on his experience).

He's my newest favorite channel.  Really nice guy and extremely honest, passionate and balanced in all his coverage.

We had a great time together and he asked a lot of great questions.

• Like 5

Hi Tommy.

I hope you had great vacation ! 😀

I have a big question.

I preordered one Amico for my sister.

I was at her home Saturday, and realize that she don't have Wifi, but she have a cell phone.

Is there a way for her to buy digital games (maybe with her phone) and put it on Amico ?

• Like 3