Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

6 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Sometimes when I talk to friends and explain that I have 100x more fun and play a game much more when there are local high scores for competition (even competing with myself) they just don’t get it. It’s old school with games like space invaders , asteroids etc …without high scores it removes 90% of the fun for me and it will be missing the “just one more time” factor ! I guess you had to live in that time to appreciate this. Im So excited to have good local leaderboards !! It’s been too long ! It’s been since my arcade days and it’s about time ! The old consoles didn’t really ever focus on leaderboards if I remember correctly. 

Exactly my thoughts as well. 

And yeah... most older consoles and games didn't have that HIGH SCORE board as much as they did in the arcades.  We have some really cool stuff both locally and online that we're proud of and think will make for a LOT of replay value!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I was wondering about the dice demo in the Farkle game but it’s interesting that you have a delay from shaking the controller to the dice appearing in the TV because it fits better than having the dice appear instantly on the TV. Is this the how it will be in the final version ? Who am I to say until I try it. 

• Like 3

On 6/30/2021 at 12:32 AM, gwald said:

Come on guys, this is great publicity!

This is a great test of faith and is totally the time to shine the brightest!!

The spec's are what most assumed a long long time ago, Tommy should be championing this with his openness, honesty and laughter... and use it to his advantage!

Besides, it's not the hardware that makes great systems, it's great ideas and great people!

Forza Tommy and Forza Team Amico!

Yeah... the Specs thing I find quite amusing.  They've been up on our website for well over a year.  We just didn't mention the exact Qualcomm SnapDragon we were using (because who really cares) but anyone with some Google skills could have easily matched our specs to the chip.  Yippee!  Does it all of the sudden matter?  Of course not.  Just to an audience of people who probably are not our target market anyway.

Also, go ask Nintendo how they have been doing with the sales of lower spec consoles over the past 20 or so years.

:)

• Like 4

Yo Folks!,

That's all I'm able to cover today... so if there is something over the past few weeks that is important and I missed... please feel free to bring it up again.

Thanks!  Hope you all have a great day.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Exactly my thoughts as well. 

And yeah... most older consoles and games didn't have that HIGH SCORE board as much as they did in the arcades.  We have some really cool stuff both locally and online that we're proud of and think will make for a LOT of replay value!

Thank God  you are a high score fan !! It means so much to me. It’s deal breaker for me  if these types of games have no leaderboards not just online but local as well,  so thanks for that. I know it sounds crazy but I need leaderboards !!! I realize it’s not an important feature for everyone but for me it’s the key to me staying up all night to beat someone’s high score or even my own ! I will be number one at all times ! Lol 😂 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Thank God  you are a high score fan !! It means so much to me. It’s deal breaker for me  if these types of games have no leaderboards not just online but local as well,  so thanks for that. I know it sounds crazy but I need leaderboards !!! I realize it’s not an important feature for everyone but for me it’s the key to me staying up all night to beat someone’s high score or even my own ! I will be number one at all times ! Lol 😂 

There is something very satisfying about being in the top spot for sure.  I’ve never been super good so I doubt I see much high scores on the online leaderboards but I might have a decent shot at local boards lol 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

There is something very satisfying about being in the top spot for sure.  I’ve never been super good so I doubt I see much high scores on the online leaderboards but I might have a decent shot at local boards lol 

Online leaderboards are nice to have but I mostly care about local high scores. It’s more fun to compete against friends, family and yourself than against people you don’t know but that’s just me. Having said that , I’m sure I will enjoy the online leaderboards as well. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cranker said:

I was wondering about the dice demo in the Farkle game but it’s interesting that you have a delay from shaking the controller to the dice appearing in the TV because it fits better than having the dice appear instantly on the TV. Is this the how it will be in the final version ? Who am I to say until I try it. 

For me, it'a little bit too long, and was already disapointed the first time I saw it last year !

Tommy said it's not cool when the dice are coming too fast, but I hope we can have a compromised between the two ! ☺️

Edited by LePionnier
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, LePionnier said:

For me, it'a little bit too long, and was already disapointed the first time I saw it last year !

Tommy said it's not cool when the dice are coming too fast, but I hope we can have a compromised between ! ☺️

I actually watched it again and agree with you 100%. It definitely seems to slow. I feel Like when you do the throwing motion, the dice should appear on the screen Almost instantly. By this I mean a natural and smooth motion as close at it would be in real life . After watching it again , it does not look right to me. Just an opinion. 

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cranker said:

Online leaderboards are nice to have but I mostly care about local high scores. It’s more fun to compete against friends, family and yourself than against people you don’t know but that’s just me. Having said that , I’m sure I will enjoy the online leaderboards as well. 

I’m hoping my brother and stepbrother are maybe my sister will pick one up that way we can have contests through online leader boards for family bragging rights lol also I’m hoping to have some online leaderboards fun with folks from here 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Alpha82 said:

I’m hoping my brother and stepbrother are maybe my sister will pick one up that way we can have contests through online leader boards for family bragging rights lol also I’m hoping to have some online leaderboards fun with folks from here 

Even better are the “friends” Leaderboards Tommy mentioned. That way you can compete with friends and family they own the console  and not have the riff raff on your leaderboard ! 😎

Edited by Cranker
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

Man, that sucks and is pretty disappointing if people are attacking your family.   In my line of work (fairly public facing) I take a bit of heat, which is fine, part of the job, etc, but thus far nothing has ever spilled onto my family.  I'm not even sure how I'd react to that.  Sorry to hear that.  One can have MASSIVE disagreements over tech, personalities,  etc, but never a reason to go after people's family/friends.

I can confirm this. Kevtris was even saying stuff that could be deemed racist with attacks on the people of the United Arab Emirates namely Dubai  by calling them a $Hithole that just happens to have a lot of oil money. 

All because the one guy Tommy went to meet that works for Intellivision has a McLaren

Edited by Relicgamer
  • Like 3

The purple Amico controller pre-order disappeared from the EB Canada website. I pre-ordered one but decided I wanted 2 (since the red ones won’t come out at launch it seems) and now it’s gone. 🤔 

Edited by Cranker

7 minutes ago, Cranker said:

The purple Amico controller pre-order disappeared from the EB Canada website. I pre-ordered one but decided I wanted 2 (sine the red ones won’t come out at launch it seems) and now it’s gone. 🤔 

That's why I asked if they were available for preorder in the US.

Tommy is going to check into it for us.

I would like to not destroy my Founders edition controllers playing a bunch of games,so I want a couple extra purple controllers to play 4 player on my Gamestop purple exclusive Amico.

I am quite sure pretty soon you will be able to order another in Canada or anywhere else as well.

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

That's why I asked if they were available for preorder in the US.

Tommy is going to check into it for us.

I would like to not destroy my Founders edition controllers playing a bunch of games,so I want a couple extra purple controllers to play 4 player on my Gamestop purple exclusive Amico.

I am quite sure pretty soon you will be able to order another in Canada or anywhere else as well.

It’s rare we get anything in Canada before the US even if it did disappear 😂 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cranker said:

It’s rare we get anything in Canada before the US even if it did disappear 😂 

I didnt know that about Canada,very interesting! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Final bug testing is going on as we speak. 

That being said... what if I were to tell you that all the pack-in games and all 8 physical media games have already been approved in Europe, UK & North America by the ratings board?

What if I were to say that all of the physical media games are already in production and being physically made?

What if I were to say that we've passed and received our FCC compliance?

And I think you'll all know what the next line coming is...

Wouldn't That Be Something?

Next line  .... I sent OEB Pete a freaking console! :) 

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

No, don't stop.  I'll be sad.  😢

I ain't going anywhere... 

• Like 9

Tommy I was wondering if you were planning on posting photos of the Brain Duel and Finnegan Fox box art?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cranker said:

Sometimes when I talk to friends and explain that I have 100x more fun and play a game much more when there are local high scores for competition (even competing with myself) they just don’t get it. It’s old school with games like space invaders , asteroids etc …without high scores it removes 90% of the fun for me and it will be missing the “just one more time” factor ! I guess you had to live in that time to appreciate this. Im So excited to have good local leaderboards !! It’s been too long ! It’s been since my arcade days and it’s about time ! The old consoles didn’t really ever focus on leaderboards if I remember correctly. 

The two arcades nearest to me still have local leaderboards on their games. Everytime I go there I see someone bumped me out of top 3 on Rampage....guess who is going to spend half their time there trying to bump themselves back in there 😂 They also give out high score cards and track for each machine they have. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OEB_Pete said:

If you only knew the death threats that I have got since covering Amico, the vile and gross comments about me and my family, the racist comments about my kids and wife.   All I ever wanted to do when I started talking about Amico a few years back was to share the joy of anticipating a new game console like we did back in the days as kids/teenagers.  I have never waivered once, nor will I. I have Spent countless hours of my own time creating content, bringing people together and building a community I can be proud of. A community that has outgrown me bigtime :) .  I never needed @Tommy Tallarico to come on my channel to convince me about Amico, like so many I was already there! He had me at Amico!  

No one had to convince me either and I’m sorry to hear about having to deal with all of those comments /threats. Some people are cowards and say things online that they would NEVER say to your face. It’s a sickness. Very sad . 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

We have a lot of scenarios that could play out.  Still working on how we're going to approach it.  Big financial impacts either way.  If we're not going to produce the first batch in China (i.e. assemble them by hand in the U.S.) it buys us more time to secure the parts we need.  Of course we would lose a ton of money and the consoles we produce would cost us double than what we sold them for... but there are scenarios where that could happen.

Hope to have more solid info by the end of the month.

Offer it as a kit for enthusiasts (like in the 80s the Sinclair ZX81 home computer was available pre-build or as a kit). I will assemble my Amico myself from the components.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yo!,  Thanks for the question.

I don't believe you are remembering it correctly.  The first time we showed gameplay footage it was (in this order) Astrosmash, Night Stalker, Skiing, Biplanes, Cloudy Mountain and Dynablaster.

Cued up:

We then showed the controller working with Missile Command, Rigid Force Redux Enhanced and Shark! Shark! (cued up):

We then showed Spades being played on our mobile controller.

Farkle doesn't arrive until 3:24 into the video because we are specifically talking about some of the cool features of having a screen on every controller.

So it was the 11th game shown and only in reference to using the controllers in a very new and unique way.

Yes, I stand corrected. I’m not sure why the Farkle clip stood out to me so much, but I had forgotten about the others. Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Relicgamer said:

I can confirm this. Kevtris was even saying stuff that could be deemed racist with attacks on the people of the United Arab Emirates namely Dubai  by calling them a $Hithole that just happens to have a lot of oil money. 

All because the one guy Tommy went to meet that works for Intellivision has a McLaren

That’s disappointing, especially since I didn’t know this was the FPGA Kevtris. I love the Analog products! It’s like they say, “Die a hero, or live long enough to be a villain.”

Also, as someone who spent 4 yrs in the ME and has gone to Dubai on business many times, it’s probably one of the most luxurious places to live/work as an expat. Most of it is like a 5 Star mall/resort area. Loved my time there and always enjoy my visits. I’m not speaking at all about their politics or regard for workers, but no way would anyone who has been there call it, or any of the Emirates, a shithole. He should go fix the water in Flint before casting stones.

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 4