Tommy Tallarico

Tommy Tallarico - Fun Amico Conversations

15 minutes ago, woobman said:

Does it do 4k?

I am sure with a small mod, you could shoot more than 8K worth of pixels into your eyes with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bigdaddygamestudio said:

did you notice the release date.. 

Interesting to note as well - When the family was playing chess outside. They hinted at 4 player interactivity with the base model without saying anything.  The mom whispering into the kid's ear. Then Checkmate... All were happy.  See? 4 players without any extra hardware needed..  No I'm not saying they were being deceptive.  It's advertising. Stretching the truth a little. Like the family all playing the Party game each with a joycon. All on the couch.  Do that for an  hour... That would not be them laughing.  3 of the 4 would have cramps.  Now plop a few 3rd party controls. Pro. Or another pair of Joycons with the contoller mount. That would be a fun time.

My whole point is, if Tommy were to do something similar, a frame by frame analysis would take place and there would be many videos made by the same people stating that it's a scam...  Just sayin' ...  

Like I said in my original Post.. I love my switch, and want to see it in person before plunking down another $350.00. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cranker said:

The purple Amico controller pre-order disappeared from the EB Canada website. I pre-ordered one but decided I wanted 2 (since the red ones won’t come out at launch it seems) and now it’s gone. 🤔 

I'll ask Phil and Kelly.  I know we asked them to please update the picture so they aren't showing 2 controllers (no idea why they used that photo when we had sent them a single photo).

But I'll ask today.

Side note:  Not sure if folks were aware or not, but Kelly worked in sales at Nintendo for over a decade.  Super proud to have her as a part of the Intellivision team.  She's AMAZING!!!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

It's $350.  That was the price for the Wii U Deluxe model.

And people complain the Amico is too much, but they will spend $350 for a Nintendo?!  Talk about calling the kettle black! 🙄

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

And people complain the Amico is too much, but they will spend $350 for a Nintendo?!  Talk about calling the kettle black! 🙄

We're talking about the same people (in this case Pat & Ian) who said they would gladly pay $50 for the Playdate dock with a pen holder to enhance their solitary black and white $150 experience.

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Heck yeah!  For sure!!

Hoping to get out there in August or September if possible.

Awesome, really hope this happens, do you have a venue lined up? 

Thanks Tommy 👍😀

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

And people complain the Amico is too much, but they will spend $350 for a Nintendo?! Talk about calling the kettle black! 

its a popular well made Mobile gaming system with almost 100 million units sold and over 4000 games along with some top Nintendo creations.  Lets not go there, I personally dont care for it, but to say its not a very good gaming system worth 350 is just ridiculous. Nintendo is a proven leader, IE is a startup, so while I'm hoping for the best for IE, lets hope in 10 years they are in the same league as Nintendo, right now they just arent. 

Edited by bigdaddygamestudio
  • Like 8

51 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

We're talking about the same people (in this case Pat & Ian) who said they would gladly pay $50 for the Playdate dock with a pen holder to enhance their solitary black and white $150 experience.

Now a $180 experience. $280 with dock and cover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Swami said:

Now a $180 experience. $280 with dock and cover. 

I was planning on pre-ordering the Playdate because I love to check out anything new a different but I’m not sure now with the dock and cover it’s getting very expensive and I’m in Canada 🇨🇦 so it’s more $$

3 hours ago, Silverbot said:

Awesome, really hope this happens, do you have a venue lined up? 

Thanks Tommy 👍😀

I'm happy to host it at my home in Glasgow :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pop quiz - where am I shill’n?

Although out in the middle of nowhere is ran into a Intellivision fan and of course let them know Intellivision is back with the Amico. So many people remember the old console. :)

28B4C77A-4AA1-4A87-B5F6-B44FB7D91DD1.jpeg

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, GrudgeQ said:

Pop quiz - where am I shill’n?

Although out in the middle of nowhere is ran into a Intellivision fan and of course let them know Intellivision is back with the Amico. So many people remember the old console. :)

Looks like Yellowstone. The only thing that blows a lot of hot air with more regularity are the Tommy haters.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, JasperAK said:

Looks like Yellowstone. The only thing that blows a lot of hot air with more regularity are the Tommy haters.

Correct on both accounts!

• Like 5

I was looking at what platformer-style games have been announced for the Amico and saw Frogger, Burger Time and Caveman Ninja. Is much known about them, are they original games? They're definitely the types of games that interest me and new instalments in those franchises would be awesome! I'm also very interested to hear/see more about Dynablaster.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GD Mof said:

I was looking at what platformer-style games have been announced for the Amico and saw Frogger, Burger Time and Caveman Ninja. Is much known about them, are they original games? They're definitely the types of games that interest me and new instalments in those franchises would be awesome! I'm also very interested to hear/see more about Dynablaster.

I think Caveman Ninja is another name for Joe And Mac. All 3 of these are reimagined titles Frogger I remember from Intellivision and Atari, Joe And Mac I think was on SNES and Sega, seeing what we have of other reimagined classics I am very much looking forward to it 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, turbo graphics 220 said:

Will the Amico be launched in Australia or will that be after the US launch?

I believe that is part of a second launch if I remember correctly 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alpha82 said:

I think Caveman Ninja is another name for Joe And Mac. All 3 of these are reimagined titles Frogger I remember from Intellivision and Atari, Joe And Mac I think was on SNES and Sega, seeing what we have of other reimagined classics I am very much looking forward to it 

Yeah, I knew about the history of the franchises, I was wondering if they were new instalments and it sounds like they are, so that's good to hear! Thanks. I take it not much else is known about them yet? I hadn't seen any info bar seeing them on a list of upcoming games so I figured not much was known, but I wanted to be sure.

Hopefully Frogger will have a classic mode and a new mode kinda likes the PS1 games, that'd be cool.

• Like 2

A Frogger license hasn't been announced yet.  They did announce Caveman Ninja among other licenses back in 2018, but it's not one of the games in development, as far as I know.  All retro title games are remakes.  The emulated original versions aren't expected except for some of the Intellivision games.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thanks for letting me know.  Can you provide the link once again?  I'll send it over to Hans.  He's German and the president of Intellivision Europe.  I'm assuming he's aware, but would like to send him another note just in case.

Thanks!

Sure, here is the link: https://www.amazon.de/Intellivision-Amico-Finnigan-Fox-Code/dp/B095HLD9JB/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?brr=1&dchild=1&qid=1625654744&rd=1&s=videogames&sr=1-1

Maybe they accidentally uploaded a wrong file? Just ask why it says "5.Staffel" instead of "5.Jahreszeit"? But be aware it's just an example. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

A Frogger license hasn't been announced yet. 

Yes, he has mentioned numerous times, even gameplay details like the multiplayer frogger where you are for example four players, but only three “openings” on the other side, I think it will be a fantastic family/party game 👍

• Like 9

Silly question: Can the discs on the controller be popped off easily so they can be replaced? A customized disc? I don't think it's as free spinning as an arcade spinner, but it would be cool to be able to play breakout or other paddle like games with a Spinner-like attachment. Or a playdate like crank as previously joked about multiple pages back. That would be great for fishing games. :)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, woobman said:

Interesting to note as well - When the family was playing chess outside. They hinted at 4 player interactivity with the base model without saying anything.  The mom whispering into the kid's ear. Then Checkmate... All were happy.  See? 4 players without any extra hardware needed..  No I'm not saying they were being deceptive.  It's advertising. Stretching the truth a little. Like the family all playing the Party game each with a joycon. All on the couch.  Do that for an  hour... That would not be them laughing.  3 of the 4 would have cramps.  Now plop a few 3rd party controls. Pro. Or another pair of Joycons with the contoller mount. That would be a fun time.

My whole point is, if Tommy were to do something similar, a frame by frame analysis would take place and there would be many videos made by the same people stating that it's a scam...  Just sayin' ...  

Like I said in my original Post.. I love my switch, and want to see it in person before plunking down another $350.00. 

All the games on the screens in the Switch OLED advertising video looked like they have been added in post production and do not show the real thing. 

• Like 1

@Tommy Tallarico It has been a few weeks since EB Canada got the Amico up for Preorders, are you happy with the results?  My local shop actually knew about the device and spoke intelligently about it, ofcourse I talked their ear off about it, so much ..that they offered me a part time job working there :) 

Edited by OEB_Pete
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

A Frogger license hasn't been announced yet.  They did announce Caveman Ninja among other licenses back in 2018, but it's not one of the games in development, as far as I know.  All retro title games are remakes.  The emulated original versions aren't expected except for some of the Intellivision games.

According to a list I saw it's coming out, maybe the list is wrong. Updated versions of games like Frogger and Caveman Ninja would be very cool.

• Like 2